• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

The more I play Dark Souls, the more I realize how the level and world design shits all over DS2.

Dark Souls 2 did a lot of things right, world building was not one of them.

Where are you at? Because DkS1 has some shitty level and world design as well.
I think the highs are higher but also lows are lower in DkS1.
DkS2 I find to be a bit more average with some highs and also not as may lows.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
muricans and their imperial system of units, handeggball, easily counterfeit currency, and inability to understand non-western culture

The inability to understand other cultures is pretty universal. The difference is that non-Americans think they understand American culture from watching movies or TV shows and knowing that New York, California, and Texas exist.

Americans, on the other hand, don't give enough of a shit to even pretend they know anything of other cultures. The most they'll think about it is what they can infer from Americanized versions of your food.

Parsnip

The inability to understand other cultures is pretty universal. The difference is that non-Americans think they understand American culture from watching movies or TV shows and knowing that New York, California, and Texas exist.
I watch so much TV that I thought I was an expert.
I've been living a lie all this time.

Dr Dogg

Pah! I laugh at your countries that can only comprehend one measurement system at a time. Telling someone they weigh x stones and pounds because they eat x amount of grams of sugar might be a dichotomy for some but second nature here.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Pah! I laugh at your countries that can only comprehend one measurement system at a time. Telling someone they weigh x stones and pounds because they eat x amount of grams of sugar might be a dichotomy for some but second nature here.

you Brits are weird ... and you drive on the wrong side of the road too!! ;)

rtcn63

I've watched clips of Basil Brush on Youtube, so I'm pretty sure I have a comprehensive understanding of how British culture works.

Dr Dogg

you Brits are weird ... and you drive on the wrong side of the road too!! ;)

You'll be surprised how many other countries drive on the left side of the road.

Despite nigh on 17 years of that stuck in my head I still drove on the right in Sleeping Dogs. Bloody vidya gaems causing bad habits.

Phinor

oh god, we played this sooo much on my Amiga 500 back in the day, wishlisted hard! :)

North vs South might be my favourite Amiga game and Amiga 500 is all I had from like 1989 to 1995.

I'm not sure I want to try this remake. I have a feeling it won't quite meet expectations at this point :)

Haunted

Americans, on the other hand, don't give enough of a shit to even pretend they know anything of other cultures. The most they'll think about it is what they can infer from Americanized versions of your food.
A lack of (critical?) thought generally seems to become a bigger and bigger problem in various western civilisations... some say exporting the aggressive brand of consumerism in the US could be a factor in that.

just sayin'

Haunted

You'll be surprised how many other countries drive on the left side of the road.
eh

left-hand-driving.gif

That could be swish, especially since they have stated licensed teams and rosters. OOTP Baseball get's quite a bit of love (well by yourself amongst others) so be interesting to see their take on American Football. EA did something years ago called NFL Head Coach that lasted a few years before silently being dropped.

Head Coach was a pretty solid idea that was just a dumpster fire upon implementation. i would've like to see it progress, but EA took it out back pretty early. I never played 09 since it wasn't on PC.

Where are you at? Because DkS1 has some shitty level and world design as well.
I think the highs are higher but also lows are lower in DkS1.
DkS2 I find to be a bit more average with some highs and also not as may lows.

I've made it as far as Anor Londo, so quite a bit more to go. I just like how 'connected' the world feels. DkS2' world felt very disconnected to me, not sure if the warping has anything to do with it or the rather 'linear' levels to the primal bonfires.

I pretty much agree with your points though.

Haunted

Phew, am I glad we didn't went off-topic by talking about anime.
anything to prevent that weeaboo waifu shit that makes other people uncomfortable even visiting the thread

Also, I want to praise the guy who recommended Serena. Nice short game if you're in a certain mood. Our group had fun trying to figure it out before the ending.
called it within the first two minutes, but still

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

My wife and I watch a lot of British TV (for example, your The Apprentice is far, far superior to ours) and the whole stone / pounds thing has always thrown me for a loop. It just seems like it's an unnecessary layer of complexity. My wife loves Supersize vs Superskinny and she's always having to use a conversion app on her iPad when they talk about weight and weight loss on that show. The best part is when they come to America to "scare" people about the dangers of being overweight, and they make the fat American person give their weight in stones and sound completely unnatural about it.

Anyway... I... uh, played some Fable Anniversary last night and that game is awesome and holds up well for originally being an Xbox game. The game looks great in 1080p/60fps. I just wish there was a bit more stuff available in the workshop.

r3n4ud

New Indiegala Monday bundle is up

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yury -- MB-B45A71E20B6CFDB3 - Taken by chronomac

Sometimes I just leave the thread when unnecessary vitriol against anime is said here, and let my man Chariot do the dirty stuff. Keeps mood stable, and my account safe. Not everyone like it yes, but please just don't overgeneralize stuff.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I forgot to turn on my steam account on its anniversary. Now I have to wait another year for jshackles' bday present to show up again. ;_;

Knurek

I'm not sure if I've met more than 10 people in my life that even know what lacrosse is.
And about 8 of those were after Archer came out.
"Football" is a huge deal here - in fact yesterday was practically a national holiday with most of the shops and stores closed except for the big national chain stores. I read online that 1/3 of the US population would be watching the Super Bowl.

So... you could call handegg the Call of Duty of sports?
I think I may as well just end all of my posts in /s, seriously thought the lacrosse thing was a dead giveaway for trollpost

derExperte

Random question: Will Besiege's price go up after it leaves Early Access? Has that happened before?

See Steam store page:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“We are going to scale the price with the amount of content available. So as more features, game modes and levels are added we will add to the cost incrementally. We hope that players will feel they paid the appropriate price for the amount of content available at any given stage of the games development.”

Also GB Quick Look (don't care that they call those Unfinished): http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-besiege-01-30-2015/2300-9895/

Parsnip

The only thing I know is that if you are chewing bubblegum it makes you look more American. Learned that from movies as well.

godzilla-bubblegum.gif

/!\ Brag post incoming alert! /!\

I've had this internet speed for almost six years now:

which is pretty terrible for everything, but especially if your work involves uploading tons of stuff on a daily basis.

And finally today it became this:

I managed to download the latest Ubuntu (1.08GB) in a little less than 4 minutes, capping at 7.097 MB/s according to uTorrent.

I'm basically crying of joy and at the same time I'm super scared of trying CS:GO because I've heard bad things about the ping during online playing with my provider's fiber. :D

(also plz don't start posting your speeds, no one cares about speeds, mine included!)

Congratulation on more than 10x better speed ! :)

MUnited83

For you.
They'll prob. be the publishers. Kinda glad to see S-E helping out indies.

Nope. Square Enix is just helping with visibility and connections in the industry. The publishers for this game are Ynnis interactive, a french publisher.(which is the one hosting the kickstarter)

Already have most of them but I might bite because of Verde Station.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They'll prob. be the publishers. Kinda glad to see S-E helping out indies.

Ynnis is publishing:

Thanks to Square Enix and some friends, we were also able to find a publisher very supportive of indie games in France, Ynnis interactive, which decided to come on board and help us with marketing, distribution and publishing of the game.

Squeenix's Collective initiative isn't really about funding projects:

One part publishing model and one part incubator, the Square Enix Collective is designed as a sort of low-impact vetting system by which pitched games receive feedback from the public and, if interest is high, will have their team and project proposal assessed by the publisher. Projects deemed viable are offered a distribution deal -- as well as assistance with budgeting, soliciting crowdfunds, and reaching project milestones.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ares_its_publishing_vision_for_Collective.php

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Apocalypse Bundle: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund..._medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+apocalypse

Meridian: New World
bit Dungeon II
Claire - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Pineview Drive - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Madballs in Babo: Invasion
The Nightmare Cooperative - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Sideway New York
AX:EL - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Verde Station

From what I've played:

Claire is a pretty good mixture of Lone Survivor x Haunting Ground x Silent Hill, it can sometimes be a bit confusing on where to go, but some fun 2D horror elements.
Pineview Drive is basically a haunted house game, has had post-release support.
Verde Station is a fun atmosphere puzzle game where you're alone on a space ship, explore and solve puzzles.

Backlogger

Bit the bullet on a 980. We'll be together soon, AssCreed Unity!

I'm jealous. Need to get one this year, maybe with tax return monies...

Is it just me? Or does it seem like more and more Early Access games are finding their way into bundles?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So, like I said in the last thread, I'm starting to play The Novelist. Game is OK. It seems more of a story with minimal gameplay. Kind of like Gone Home but not quite. It's a little more interactive, yet less engaging, if that makes sense.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some extras because that bundle was too good to pass up:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sideway New York -- MB-E3F2E941D28CD086 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Madballs in Babo Invasion -- MB-D023E245D3B0F463 - Taken by Diedac
Evoland -- MB-22932F56E769EC33 - Taken by dani_dc

Anteater

surprised life is strange is getting good feedbacks, too bad i only have 9 bucks, but i like to play multiple eps at a time anyway so i could wait.

HoosTrax

Random observations from playing a few dozen hours of ETS2:

1) Every freeway exit in Germany leads to some elusive city called Ausfahrt apparently.

2) Doing 50 mph is fast enough to constantly get speeding tickets.

3) Love how there is a roadside sign as you leave the Chunnel on the English side, reminding you to drive on the correct side of the road.

4) Drivers of white Mazda 3s are idiots who refuse to yield, at least in this game.

5) You are considered at fault in a collision even if the car you collide with is turning and you are going straight ahead, in an intersection.

6) Turning right during a red light is apparently forbidden.

7) This game has a seriously large and hardcore audience, judging by the number of people who have unlocked some of the achievements which should take >100 hours realtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom