• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2016: My Underlooked Horror Games Can't Possibly Be This Cheap

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Eusis

Neat, God Eaters is part of this sale. Very tempted to splurge there, but probably should wait until the tail end of the sale to make sure nothing pops up.

Super Macho Man

Neo Member
Now seems like a good time to finally bite on Salt and Sanctuary. $12.05 is solid price, and the last time it was on sale I missed out on it.

L Thammy

Guilty Gear Xrd appears to be an underlooked horror game as well.

What are the chances of it running decently on a laptop? I've recently been playing Xenoverse, which runs surprisingly well.

Nheco

giphy.gif

Sales is up for 30 minutes and I already bought 8 games. Gabe stap

Tizoc

Castlevania series are on sale, the ports are good and they're decent Action Adventure games. They do have their flaws though
LoS 1 is TOO much of a GoW clone namely the camera is fixed. There's also the QTEs and that you can't tell when an enemy is doing a normal attack or an unblockable attack.
If you still plan on getting it, play it on Easy since on Normal some enemies take a lot of this to be killed.

LoS has improvements such as no QTE option but has terrible Stealth sections.

(Reserving this post)

And should be good for anyone to post now, but there are some massive updates, I posted it early but right now price checking against so this post is about to see some major updates every few minutes in the next hour or two.

PM a mod to move up your reserved posts :)

Spinky

Nabbed Silent Hill: Homecoming for £3.59.

If it sucks ass, I'll just get a refund.

EDIT: This was a mistake.

Last Door is amazing, grab it while the grabbing' good. It's genuinely scary at times and has some of the best sound design I've seen recently. The puzzles are even sane!

the forest looks great and is $12

right now im eyeing half life 2 and stalker shadow of chernobyl but only the latter is on sale, even though HL2 is only $10.. was hoping it'd come down more

Shengar

How does Stasis presents it horror element? I'm kinda interested, but since I'm not particularly fond of horror.

Bought Oxenfree.

Also Space Beast Terror Fright seems cool, especially need a game to play with friends for Halloween. Is it actually good?

Also why is Zombi so mixed? Is it a bad port? 5 dollars seems like a good price for it.

BigAT

the forest looks great and is $12

right now im eyeing half life 2 and stalker shadow of chernobyl but only the latter is on sale, even though HL2 is only $10.. was hoping it'd come down more

Is The Forest out of early access yet? Feel like I've been waiting on it for a while now.

Mupod

Everyone please buy SOMA

i'll be shilling this game until the day i die

I have a complicated relationship with Frictional's games. I love the idea of scary atmospheric puzzle/adventure horror games. But there is nothing in the entirety of video games that turns me off faster than constantly running away from invincible enemies. I've heard SOMA is a bit lighter on that kind of thing which has me interested but I'm still kinda wary.

Top Bottom