• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Nights of Azure is... bizarre.

I was extremely annoyed at first since the game launcher doesn't let you select a resolution higher than 1080p, but then...

registryenske.png

....Sooo... I need to go into the registry to edit the resoltuion?

put their name up and details so people know not to deal with them

I've only ever dealt with 1 person on there a few times and have never had any issues

He was impersonating another user, had the same avatar, name, and linked to their rep page. There were many red flags and I was super uncomfortable but I idiotically went through with the trade. Of course as soon as he claimed the keys he blocked me and set his profile to private. I found his real Steamtrade account and sure enough it has negative feedback. Seems like he is still scamming: https://www.steamtrades.com/user/76561198045831532

Tektonic

So I'm not at my PC, but the humble Namco is all repeats from last time? At least the cheapy tiers?

Also: praise to the creator of that script that blocks threads by title. No more switch/Trump clogging up my screen...

That feeling when you kill a raider and then notice they are really hot.

I screwed up my Fallout 4 game and have to start over. I got to get some evil out of the way before I meet some of the good companions. Such is life.

Shengar

Another case of weird-ass port of KT. But I guess if it can changed from the registry and it's playable at 60fps, then they perhaps can patch it to support resolution above 1080p.

So I'm not at my PC, but the humble Namco is all repeats from last time? At least the cheapy tiers?

Also: praise to the creator of that script that blocks threads by title. No more switch/Trump clogging up my screen...

No, just Enslaved and Ace Combat are repeats from the last Namco bundle and Project Cars is a repeat from a Humble Monthly bundle.

zkylon

zkylewd
Didn't a lot of Troika go onto form Obsidian anyway? Or is my history a little off?

history is a little off

ex black isle members founded both troika and obsidian, with some ex troika members later joining obsidian also after troika went down

all of these developers made great games

gabbo

history is a little off

ex black isle members founded both troika and obsidian, with some ex troika members later joining obsidian also after troika went down

all of these developers made great games

Ah. thank you for the correction.

Shengar

I don't feel much confidence on Obsidian after Avellone left the team tbh. His philosophy and outlook is the antithesis of Josh Sawyer, and dialectic between the two kept their ideals in check and in turn makes their games more interesting (the stark contrast between Fallout New Vegas and its subsequent DLCs being the prime example). It shame really since the two really complement each other to makes great RPGs (Sawyer with his worldbuilding and Avellone with his character), and now they have split apart.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't feel much confidence on Obsidian after Avellone left the team tbh. His philosophy and outlook is the antithesis of Josh Sawyer, and dialectic between the two kept their ideals in check and in turn makes their games more interesting (the stark contrast between Fallout New Vegas and its subsequent DLCs being the prime example). It shame really since the two really complement each other to makes great RPGs (Sawyer with his worldbuilding and Avellone with his character), and now they have split apart.

idk, mca is obviously a fantastic writer and storyteller but he didn't write everything in obsidian games

i would rather he was still working there for sure but i believe they'll pull ahead without him

I actually really enjoyed Sonic 06 so I'd love it

I'll say this, Sonic 06 is the best drinking game ever made. The rules and permutations are endless, and it's a fun game to watch.

idk, mca is obviously a fantastic writer and storyteller but he didn't write everything in obsidian games

i would rather he was still working there for sure but i believe they'll pull ahead without him

I agree with this. There's definitely a narrative direction, but let's not forget the writing team.

Arulan

Chris Avellone is an excellent designer and writer, but even without him, I still feel Obsidian is more likely to produce games I'm interested in that most other developers out there.

What's the best way to quick-sell my Steam cards on Firefox?

Steam Database works, but the quick-sell doesn't. And Firefox prevents Enhanced Steam from installing.

Battlechili

Banned
Nights of Azure is... bizarre.

I was extremely annoyed at first since the game launcher doesn't let you select a resolution higher than 1080p, but then...

registryenske.png
I hope you're telling KT in advance any issues you have with Sophie/Azure so they can fix it. Save the game before release

I think this is the first time The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass has been on sale at a reasonable price compared to the GotY edition.

So I finally picked that up. When I'll get to it, who knows.

Also bought Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander the other day (on sale), which I guess just had a pretty big update? Looks cool enough. I'll try it out this weekend probably.

February, nice, can't wait for the new Yoshi game on 3DS that comes out this week.
Also hope the new humble monthly has nice games.

Anteater

Enjoying TiTS so far, but man I've been procrastinating I have a lot of work piled up, I don't think I could finish it before Atelier

I'm also kind of broke lmao

Resolution set in the registry? Why would they do this???

I dunno, I feel like Obsidian is one of the few developers to really get how to implement story, choice, and dialog (e.g. roleplaying) in games for a looong time now; and this makes me think it isn't just one person, but everyone there that is encouraging it. Like, as unfortunate as Avellone leaving is, I figure they'll be OK--Tyranny is proof of this.

...I still think Avellone is wasted on Prey.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
feels like im the lst person on earth still playing at 1080p around here lol. Or its just another case of silent majority syndrome.

is Azure 60fps at least?

feels like im the lst person on earth still playing at 1080p around here lol. Or its just another case of silent majority syndrome.

is Azure 60fps at least?

Steam hardware survey says otherwise. 1080p is still the majority with 720p (768p) on the close 2nd.

Battlechili

Banned

is Azure 60fps at least?
I'm 1080p too. If I had any higher resolution I might need to seriously consider a better graphics card.

Wallach

Might be a dumb question but I don't see any controls for this in the Steam settings:

When I turn off my Elite controller (hold down Guide button for ~10 seconds) it seems to maximize the Steam window from the taskbar. How do I stop it from doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom