• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFyn

I don't know. Weeks before the layoffs the higher ups and some others at Austin left the studio. Then HQ offered the remaining devs to re-apply at them, and Austin has been left to do engine support I think. A gaffer was part of that studio (he was ex-Vigil too as most of that studio), but haven't seen him since.
Shame. Ive been reading up on it now that i know the name. I can't imagine many people moved to Frankfurt. I just hope the vision stays the same, I don't really like the idea of Frankfurt taking over.

I don't know. Weeks before the layoffs the higher ups and some others at Austin left the studio. Then HQ offered the remaining devs to re-apply at them, and Austin has been left to do engine support I think. A gaffer was part of that studio (he was ex-Vigil too as most of that studio), but haven't seen him since.

Crytek seems to have absolutely bungled their expansion. Then again, I did think that they were expanding way too quickly to be sustainable.

Divius

9HQlJrA.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished updating Enhanced Steam's Patreon page.

This was blowing my mind. This is the chart for downloads as it was in March of last year when Enhanced Steam started collecting donations via Patreon:

And here is that same chart as of yesterday:

It's not even been a year, and downloads have gone from 751,220 (March 2014) to 1,646,334 (January 2015). Every time I see stuff like this I am extremely humbled to know that so many people are enjoying my work.

Crytek seems to have absolutely bungled their expansion. Then again, I did think that they were expanding way too quickly to be sustainable.

Yeah and they made the big mistake of jumping into multiple things after another fast. "Hey console AAA gaming is booming, let's target Crysis with that from now on"; "Steam is cool, let's make GFACE"; "F2P is cool now, how about we do it too"; "Epic's EaaS sounds neat, let us do it as well"

titch

For that price everybody should try Heavy Bullets. It's not perfect, but it's a nice FPS-roguelike with a strong and unique audio and visuals.

That sold it for me :) Plus it does look really fun to play.

It's not even been a year, and downloads have gone from 751,220 (March 2014) to 1,646,334 (January 2015). Every time I see stuff like this I am extremely humbled to know that so many people are enjoying my work.

Massive Kudos to your work.

Stop making me buy games you lot :)

Turfster

Claire is a nightmare to find your way in (especially on controller - which I had to switch to because hey look HARDCODED WASD - which has no bindings for the map screen, even though there's unused buttons), and the enemies are fucking annoying, since they touch you twice and you're dead, and you can't do anything but run away... or jump over them if they're blocking the only path to proceed on.

zkylon

zkylewd
The premise of the game doesn't sound very cool. Why would I waste my money and resort to selling drugs to get to a Exs wedding?
I'm guessing the game gives you a ending If you don't Try to go still?

it's a game you need to play along with if you want to enjoy it

if you're not gonna, just play something else!

Jawmuncher

it's a game you need to play along with if you want to enjoy it

if you're not gonna, just play something else!

It's just a odd situation to thrust on a player and hope they get involved with. I would probably give it a try, but I remember someone saying you need to buy a lot of pizza to stay alive or something. Really cloudy memory about it.

Sendou

Always Sometimes Monsters, yes/no? 2.50 at GMG, should I get it?

To be honest with you I don't think the game is worth it at any price. Worst game I played last year. Story didn't click with me at all and it has the usual RPGMaker game problems.

Teggy

Out of curiosity, could Safari plugins theoretically support Enhanced Steam? I use Safari because it hooks into all my auto fills and payment stuff across all my devices, so I wind up not using ES most of the time because I don't feel like booting up another browser.

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sideway New York -- MB-CDED35F90B63E59A - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Afterfall Reconquest: Episode 1 -- MB-744E5BE3B2B13130 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Madballs in Babo:Invasion -- MB-53B0383172AAFC09 - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Yury -- MB-0AE9CD9DBB23AE8D - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-3E9ACE4D954B4607 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.

t1422917606z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Out of curiosity, could Safari plugins theoretically support Enhanced Steam? I use Safari because it hooks into all my auto fills and payment stuff across all my devices, so I wind up not using ES most of the time because I don't feel like booting up another browser.

It's been a while since I checked, but last I looked Safari still didn't support cross domain data exchange whitelisting in their extensions. Enhanced Steam pulls a lot of data from both the store.steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com across both domains - for example, showing badge progress from the community side on the game's storefront page. So while theoretically possible it would be extremely limited without Safari updating their extension SDK.

In the mean time, if you use Windows you can download and run the Standalone application which will add Enhanced Steam to not only Safari but also to any other browser including the Steam client.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's just a odd situation to thrust on a player and hope they get involved with. I would probably give it a try, but I remember someone saying you need to buy a lot of pizza to stay alive or something. Really cloudy memory about it.

the game gives you just enough reason to. you get to choose your main character and your ex out of a number of options, pick their names and just roleplay your mc's personality. i found it to be really compelling and really easy to relate to and make your own. for instance i made my character a smoker even if there was no real motivation to, and i had to juggle my money more tightly just cos i had to keep smoking. it's interesting cos out of your roleplaying interesting situations arise like being forced to choose between smokes and food, etc.

no idea about the pizza, you can go without eating for a few days

It's been a while since I checked, but last I looked Safari still didn't support cross domain data exchange whitelisting in their extensions. Enhanced Steam pulls a lot of data from both the store.steampowered.com and steamcommunity.com across both domains - for example, showing badge progress from the community side on the game's storefront page. So while theoretically possible it would be extremely limited without Safari updating their extension SDK.

In the mean time, if you use Windows you can download and run the Standalone application which will add Enhanced Steam to not only Safari but also to any other browser including the Steam client.
Wow, I had no idea you could use ES in the client proper. Now I'll have to think about DLing it some time...

Keep up the good work, jshackles!

Wow, I had no idea you could use ES in the client proper. Now I'll have to think about DLing it some time...

I didn't know either. I've always been a little disappointed when I open the Steam Store in Steam and don't have access to the extra ES info. I'll have to remedy this soon!

jshackles

I didn't know either. I've always been a little disappointed when I open the Steam Store in Steam and don't have access to the extra ES info. I'll have to remedy this soon!

Let me know if you run into any issues. It's still very "beta" and I plan on doing some updates to it when I get the time since it hasn't been updated since December. It should work fine but like I mentioned, any feedback is appreciated.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 44 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Spirits -- MB-8E7537A62FB052F2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 8 entrants total.
Pressured -- MB-2C82F14FB2D2F2ED - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Madballs in Babo Invasion -- MB-A0F19AEDC4053688 - Taken by brassica. 2 entrants total.
Showtime! -- MB-A52009BD4C83214B - Taken by Darth Kupi. 7 entrants total.
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-84388219F3261751 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Z Steel Soldiers -- MB-2B16CF66CA4F7036 - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.
Robowars #2 -- MB-4B97DE9EB4E95272 - Taken by autoduelist. 2 entrants total.
Dwarf Tower -- MB-1F2BC7B34842F779 - Taken by Akuosa. 4 entrants total.
Ducati World Championship -- MB-A8B703D2707BED54 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-445907BEFA203701 - Taken by Conrad Link. 2 entrants total.
Words for Evil -- MB-2D6ABE609F6B0911 - Taken by Cth. 7 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Game Tycoon 1.5 #2 -- MB-E13EDDDFB6D13505 - Taken by factorone. 1 entrants total.
New Star Soccer 5 -- MB-CBAA2455A330F363 - Taken by Pranay_. 2 entrants total.
Tex Murphy Martian Memorandum -- MB-81CD365A86301738 - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Talisman Prologue -- MB-F5BC054DD869314B - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.
Cinders -- MB-A51255933D3861D7 - Taken by Lobogris. 12 entrants total.
Project Night -- MB-D1E1CE3241157459 - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
Pressured #2 -- MB-776FC0647E6CFD88 - Taken by jmizzal. 1 entrants total.
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-EB8DA639E56EB28F - Taken by nja. 3 entrants total.
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-3EE140FE01CB027F - Taken by thereisnoif. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon Lurk II Leona -- MB-3C25F0F7148B506A - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
LEVEL 22 -- MB-4ED824717FA3D3EF - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-2A622B82229E1107 - Taken by darkchewie. 11 entrants total.
Fly'N -- MB-E9B29260EE51742E - Taken by TheTrain. 3 entrants total.
Poof vs The Cursed Kitty -- MB-4C6002A75978029B - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Luna Shattered Hearts Episode 1 -- MB-9E514A374EAA30E5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Inside The Gear -- MB-2B81940DF7AA95A3 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Cloud Chamber -- MB-BEDE856FE837B5BA - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Psichodelya #2 -- MB-ABF212EB5E4B780C - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Inside The Gear #2 -- MB-449A4A585B95A7F3 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-13617CB61868EC17 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Evoland -- MB-12E1D7805AE0D805 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 16 entrants total.
Yury -- MB-DB7CD14537175223 - Taken by Chreznor. 2 entrants total.
Sugar Cube Bittersweet Factory -- MB-AA8751182388E3DB - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Talisman Digital Edition -- MB-6C47795931AD7269 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 4 entrants total.
Spy Chameleon -- MB-E5E40F52A340E930 - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
Robowars -- MB-65EC96A1B665E6A0 - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-73262B4934C03AAF - Taken by anastef

Sideway New York -- MB-7E0B6E4F6C3104EC - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Game Tycoon 1.5 -- MB-8AA932CC6F92CCCD - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Gauge -- MB-9EEA4BF6D21E2B00 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Psichodelya -- MB-51CD5272C27C0AB9 - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
ClusterPuck 99 -- MB-6DD8AD157B964B20 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Card City Nights -- MB-C02CB7DFB2A720D8 - Taken by bobnowhere. 9 entrants total.

t1422929486z1.png

Let me know if you run into any issues. , any feedback is appreciated.
I downloaded it again, but made the steam pages in the client and the browser load really slow. I'll maybe test it again an other day to see why the proxy is slow for me.
Not a big deal as I am rocking ES v1.3 on Opera 12.17 :)
I do not know what I am missing (ignorance is bliss) using the old ES version as newer versions will not work on Opera 12. And NO! I will not upgrade or use another browser as my main browser!

Numba Deluxe is only 44 cents this week!

My impressions from an earlier Steam thread:

Numba Deluxe actually turned out to be a really cool, fun surprise hidden gem sort of thing. You won't get resolution options or widescreen support - it's pretty cheap and low budget - but what you do get is an addictive, enjoyable puzzler than can be experienced in quick, convenient bursts.

Basically, you have to match patterns of numbers together - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and things like that. There are three modes: classic, timeless, and puzzle. I'll admit I've only played puzzle, and some of them can be challenging to figure out. This is the type of game I can see myself playing a few rounds of every night - and with the various modes, it's something I can hopefully come back to from time to time.

The puzzle genre is something I enjoy, but it seems everything is overshadowed by Popcap (which I like too). Any other recommendations? I already have Yosumin (which I originally imported for the DS), and I recommend that too.

jshackles

I downloaded it again, but made the steam pages in the client and the browser load really slow. I'll maybe test it again an other day to see why the proxy is slow for me.
Not a big deal as I am rocking ES v1.3 on Opera 12.17 :)
I do not know what I am missing (ignorance is bliss) using the old ES version as newer versions will not work on Opera 12. And NO! I will not upgrade or use another browser as my main browser!

Thanks for the report. Increasing the proxy speed is something I'm working on in a future release.

The puzzle genre is something I enjoy, but it seems everything is overshadowed by Popcap (which I like too). Any other recommendations?

Here are some of the puzzle games I've played recently on Steam and a short blurb of recommendation:

Season Match - This is a cross between Collapse and Jewel Quest. It gets pretty repetitive after a while but I really enjoyed it. Includes Steam Trading Cards and achievements, which is a nice bonus.

The Treasures of Montezuma 4 - A "match 3" game with a slight twist in that you can unlock and level up various Totem Powers which can give you an advantage on the board. Also with trading cards and achievements!

PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords - This game is insanely good if you haven't already played it. Skip the sequel, Galatrix, and the Marvel version (unless you enjoy microtransactions!) this is probably the best puzzle/RPG hybrid that's ever been made.

Jewel Quest Pack - I mentioned Jewel Quest earlier because it's also great. The "Jewel Quest Pack" on Steam actually includes 4 games (+4!): Jewel Quest 1, 2, 3, and Mysteries. Somewhat old but still fantastic games.

Also be sure and brace yourself - a lot of people here are going to recommend HuniePop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom