• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Greenlight: Third Set of Games Revealed (Waking Mars, Primordia, and more)

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I know this was posted in the Steam thread, but figured it should have its own thread as well. If a mod disagrees, feel free to delete this.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/9478/

50 Titles Receive Greenlight Since Launch

November 30, 2012 - Valve today revealed the third set of games and first set of Software titles to advance through Steam Greenlight and be offered worldwide distribution via the popular platform for games and software.

The latest collection of games and first set of Software titles to advance through Greenlight were selected for having either the highest number of positive votes or on an incredible upward trajectory since being added to Greenlight.

With these titles, 13 games and six Software titles (see full list below), a total of 50 titles have advanced through Steam Greenlight and been offered Steam distribution agreements since Greenlight launched in August.

"In just three months, the community has helped us identify 50 new titles for us to offer via Steam," said Alden Kroll of Valve. "With the help of Greenlight, the indie games market share of games sold on Steam has increased by 50 percent for a third consecutive year. That's a stat we are proud of, but one we also hope to increase as we learn more about Greenlight and continue to refine it in the new year."

Steam Greenlight is a new platform feature that enlists the community's help in selecting some of the next games to be released on Steam. Launched on August 30, Greenlight allows developers and publishers to post information and media about their game in an effort to convince Community members that their game should be released on Steam.

For more information on Steam Greenlight and to vote for new games, please visit www.steamcommunity.com/greenlight

New Steam Greenlight Games
Blackspace
Darkfall Unholy Wars
Dawn of Fantasy
Dragon's Lair
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Gear Up
Kinetic Void - Space Adventure
The Light
No Time To Explain
Primordia
Sang-Froid : Tales of Werewolves
StarForge
Waking Mars

First Steam Greenlight Software Titles
Action! Screen Recorder
Bandicam: Game Recorder
Construct 2
Display Fusion
HitFilm 2
You Need A Budget 4

wrowa

Nice to see Primordia being accepted so quickly (even though it shouldn't have to go through this process to begin with).

Shame that La-Maluna and Mutant Mudds are still nowhere to be seen, though. About 10 games a month is just not enough. Smaller indie games need to be given a chance to shine too. :(

BiggNife

It confuses me how something like "Euro Truck Simulator 2" gets greenlit but The Pinball Arcade doesn't

Is pinball really more niche than a truck driving simulator?

atomsk

Party Pooper
It's insane they needed to put Dragon's Lair through the greenlight process

I thought it was a given it should exist on every platform known to man in perpetuity

jackal27

Banned
Wow. I didn't vote for any of these and I'm really picky about my votes. Some of these look pretty, but whether they're good games remains to be seen.

Orayn

A friend of mine knows the Kinectic Void devs, so I'm glad to see that one make it. The next most interesting to me is probably StarForge, just 'cause I'm a sucker for all things procedurally generated and vast.

Same could be said about JRPG, Racing games and any type of games really.

I've seen dozen and dozen of tower defense games on smartphones and in PC, way more than any of those 2 genres you mentioned. And basically we got 3 of those in this batch alone...how many racers and JRPG got greenlighted?

Rubius

REALLY!? Please point out these JRPGs to me, because I would love to play them if they actually existed.

I was speaking in General. Not in Greenlight. We did not have a lot of Tower Defense games on Steam, so yeah, the public have spoken.

Also, Legend of Grindea was greenlighted. Maybe more a KRPG than a JRPG but still.

epmode

Hooray @ Primordia

Should have been there from the beginning, though.

I'm also glad about Blackspace, StarForge, Kinetic Void and Waking Mars! The others I don't recognize right off the bat.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
These 2 softwares are to record gaming footage.

....can you launch 2 diferent "games" at the same time on Steam ?

You can launch multiple games, but Steam will only show you in the first (as well as only track your time of use for the first game).

Top Bottom