• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Might be a dumb question but I don't see any controls for this in the Steam settings:

When I turn off my Elite controller (hold down Guide button for ~10 seconds) it seems to maximize the Steam window from the taskbar. How do I stop it from doing this?

Try "Controller Settings" in Big Picture Mode. There's an option to disable the guide button from focusing Steam. I think that should do the trick.

Wallach

Try "Controller Settings" in Big Picture Mode. There's an option to disable the guide button from focusing Steam. I think that should do the trick.

Yeah that was the only thing I found but it doesn't seem to control this, I guess since it is the regular Steam interface and not within BPM.

Edit - Oh, no wait I guess it just didn't save the first time for some reason. Second times a charm I guess!

Tellaerin

I enjoyed this one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tellaerin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enslaved: Odyssey To the West Premium Edition -- MB-57B5AFDB8AC6A0A7 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.

t1485933773z1.png

Tizoc

feels like im the lst person on earth still playing at 1080p around here lol. Or its just another case of silent majority syndrome.

is Azure 60fps at least?
I play in 1080p tho mainly because its my lappy's highest resolution :p

Durante

What's the 60,87 numbers for?
I assume that 60 is the refresh rate. I just kept those numbers the same from what the launcher wrote there.

Resolution set in the registry? Why would they do this???
No, you set the resolution in the launcher, and it's written to the registry. So far, that's standard operating procedure.

The fun part is that the launcher doesn't let you set resolutions higher than 1920x1080, but you can simply write them into the registry and the game uses them.

Nights of Azure isn't worth the headache of hacking/patching. Just be glad the other game looks half decent port wise.
I didn't expect much from it, and it does seem like a rather basic ARPG/Mousou mashup, but it actually feels quite good to play.

is Azure 60fps at least?
Yes, very smooth.

Shengar

As if telling KT would change anything :)

Asia is their primary region for their growing market, and it's a goddamned big on PC. This kinda explain their insistence on keep releasing the game on PC despite severely underperforming on it compared to other (and also smaller) publisher. They can't run on bad or weird port anymore if they want to gain success on Asia PC market.

Cels

i just finished my steam awards foil badge, first foil badge ever. decided that after i got 3 drops i might as well just buy the other 6 cards off the market, might have saved a few cents if i had waited a bit longer but it's just a few cents

Nuclear Throne is really tough. It expects arcade shooter proficiency at risk of death. But it feels so good.

If there's ever a study on "gamefeel" I think Nuclear Throne will be one of the highlights. It's really hard to describe in any coherent way, but everything you do in it just feels right. It's really good at drawing you back in--like, you just want to play more, y'know?
No, you set the resolution in the launcher, and it's written to the registry. So far, that's standard operating procedure.

The fun part is that the launcher doesn't let you set resolutions higher than 1920x1080, but you can simply write them into the registry and the game uses them.

Less weird, still weird though.

It just seems so bizarre when there's much older games that have much better scaling, effectively futureproofing them. In this age of 4k and downsampling, it's kind of crazy that they aren't thinking ahead more.

Although in this, the age of Games as a Service, we'll probably need to rebuy them for one reason or another anyways.

Nuclear Throne is really tough. It expects arcade shooter proficiency at risk of death. But it feels so good.

If there's ever a study on "gamefeel" I think Nuclear Throne will be one of the highlights. It's really hard to describe in any coherent way, but everything you do in it just feels right. It's really good at drawing you back in--like, you just want to play more, y'know?

I'm pretty terrible at it, I think I've only managed to beat the first boss, don't think I've even seen the second.

Tizoc

Forgot about SEGA PC Projects, what is the next Capcom PC port? DmC 2013 DE? DMC Trilogy on Steam with Steam Workshop support?

wbacon pls, at least tease what the next release is.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm pretty terrible at it, I think I've only managed to beat the first boss, don't think I've even seen the second.

I have the same issue with Enter the Gungeon, I can occasionally beat the first boss but then struggle after that. I went through the same thing with Isaac but the huge pool of items kept me coming back until I started improving.

First boss is pretty tame if you've got a clear area to fight, second boss is downright savage, a veritable bullet hell affair, and the third boss is straight-up lunacy that I still have no idea how to tackle. All of them are different kinds of deadly. And 2/3rds of the time I don't get past the second boss, which has stifled my ability to progress.

For myself, my core issue right now is that I don't have a good system for deciding a mutation path, equipment, or a character yet. Like, I really enjoy the samurai chicken but every time I've used him I've had a really dumb, avoidable death because I clipped an enemy, got exploded, or got trapped in a hail of bullets. (It's like that for most runs, really.)

In terms of motivation, there's just enough unlockables and guidance to give you a sense of progress between runs. It's rare that you walk away from one having learned nothing, even if it ends early on. There's some cool secrets and lessons to be learned.

Accoun

Nights of Azure is... bizarre.

I was extremely annoyed at first since the game launcher doesn't let you select a resolution higher than 1080p, but then...

registryenske.png

Non-16:9 resolutions?

Anyway, what do you guys use? I could use some recommendations. Ideally nothing too pricy. And definitely not Razer...
I'm using Logitech g402 myself and I'm rather satisfied with that, but it's probably the first quality mouse I've been using in years, so I have no point of comparison. Today I would probably get a g403, if only because it looks less like a goddamn spaceship.

You also might want to check out RocketJumpNinja. His reviews seem to be OK.

Anteater

Tabata: ”I'd like to release the game on PC as a technical attempt. I want to show PC users Final Fantasy XV running on high-end machines, and we personally would like to see it, too. Also, I would like to try developing on PC to pursue a unique way of playing with PC-exclusive features like making your own quests and enjoying the world using things like mods."

do it

Forgot about SEGA PC Projects, what is the next Capcom PC port? DmC 2013 DE? DMC Trilogy on Steam with Steam Workshop support?

wbacon pls, at least tease what the next release is.

I guess they're still waiting til MvC3 gets released first, I don't think they have any releases in July, so maybe that's when we'll get the next pc port?

gngf123

Welp, I knew I would have to replace my Deathadder eventually since it's been acting up for a while, but guess I can't delay replacing it any longer. Left button decided to stop working out of nowhere. Best part? It died the very second I entered a boss fight in RE7, so I died. This was on madhouse mode (no checkpoints) and right after I figured "I haven't saved in a while but this fight shouldn't be too hard" so I lost a good half hour of progress. :mad:

Anyway, what do you guys use? I could use some recommendations. Ideally nothing too pricy. And definitely not Razer...

Just make sure to get something with a flawless sensor that is comfortable for the grip you like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

This list is out of date, but still a good starting point. The G402 sensor is fine, but I personally found it extremely uncomfortable. Had to return mine in the end.

Mionix, Zowie, and the other Logitechs should all be good.

Arminsc

Welp, I knew I would have to replace my Deathadder eventually since it's been acting up for a while, but guess I can't delay replacing it any longer. Left button decided to stop working out of nowhere. Best part? It died the very second I entered a boss fight in RE7, so I died. This was on madhouse mode (no checkpoints) and right after I figured "I haven't saved in a while but this fight shouldn't be too hard" so I lost a good half hour of progress. :mad:

I've been using a Steelseries Rival 100 for a few months now and I'm quite happy with it, got it for around 35€. It has nothing special but works fine and is very confortable to use!

gngf123

feels like im the lst person on earth still playing at 1080p around here lol. Or its just another case of silent majority syndrome.

is Azure 60fps at least?

1080p is actually the most commonly used resolution, but higher resolutions are still important for future-proofing.

At some point in the future, the majority of people are going to be using higher than 1080p resolutions. At which point games that don't support it will look like ass.

Mivey

They simply used a launcher from one of their shitty ports that was capped at 1080p and didn't bother to change a single line of code. That's optimally lazy.

Hoping we get news on those Sega PC ports this month.
I'm sure we will get the next sonic game. :\

Superhot is fantastic!

I wanted to love that game more. Wish the area's and options were bigger and more varied. Oh well, maybe there will be a sequel.

idk, another fallout by obsidian is something that i think about a lot

There are parts of Fallout NV that are great. There are just too many issues with the game. Maybe if they just wrote the story and the dialog with an editor would pare down the pop culture, and someone else developed the game with that story, then I'd be all for it. There is a huge discrepancy between the quality of Obsidian's writing and their game design.

What about an Obsidian Vampire: The Masquerade?

From the Louisiana field guides tweeted by Josh Sawyer, my educated guess is their unannounced White Wolf IP RPG is based on Vampire: The Requiem and that is set in Louisiana.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/158846248X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Superhot is fantastic!

It's pretty great. Really interesting concept executed in a great way. Would love to try the VR version someday.

So this is totally a phishing scam, right? The non-specific wording, the typos and grammar mistakes, the urgency, etc.

My girlfriend stopped me this morning to check out an email from Paypal she'd received about a payment she'd made she didn't remember, wondering if it was a phishing attempt. I did all the checks - doesn't say her full name in the email, email address it's been sent from isn't a paypal.com address, links go to another site - then asked her if she had a Paypal account.

"No."

Kudo

you should get in contact with PayPal and tell them about the scam...they'll probably have you forward that email to them so they can look into it

This. I think Paypal has some email address where you can forward them all scam and phishing emails.

JakeD

are there regions where the top humble tier is an actual discount? or are they essentially using it as free advertising for their upcoming game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom