• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I have had HexCells Plus for months but I absolutely refuse to play it because everyone tells me to play the first one first but literally every time hexcells is in a bundle it's +

so... baka

Oh?

being_creative_anxiety.jpg

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Well since you mentioned it, I did in fact have the extra memory. I don't even know how I knew to request extra memory (I didn't have it initially). I also remember a huge blocky thing that handled sending the signal to my TV. Man I hated that thing, if it shifted a nanometer, picture would be garbage instantly.

You mean this thing

iLAJQLkqyANgA.jpg

I had one too, i just put a cable between the Amiga and the adapter, no more shifting issues.

I have to get my A500 out of the basement sometime in the near future for a retro gaming season, I hope it still works :)

FLD

Only two days left to decide if I want to use that 25% voucher to pre-order RE Revelations 2 from GMG and I can't make up my damn mind. :(

After playing RE6 last fall and enjoying it way more than I expected, it's clear that even shitty Resident Evil is something I can enjoy. But I dunno, something feels a bit off about RE:R 2. :/

Are any of you guys planning to get it or have already done so?

Haunted

Random observations from playing a few dozen hours of ETS2:

1) Every freeway exit in Germany leads to some elusive city called Ausfahrt apparently.

2) Doing 50 mph is fast enough to constantly get speeding tickets.

3) Love how there is a roadside sign as you leave the Chunnel on the English side, reminding you to drive on the correct side of the road.

4) Drivers of white Mazda 3s are idiots who refuse to yield, at least in this game.

5) You are considered at fault in a collision even if the car you collide with is turning and you are going straight ahead, in an intersection.

6) Turning right during a red light is apparently forbidden.

7) This game has a seriously large and hardcore audience, judging by the number of people who have unlocked some of the achievements which should take >100 hours realtime.
1) in related news, from my experience driving in the US, "exit" seems the most popular city name in the States

2) depends on where you are. No speed limit on stretches of the Autobahn, aw yeah! (though there's a 100km/h limit for trucks over a certain tonnage as well as a 70km/h limit on most trunk roads and a 50 km/h limit in cities)

3) now that's attention to detail!

4) just like in real life

5) depends on the situation, but I can easily imagine the game being wrong here and just faulting the player

6) of course it is!? what kind of barbarian would just ignore a red light

7) it does, though steam achievements are also easily unlockable via an external program (Valve doesn't really give a shit)

Sch1sm

Only two days left to decide if I want to use that 25% voucher to pre-order RE Revelations 2 from GMG and I can't make up my damn mind. :(

After playing RE6 last fall and enjoying it way more than I expected, it's clear that even shitty Resident Evil is something I can enjoy. But I dunno, something feels a bit off about RE:R 2. :/

Are any of you guys planning to get it or have already done so?

Sacrilege.

I'll probably wait on buying it. Maybe this summer. Even with that 25% off coupon I can't bring myself to bite because I have the same qualms. :c

Dingotech

I've been waiting for a decent discount on Heavy Bullets for a while, not only do GMG have it for 75% off plus a stacking 20% voucher, but when you buy a copy and redeem it on Steam you end up with another gift copy of the game!

Just tested this and it works!

titch

Oh great, now I got charged twice on humble store. Paypal ugh.

Any non-USD people around? I'm curious if humble store offers google wallet as a payment option for you.

It's greyed out but i can click on it and it brings up my details so it looks like it will work.

I'm UK btw.

Extras, no need to send thank
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sideway New York -- MB-9E93A907A448655C - Taken by pupo
Yury -- MB-E92EBFFDAE3B70FB - Taken by Sch1sm
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-910A46DC05258D70 - Taken by Mavromatis

FLD

I'll probably wait on buying it. Maybe this summer. Even with that 25% off coupon I can't bring myself to bite because I have the same qualms. :c

I'll take it when 75% off, but something from trailers I saw seems out of place. I don't like the "poiint your finger" mechanic too much, but I didn't play the game, so I can't judge how it works.

Guess it's not just me then. I try to be very careful with what I pre-order but if it reviews well I'll probably want to grab it right away, and then I'll kick myself for missing this deal.

If it comes to it, I guess I could just throw the card money I have in my Steam wallet at it, but I was hoping to use that on a pricier game, like Witcher 3. :/

(Note: I've only played the demo) For Dead State, does anyone know if the devs plan to implement fog of war for real? I find the absence of proper fog of war to be a dealbreaker when playing - it leaves far too much room for tactical error in exploration.

I can't believe DS doesn't have proper fog of war to begin with.

I have had HexCells Plus for months but I absolutely refuse to play it because everyone tells me to play the first one first but literally every time hexcells is in a bundle it's +

so... baka

IMO, it's possible to jump in with Plus, with two main caveats: 1) the basic concepts are recapped *very* quickly in Plus, and 2) it makes vanilla Hexcells a piece of piss.

Oh great, now I got charged twice on humble store. Paypal ugh.

Any non-USD people around? I'm curious if humble store offers google wallet as a payment option for you.

FYI: Google Wallet as a payment option is going to be shut down on March 2nd. So, uh, credit card?

Hatoful is $5 on GMG.

I have no interest in a pigeon dating sim, but I've heard that it's a must-play.

I have $3.75 credit.

Do I need to go ahead and spend $1.25 to play this?

I've been waiting for a decent discount on Heavy Bullets for a while, not only do GMG have it for 75% off plus a stacking 20% voucher, but when you buy a copy and redeem it on Steam you end up with another gift copy of the game!

Just tested this and it works!

For that price everybody should try Heavy Bullets. It's not perfect, but it's a nice FPS-roguelike with a strong and unique audio and visuals.

dex3108

Ubisoft will activate FarCry 4 keys for people who already started playing it.

In January, we reported extensively on a situation involving fraudulent Far Cry 4 keys. Ubisoft had discovered that the keys were bought with a stolen credit card and decided to deactivate all of them.

Ubisoft has continued to investigate the matter and has amended its decision. “After further investigation into the matter of keys that were fraudulently purchased on EA's Origin store, we are reinstating keys for consumers who already had successfully activated and started playing the games,” a representative told us via email. “Any remaining fraudulently obtained and resold keys have been deactivated

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...cry-4-keys-for-customers-already-playing.aspx

Arthea

Hatoful is $5 on GMG.

I have no interest in a pigeon dating sim, but I've heard that it's a must-play.

I have $3.75 credit.

Do I need to go ahead and spend $1.25 to play this?

do you like being surprised? if your answer is yes, buy it, if not, I pity you!

BruteUA

Looks like somebody already grabbed Akane.

Somebody should grab this one too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for BruteUA:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-900BC4C9ECCBA4FB - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.

t1422909446z1.png

do you like being surprised? if your answer is yes, buy it, if not, I pity you!

I think I'm starting to build some kind of expectations for this game that it'll be the next Frog Fractions or something.

Maybe now it's not possible for it to surprise me :p

Arthea

I think I'm starting to build some kind of expectations for this game that it'll be the next Frog Fractions or something.

Maybe now it's not possible for it to surprise me :p

unless you already know, absolutely not possible it won't surprise you.
Then again, if you'll set your expectations too high, it might not surprise you enough. But it's one of those games which until you play, you won't know what you are missing.

Grief.exe

I am really tempted to pick up a Joystick and get started on all these awesome space-related releases we have been seeing.

Freespace Open, Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, Tie Fighter, X Wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron,
Homeworld
, and more.

The X-55 and CH products looks like the best buys at the moment. Rhino is freaking cool though.

Finished Life Is Strange EP1, I really liked it. Like I said before, it truly is the Telltale system evolved. Every single choice seemed to have at least some significant outcome to it. The ending stats were pretty interesting, according to it 98% missed an section I missed too, weird. Can't wait for episode 2!

Continued Wasteland 2, finally figured out
not to waste time at Prison at this point
and made some real progress. Heck yeahz

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know how to get Crysis 1 working on 64 bit Windows 7?

This seems to work if you're lucky. I played through Crysis and the Warhead expansion a couple of years ago or so but can't recall how much trouble (if any at all) I had getting them to run properly.

okiemok

Does anyone have a good way to convert Amazon Credits to Steam Credits 1-1?

There are some Wallet Gift Cards available on Amazon, but not really in any simple, easy conversion solution, and most cards sell for more than their wallet value.

I have discovered that amazon credits can be turned into an Amazon gift card, which can then be used to purchase steam keys sold on Amazon. This works for some titles but it looks like you only get Steam sale prices with this technique during the Winter sale.

the only major issue i had playing crysis 1 recently
outside of crysis 1 being completely unenjoyable
was that there's some sort of issue where the framerate drops to 24 fps often when using an HDMI connection. Had to download a unofficial patch to fix it.

Parsnip

It's greyed out but i can click on it and it brings up my details so it looks like it will work.

I'm UK btw.
Thanks for checking.

FYI: Google Wallet as a payment option is going to be shut down on March 2nd. So, uh, credit card?
Oh, well, that's just balls then. I don't like giving out my cc to every store on the internet but it seems like soon that's the only option outside of paypal.

Amazon payments needs to expand to non-usd currencies or whatever.

redlacs

before i jump into Groupees trading i need to make sure all my keys will work. these come from old bundles and i have no idea if they are used or not. posting here so i can mark them as used and move on..

steam:
1953 - KGB Unleashed - Q3QB3-7PIX4-MZTWI
Grimm (Complete Serie) - Q2KBE-6NE7B-K7EWN
Infected: The Twin Vaccine - PZC7X-7TXQ7-GZVID
Redshirt - Q0P34-XX8HA-5JPWM
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe - PX9IB-W0CEF-BY9M7

+ some spare desuras:
Crunch Time! - HRBXG-9XU5Y-MER4W-1HZUI-BO8US
ONE DAY for Ched - MYV9M-2Y2HD-UOWFJ-INELS-TWGA9
Sometimes - LKIB1-LD0KM-BS2NX-TM936-LZLQA
Steamalot: Epoch's Journey - KMY8E-GFKVD-BCW50-8GYS1-OZP8H
The Lady - 49WEP-TKC2U-AHYY0-0ON26-ISJ5S

RedFyn

Whatever happened to that ftp supernatural hunter game? It was like l4d but you hunted witches and werewolves out in the boonies.

If you have (or buy with this bundle) Afterfall Reconquest: Episode 1 and write a comment on the following thread, you will get Episode 2 and 3 for free.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/299640/announcements/detail/213127572380448494

For what it's worth they aren't real clear on the requirements for that. The inital thread about that seemed to indicate it was for people whose comments have an input into the game, but they don't really clarify what that means. So if people are just posting random comments expecting to get episodes 2 and 3 for free I wouldn't count on it.

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-89507A632A566BF0 - Taken by Toshin. 60 entrants total.
Pix the Cat -- MB-836D745D66AAB7C9 - Taken by louiedog. 38 entrants total.

t1422914786z1.png

OK the teeth the dentist operated on are hurting if I apply lots of pressure and the side of my mouth that was operated also feels some pain. Prob. because of the dentistry I did today but I really hope it goes away >_>;
Other than that I'm gonna give Clint Eastwood's Dollar series a watch in the vain hope it will cause a ripple effect and make RDR on PC/Steam a reality.

Megauap

For what it's worth they aren't real clear on the requirements for that. The inital thread about that seemed to indicate it was for people whose comments have an input into the game, but they don't really clarify what that means. So if people are just posting random comments expecting to get episodes 2 and 3 for free I wouldn't count on it.

It seems that in the end, anyone who buys the bundle will get Episode 2 and 3 without having to do anything :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2uj7fa/bundle_stars_apocalypse_bundle_afterfall/co8vo6j

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Meridian New World -- MB-82B5FB7851176A28 - Taken by Diedac
Claire -- MB-166458A4CC4DD071 - Taken by Bayonetta
Evoland -- MB-A3D6C8BE4C6F2F50 - Taken by rainking187
bit Dungeon II -- MB-67985CEA7B439676 - Taken by derExperte

Thanks. I'm glad it was saved, but Dev change isn't the greatest news. Do you know if any of the original team is still working on it?

I don't know. Weeks before the layoffs the higher ups and some others at Austin left the studio. Then HQ offered the remaining devs to re-apply at them, and Austin has been left to do engine support I think. A gaffer was part of that studio (he was ex-Vigil too as most of that studio), but haven't seen him since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom