• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Random observations from playing a few dozen hours of ETS2:

1) Every freeway exit in Germany leads to some elusive city called Ausfahrt apparently.

2) Doing 50 mph is fast enough to constantly get speeding tickets.

3) Love how there is a roadside sign as you leave the Chunnel on the English side, reminding you to drive on the correct side of the road.

4) Drivers of white Mazda 3s are idiots who refuse to yield, at least in this game.

5) You are considered at fault in a collision even if the car you collide with is turning and you are going straight ahead, in an intersection.

6) Turning right during a red light is apparently forbidden.

7) This game has a seriously large and hardcore audience, judging by the number of people who have unlocked some of the achievements which should take >100 hours realtime.
Don't you only get speeding tickets when there are speed cameras around? I constantly drive at the maximum speed I can and only slow down when I see a speed camera sign. Barely ever got a ticket.

sensoft04

Banned
So, like I said in the last thread, I'm starting to play The Novelist. Game is OK. It seems more of a story with minimal gameplay. Kind of like Gone Home but not quite. It's a little more interactive, yet less engaging, if that makes sense.

The game is alright but nothing much

Uzzy

b7nD0Ew.png

Feeling pretty damn chuffed about that time. Guess I can run around now on Real Survivor mode with the infinite rocket launcher, using Jill in her RE3 outfit.

HoosTrax

Don't you only get speeding tickets when there are speed cameras around? I constantly drive at the maximum speed I can and only slow down when I see a speed camera sign. Barely ever got a ticket.
I suppose that's true. I find it hard to constantly be on the lookout for the speed camera signs when I'm watching a movie on Netflix on my other monitor, so I end up with speeding tickets. I mainly meant that 50 mph seems like a pretty low speed limit for a highway.

The game needs an in-game version of Waze or something, that shows the location of all traffic enforcement cameras on your GPS display.

From what I've played:

Claire is a pretty good mixture of Lone Survivor x Haunting Ground x Silent Hill, it can sometimes be a bit confusing on where to go, but some fun 2D horror elements.
Pineview Drive is basically a haunted house game, has had post-release support.
Verde Station is a fun atmosphere puzzle game where you're alone on a space ship, explore and solve puzzles.

To add to this, I've played Nightmare Cooperative on iOS. It's a great little puzzle/rogue-type that can be tough-as-nails. Perfect for the platform that I played it on, though, I'd suspect that a keyboard would be just fine, if not better, here.

Bit Dungeon II had some pretty good buzz around the iOS release, too. I haven't picked it up.

Jawmuncher

Feeling pretty damn chuffed about that time. Guess I can run around now on Real Survivor mode with the infinite rocket launcher, using Jill in her RE3 outfit.

Remember to not have 4 completed saves on the same file or you get stuck with that one scary zombie

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Project Night -- MB-5DB0D170921ADE09 - Taken by WinterDemons
Drive to Hell -- MB-6935D3F87C974C30 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
NekoChan Hero Collection -- MB-E3C896200B2ED7F2 - Taken by Scipius

Jørdan

+
ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Hexcells Plus -- MB-478830EE9D28721F - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Hexcells Plus #2 -- MB-0BBE305233658BAE - Taken by TheLight
Hexcells Plus #3 -- MB-774ECF9AB3800F2B - Taken by Whooter
Hexcells Plus #4 -- MB-E0F8DEC4D88B0815 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Hexcells Plus #5 -- MB-08CF3CE445E44B06 - Taken by 7Sins
Hexcells Plus #6 -- MB-EE2688E172D37B69 - Taken by abracadaver

abracadaver

Thank you Jørdan! Got the last one.

I was watching Dunderhassan play this a while ago and immediately added it to my wishlist. Now I can play it myself :-D

Thanks

Parsnip

They should be spending that money on a new Fear Effect.

Does Square own Fear Effect? The two games were published by Eidos who is now owned by Square, but afaik Kronos retained the IP rights and even tried to shop the third part around after Eidos pulled out. But after Kronos disbanded... who knows.

zkylon

zkylewd
It doesn't work with me, I more or less wanna play everything, with the exception of games with a lot of QTEs, little to no gameplay and with zombies, I'm really fed up with zombies and I think these are most boring enemies one could come up with, really I do, even bugs and rats aren't this boring.
Oh, almost forgot steam favourite - survival games, don't get those entirely, they bore me to stupor, whenever I try.
well like i said it doesn't have to mean you'll never play it, just that you won't play it right away

if you're in the middle of playing another game or have another game in the immediate backlog just basically not buy anything until you're done with those. and if the game you see is the one that would override them then go ahead

also you totally should play Hatoful Boyfriend, trust me on this, you should!
ehh, at one point. right now i'm not very much interested in

The more I play Dark Souls, the more I realize how the level and world design shits all over DS2.

Dark Souls 2 did a lot of things right, world building was not one of them.
yup, it's ages better than dks2's. did u play the dks2 dlc? level design is much improved in those

Crossposting from February Indie Thread:

Monthly update about Stardew Valley:
woot!

Some good news on Way of the Samurai 4
i'm really gonna be disappointed by this way of the samurai, am i?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ace of Spades: Battle Builder -- MB-256EA2F93A0DB5FE - Taken by topyy

i'm really gonna be disappointed by this way of the samurai, am i?
What do you mean?

The scene in question is rather obscure, requires a crapload of effort, and is essentially a joke.

It's a goofy game, easily the goofiest entry in the Way of the Samurai series, but a lot of the sillier moments are easy to ignore.

---

Got all of the achievements in Neptunia.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/stats/282900

I don't usually 100% games (especially not RPGs) so eh.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The game is alright but nothing much

Yep, I'm starting to learn this about The Novelist. I might just stop right now. It's a way to spend time but I wouldn't say it's a memorable experience.

Jawmuncher

Good guy Jørdan.

Keep in mind this is more like a tutorial. Hexcells Plus is the GOTY.
Whatever can let me dip my feet im good with.
Because it's been nothing but positive talk here.

Does Square own Fear Effect? The two games were published by Eidos who is now owned by Square, but afaik Kronos retained the IP rights and even tried to shop the third part around after Eidos pulled out. But after Kronos disbanded... who knows.

Ahhh forgot about that. Might be a reason why the games are up on EU PSN but not NA. So someone owns them at least.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
North vs South might be my favourite Amiga game and Amiga 500 is all I had from like 1989 to 1995.

I'm not sure I want to try this remake. I have a feeling it won't quite meet expectations at this point :)

best six years of your life I bet, I mean what else would someone need if you have a glorious A500! ;)

I hope you had the memory expansion for futuristic 1MB RAM gaming.

But for real, the A500 may be my favorite Home Computer/gaming machine ever, good times :)

Parsnip

Ugh. I wish humble store offered other non-cc payment options than paypal. Because for some reason that shit is lagging right now. Been watching this nice loading icon for couple minutes and nothing. Paypal works fine in another tab though, wtf.

Maybe if I just try again, how about that. Nope, still nothing.

fake edit:
Sorry, your Humble Store order has been canceled.

We have received too many purchase requests from you in a short period of time, so we have canceled your order (you will not be charged).

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Well fuck you too.

real edit:
Can I fake my region for humble store? Would love to use amazon payments but it's not available for €uro.

inm8num2

Just learned about something really awesome - a continuation of the Penumbra series has been released as a total conversion mod for Amnesia.

Total Conversion (mod) for the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Penumbra: Necrologue is a continuation of the Penumbra series made by Frictional Games. The game starts right where the last game in the series ended (Penumbra: Requiem). Join Philip in the last part of his journey as he tries to find the answers to everything he witnessed in Archaic Shelter while trying to stay alive from the many horrors that await him deep below the ice.

"...And only you decide what to do with this story."

edit - not sure if this is "official" or not, or if Frictional is involved in any way.

zkylon

zkylewd
What do you mean?

The scene in question is rather obscure, requires a crapload of effort, and is essentially a joke.

It's a goofy game, easily the goofiest entry in the Way of the Samurai series, but a lot of the sillier moments are easy to ignore.
exactly

i liked way of the samurai 1 because it felt like a japanese movie epic or something

i would like to have that over "goofy shit"

HoosTrax

North & South. Was released on mobile a year or two ago, anyone know if the remake was any good?
Wow, this is intriguing.

I'm looking at the screenshots for this game, and it reminds me a lot of a probably somewhat obscure game called General Chaos on the SEGA Genesis:

ss_04904cc3d83b05931d6e11fbec548917a0b803e3.600x338.jpg

vs
generalchaos.gif

BruteUA

Wow, this is intriguing.

I'm looking at the screenshots for this game, and it reminds me a lot of a probably somewhat obscure game called General Chaos on the SEGA Genesis:

I mentioned that earlier. Too bad the remake/sequel didn't get kickstarted. Supposedly the game's still coming, it's just going to take much longer.

HoosTrax

I mentioned that earlier. Too bad the remake/sequel didn't get kickstarted. Supposedly the game's still coming, it's just going to take much longer.
Ah, that's too bad. Looking forward to when/if it does eventually come out.

When I was a kid, I had to rely on the "ghetto arcade" for much of my console gaming, i.e. mooching off of Blockbuster Video, Best Buy, and Funcoland (eventually EB Games and now GameStop)'s game demo kiosks. Blockbuster had a kiosk with General Chaos on it, and I still remember enjoying that game.

MUnited83

For you.
Just learned about something really awesome - a continuation of the Penumbra series has been released as a total conversion mod for Amnesia.

edit - not sure if this is "official" or not, or if Frictional is involved in any way.

Definitely approved by Frictional Games.

I should really stop looking at weekly sales. There hasn't been anything interesting featured for what feels like years.
Why would Volvo go for the studio focused on single player games?

Valve went from making singleplayer games to exclusively multiplayer free-to-play hatgenerators and look what happened.

The potential is obvious. Obvious!
OBVIOUS /s

Wow, this is intriguing.

Oh man, loved couch co-op General Chaos. My brother and I rented that from our local Easy Video so many times that my parents finally bought it for us that following Christmas. Continuing the campaign after beating it was hard as heck though, especially the times when the stage would randomly speed up very fast and would get rocked because we were still trying to adjust to the change of pace.

Always picked Launcher and Scorcher to try for the insta-kills, lol.

Edit: What's interesting is that there was a failed Kickstarter campaign in 2013 by the original designer for a sequel! Not much interest in it though (only raised $15k out of $125k), too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom