• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

/!\ Brag post incoming alert! /!\

I've had this internet speed for almost six years now:

which is pretty terrible for everything, but especially if your work involves uploading tons of stuff on a daily basis.

And finally today it became this:

I managed to download the latest Ubuntu (1.08GB) in a little less than 4 minutes, capping at 7.097 MB/s according to uTorrent.

I'm basically crying of joy and at the same time I'm super scared of trying CS:GO because I've heard bad things about the ping during online playing with my provider's fiber. :D

I didn't quite get the same speed you're getting now, but I almost cried as well when I got the option to upgrade to Telecom Italia's pseudo-fiber connection.

I'm more than 6 km away from the nearest Telecom hub, you can imagine the connection I was getting before... hint: same as it was in 2001.

Now I maniacally laugh every time I see Steam downloading at 3,5 :D

ExoSoul

Banned
Why R2 and L2 won't work? :l

Thought rumble, motion controls and PS button didn't work. First I heard of this.

There's other cases of partial feature loss when using a DS4 with the PS3.
In this case it has to do with the triggers, they're mechanically different (they also work a bit differently since the DS4 can sense more degrees of pressure) and the engine PSASBR was built on doesn't recognise the DS4's.
Sorry for the late reply, went to have lunch

From the kickstarter:

However, unlike the past glory days of the Japanese game industry, point-and-click games are a genre no publisher likes to take a chance on nowadays.

Holy shit...are Daedalic, Wadjet Eye and Screen 7 aware of that fact? Or are they merely implying that Japanese publishers are the only ones that matter? Okay, well to be fair even Tim Schafer couldn't find a publisher for Broken Age, so maybe those guys are too small-time for projects as big as they want.

Arthea

Some good news on Way of the Samurai 4

we’ve received some enquiries over whether Way of the Samurai 4 will receive any cuts to the game content. I’ve looked into it and I’ve been reliably informed that the Way of the Samurai 4 Steam release is going to be completely uncut. And yes this does mean that a certain hidden ‘nightcrawling’ section will still be present.

Knurek

Oh god, why did I not finish reading Umineko earlier.
I mean, I was burned out after first 4 episodes (each roughly taking 20 hours, with script to match the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy), but #5 and #6 are so amazing...
They all have the same issues - extremely slow build up, but the payoff is so amazing...
That moment when Furudo Erika states that she cannot use detective's authority in this game and you realize what this exactly means, and then she describes what she actually done...
Masterful. Simply masterful.

Milamber

Praised be Jesus Christ.

Praise Melinda MegaMelons!

9gwqG8u.jpg

Terra_Ex

From the kickstarter:

Holy shit...are Daedalic, Wadjet Eye and Screen 7 aware of that fact? Or are they merely implying that Japanese publishers are the only ones that matter? Okay, well to be fair even Tim Schafer couldn't find a publisher for Broken Age, so maybe those guys are too small-time for projects as big as they want.

I think the problem was in the presentation of this kickstarter, they've changed the front page and image now but, I mean:
this image didn't exactly convey to me that it's a kickstarter for a clock-tower esque game, it's something that on first glance I wouldn't think was out of place on an album cover or something. And while the text does certainly get into the details, first impressions count and I think they could have done a better job had they looked more closely at other similar successful KS pitches.

Some good news on Way of the Samurai 4
While I'm pleased nothing is getting cut, I certainly won't be going... *there*.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm still trying to figure out that last play call.

What's there to figure out? It was a perfect read and pick by the Patriot's player. Pete Carroll revealed his true nature immediately after when he told the players to fight to stop the clock.

It's too bad we don't have madden on PC so I could relive those moments in 4K over and over.

Knurek

What's there to figure out? It was a perfect read and pick by the Patriot's player. Pete Carroll revealed his true nature immediately after when he told the players to fight to stop the clock.

It's too bad we don't have madden on PC so I could relive those moments in 4K over and over.

Are we talking about handegg here?
I always though SteamGAF was more of a proper football zone...

Lain

/!\ Brag post incoming alert! /!\

I've had this internet speed for almost six years now:

which is pretty terrible for everything, but especially if your work involves uploading tons of stuff on a daily basis.

And finally today it became this:

I managed to download the latest Ubuntu (1.08GB) in a little less than 4 minutes, capping at 7.097 MB/s according to uTorrent.

I'm basically crying of joy and at the same time I'm super scared of trying CS:GO because I've heard bad things about the ping during online playing with my provider's fiber. :D

(also plz don't start posting your speeds, no one cares about speeds, mine included!)

Man I hate you! My download speed is less than your upload speed with my Alice ADSL.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are we talking about handegg here?
I always though SteamGAF was more of a proper football zone...

There are plenty of Americans in this thread just like there are plenty of people who hate anime stuff in this thread.

...did he actually do that? damn

We will never know, but it is something he would do considering he tells his team to do anything that would get a penalty because most won't get called. And it did work out that way with only 2 seconds being used up on the clock when Brady kneeled the first time.

Jawmuncher

There are plenty of Americans in this thread just like there are plenty of people who hate anime stuff in this thread.

We will never know, but it is something he would do considering he tells his team to do anything that would get a penalty because most won't get called. And it did work out that way with only 2 seconds being used up on the clock when Brady kneeled the first time.

Do you really absolutely hate everything "anime". Just curious is all, I'm not even that big of a anime fan show wise, but I just like the art style in games mainly.

JustinBB7

I'm almost done 100%'ing huniepop, took longer than I thought! I'm at like 18 hours now. Just need some outfits I think, got the
secret/end game girls too like Kyu/Venus/Celeste and Momo

Knurek

I always thought good old baseball was your national sport. Then basketball, and then maybe lacrosse.
Isn't handegg generally somewhere below NCAA, Nascar, hockey and squash popularity-wise?

Volcynika

At least I was able to play the first episode of Life is Strange before my PC problems. I enjoyed it. Hopefully I can fix it before the next episode.

Turfster

Nekochan Hero Collection keys now available for IR The Mixer 10 via Desura

Project Night keys now available for GamesRage Truly Indie Games (yeah, I have no idea either)

Dr Dogg

I think the closest thing we'll get to American Football on Steam would be Superbowl Half-Time Show Simulator. Nothing against Katie Perry but that was 10 unplausible minutes of my life I want back. Riding in on a 30 foot tiger puppet and then dancing with peeps dressed up as sharks? If that shit happened at half time during the FA Cup final there would be rioting in the streets.

Arthea

At least I was able to play the first episode of Life is Strange before my PC problems. I enjoyed it. Hopefully I can fix it before the next episode.

That's why you have two working PCs at all times, one can be a laptop.
yeah, I have, it's just how it is supposed to be (><)
I'm not sure what I would do if I had to spend even one day without a PC, more than two? just can't imagine.

Volcynika

That's why you have two working PCs at all times, one can be a laptop.
yeah, I have, it's just how it is supposed to be (><)
I'm not sure what I would do if I had to spend even one day without a PC, more than two? just can't imagine.

I don't have the space for that! Just Windows being dumb. :( I blame Ryse.

I'm American and I like football (the one people from the USA call soccer)
Though I should note that I'm from Fake America (TM)

_hekk05

Banned
muricans and their imperial system of units, handeggball, easily counterfeit currency, and inability to understand non-western culture

I don't complain as long as they sell cheap things online and provide shipping here

Jawmuncher

If my PC goes to shit I have nothing to play on my laptop but really old games. Thing can't run anything past the PS2 gen 3D wise decently.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I always thought good old baseball was your national sport. Then basketball, and then maybe lacrosse.
Isn't handegg generally somewhere below NCAA, Nascar, hockey and squash popularity-wise?

I'm not sure if I've met more than 10 people in my life that even know what lacrosse is.
And about 8 of those were after Archer came out.
"Football" is a huge deal here - in fact yesterday was practically a national holiday with most of the shops and stores closed except for the big national chain stores. I read online that 1/3 of the US population would be watching the Super Bowl.

I think the closest thing we'll get to American Football on Steam would be Superbowl Half-Time Show Simulator. Nothing against Katie Perry but that was 10 unplausible minutes of my life I want back. Riding in on a 30 foot tiger puppet and then dancing with peeps dressed up as sharks? If that shit happened at half time during the FA Cup final there would be rioting in the streets.

That was a tire fire of a show for sure. Lip syncing sharks? I thought I was high for sure.

In response to football on Steam, I'm holding out for this one.

I'm not sure if I've met more than 10 people in my life that even know what lacrosse is.
And about 8 of those were after Archer came out.
"Football" is a huge deal here - in fact yesterday was practically a national holiday with most of the shops and stores closed except for the big national chain stores. I read online that 1/3 of the US population would be watching the Super Bowl.

The previous five Super Bowls are now the five most watched TV programs in U.S. history (the long-running holder for most-watched TV program, the M*A*S*H finale in 1983, now ranks sixth). Only last year's telecast broke a string of rising ratings that started in 2006

Yeah, it's pretty big.

Oh hey! A new Steam Thread.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I feel like crap doing these 7am to 8pm work + school schedule. Imagine being awake @ 4:30am and staying out till 10pm. Any short, feel good games for a weary man?

Turfster

GMG deals: (20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX)
  • Spintires 40% off
  • F1 2014 66% off
  • Hatoful Boyfriend 50% off
  • Always Sometimes Monsters 75% off
  • Gods will be watching 50% off
  • Heavy Bullets 75% off
  • Luftrausers 75% off
  • OlliOlli 50% off
  • The Detail Episode 1 50% off

Nabs

I think I'm going to pick up Heavy Bullets, so I fully expect it to be in a Humble Bundle soon.

Dr Dogg

That was a tire fire of a show for sure. Lip syncing sharks? I thought I was high for sure.

In response to football on Steam, I'm holding out for this one..

That could be swish, especially since they have stated licensed teams and rosters. OOTP Baseball get's quite a bit of love (well by yourself amongst others) so be interesting to see their take on American Football. EA did something years ago called NFL Head Coach that lasted a few years before silently being dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom