• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

I'm guessing now that EDF 4.1 is out on PS4, it'll be popping up on Steam sometime within the next couple of months? That's what happened with Dragon Quest, right? I'm honestly really itching to play it. Hopefully it does happen, and it happens soon.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
HL2 was mediocre even way back in 2004.
4pexlfx.gif

Now this is not even funny.

Can't wait for Danganronpa. Never played them and wanted to play 3 on the PS4. Now I can play 1 and 2 as well. Was expecting 1 and 2 to come to PS4 but this is fine as well.

Can't wait for Danganronpa. Never played them and wanted to play 3 on the PS4. Now I can play 1 and 2 as well. Was expecting 1 and 2 to come to PS4 but this is fine as well.

Same here,I haven't played one yet.But I've heard great things,so looking forward to giving them a go

Arjac

HL3...yes.
This means the eventual PS4 version. The Witcher 3 sales showed consoles cant be ignored.
there was a window for this game to be a possibility, that window has long passed

aside from the fact that it would require drawing massive resources away from things that are essentially free money right now... frankly part of me feels like Valve, as it exists today, would not be able to pull off L4D3 or Portal 3, much less Half Life 3
even if they had a good reason to try

there was a window for this game to be a possibility, that window has long passed

aside from the fact that it would require drawing massive resources away from things that are essentially free money right now... frankly part of me feels like Valve, as it exists today, would not be able to pull off L4D3 or Portal 3, much less Half Life 3

image.php

prudislav

Anybody check if Red Dead Redemption is on there?
Why do I torture myself like this.
Rockstar uses codenames on steam pre-release - iirc , GTA 5 was Shetland Pony (the rest was before steamdb even existed)
Eugh FFXHD just get announced and on Steam already.

I want to buy you (if you are a decent port). Again.
this might take a while - with DQH, FF6 and LR-FF13 releasing one week after each other

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any info on dates for danganronpa 1/2? Have both on vita but would love to play on my laptop instead (still back logged on vita so not played)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rockstar uses codenames on steam pre-release - iirc , GTA 5 was Shetland Pony (the rest was before steamdb even existed)

Yeah. I was hoping the original store sub would be used for pre-orders and remain unchanged so I could say I bought a pony. :(

this might take a while - with DQH, FF6 and LR-FF13 releasing one week after each other

Oh I can wait...a bit :p I just want confirmation + a store page.

Danganronpa would be cool but I just bought Clannad so I'm not really in a hurry for a visual novel type experience, and I've played the first one on Vita.

prudislav

looking forward to Everybody's gone to the Rapture, not much interest in most of the jrpgs.
not sure about this one ... the game was originally supposed to release on PC , before Sony snatched it and they cancelled the PC version.
So this entry might be the abandoned one prior to the Sony's involvement in the project

I'll buy danganronpa. All i know is gaf loves the shit out of them. No clue what they're about. Don't even know what genre games they are. Puzzle? Action? Racing? Fighting? Rpg? Dating sim? Lol. No clue. Going in 100% completely blind and I'm looking forward to that.

Koobion

This is the first one not tied to a dying platform.

Vita will never die. Vita means life, damnit. Really, that's a bit of a grim statement, and not constructive in the least. People still play old consoles. No need to be so negative.

Very excited to see all these great JRPGs coming to PC. It's a genre that I've always gone to consoles to get my fix of.

wazoo

Really, that's a bit of a grim statement, and not constructive in the least. People still play old consoles. No need to be so negative.

Console are by definition short term (5 years approx) lived platforms. This is nothing against Vita itself. The fact that some people play old consoles do not mean those platforms are supported anymore.

Everyone's Gone to the Rapture should look grand, stopped playing the PS4 version because it runs at like 20 FPS most of the time. Gross.

Cryengine is too good for this world ;-;

You are not he first person to attempt this line of reasoning with a straight face. But it still remains utterly ridiculous. I mean, at least think about it a little bit.

Hektor

Vita will never die. Vita means life, damnit. Really, that's a bit of a grim statement, and not constructive in the least. People still play old consoles. No need to be so negative.

Very excited to see all these great JRPGs coming to PC. It's a genre that I've always gone to consoles to get my fix of.

But do people still produce those consoles? Do they still press games for them? Do they still get support security updates? Do they still allow you to purchase games through their digital storefront? And if so, will they do it still in 10 years? 30?

Consoles are the very definition of dying platforms as the moment they are released they're already destined to be replaced by something new later down the line. That's the big downside of generational concepts. All consoles become obsolet at some point and with that all games on them go into the trash unless they're temporarily saved with BC, a remaster or permanently through a PCport/Emulation.

Koobion

Console are by definition short term (5 years approx) lived platforms. This is nothing against Vita itself. The fact that some people play old consoles do not mean those platforms are supported anymore.

I just don't think it's fair to say that they're dying platforms, in your context. People can still play FFX on every machine it was released on. So what was the point of that comment? You pointed out that the PC release is the only version that won't be on a "dying" platform. That just sounds like a cheap attack at consoles, for no reason.

But do people still produce those consoles? Do they still press games for them? Do they still get support security updates? Do they still allow you to purchase games through their digital storefront? And if so, will they do it still in 10 years? 30?

Consoles are the very definition of dying platforms as the moment they are released they're already destined to be replaced by something new later down the line. That's the big downside of generational concepts. All consoles become obsolet at some point and with that all games on them go into the trash unless they're temporarily serverd with BC, a remaster or permanently through a PCport/Emulation.

All very true. I'm in total agreement with that fact. I was merely questioning why he was stating that; it just came off as a master racey statement :)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Gears of war isnt on there. So highly likely what everyone thought the xbox store only.

wazoo

All very true. I'm in total agreement with that fact. I was merely questioning why he was stating that; it just came off as a master racey statement :)

This is not a master race comment. I just spent last night on Xenoblade X on my WiiU.

My comment is a "preservation" comment, which is something I am very much attached. Every time a game is exclusive to a console platform, its long term sustainability is in danger. On PC, you can play games for 30 years and except a few exceptions, everything is still playable because the hardware platforms are still supported.

If all ps3 console dye today, a few games will be lost forever (like Red Dead) unless emulation or remaster.

Heartfyre

Consoles are the very definition of dying platforms as the moment they are released they're already destined to be replaced by something new later down the line. That's the big downside of generational concepts. All consoles become obsolet at some point and with that all games on them go into the trash unless they're temporarily saved with BC, a remaster or permanently through a PCport/Emulation.

By that logic, and considering the general impermanence of all things, PCs are a dying gaming platform too. There will come a time when PC games are no longer made or supported, even if it's during the heat-death of the universe.

By that logic, and considering the general impermanence of all things, PCs are a dying gaming platform too. There will come a time when PC games are no longer made or supported, even if it's during the heat-death of the universe.

Oh come on. That makes no sense seriously. You're talking about a potential scenario against a scenario which repeats every generation.

wazoo

So, right. Maybe, we can restrain the list of platforms to those that will still be alive up to the end of our lifetime.

Hektor

Sure, if Putin punches a wall so hard that it rips a timehole into the known universe, creating a blackhole that eats up existence itself creating only nothingness and void, pc games die too.

But we are talking normal circumstances here, lol.

Heartfyre

Sure, if Putin punches a wall so hard that it rips a timehole into the known universe, creating a blackhole that eats up existence itself creating only nothingness and void, pc games die too.

But we are talking normal circumstances here, lol.

I'm of course joking a bit. Regardless, just because a platform is not supported doesn't mean the games go away. And just because something exists on PC doesn't mean it's playable forever. For example, before GOG rereleased Toonstruck, there was no way of getting it to play on XP or higher reliably. There were some workarounds, but seemingly no one cared enough about the game to publicly release a fan patch. I remember one other game I tried to play wouldn't install because I didn't have 8MB of virtual memory, despite having GBs of the actual stuff. PCs have a generational cycle too, through operating systems, and not everything that worked on the old systems transfers smoothly to the new setups. Windows 3.1 gaming is dead, and Windows 10 gaming will die too.

wazoo

I For example, before GOG rereleased Toonstruck, there was no way of getting it to play on XP or higher reliably. There were some workarounds, but seemingly no one cared enough about the game to publicly release a fan patch.

That is not true. The only thing they did is drop the files of the game in a directory and run dosbox. You can make it run in 5 minutes. This is how I am running it. Gog has some merits for a few W95 games, but as far as we speak about dos games, they are just running the games in dosbox (launch dosbox and install the game like you would on a old PC without even the configurations and IRQ headhaches).

I remember one other game I tried to play wouldn't install because I didn't have 8MB of virtual memory, despite having GBs of the actual stuff.

Looking at your comments, it is clear, you did not check - which is fine - how software preservation works on PC. It does not mean you can run any old game by just putting the disk in the drive, it means that there is a solution available, with more or less problems (zero effort in Toonstruck case).

Compared to your Toonstruck comments, there is no way I can make any old console game run on new generation consoles because of their closed form ecosystem.

ArjanN

I'm of course joking a bit. Regardless, just because a platform is not supported doesn't mean the games go away. And just because something exists on PC doesn't mean it's playable forever. For example, before GOG rereleased Toonstruck, there was no way of getting it to play on XP or higher reliably. There were some workarounds, but seemingly no one cared enough about the game to publicly release a fan patch. I remember one other game I tried to play wouldn't install because I didn't have 8MB of virtual memory, despite having GBs of the actual stuff. PCs have a generational cycle too, through operating systems, and not everything that worked on the old systems transfers smoothly to the new setups. Windows 3.1 gaming is dead, and Windows 10 gaming will die too.

The original 'dying systems' remark was obviously kinda snarky, but there's still worlds of difference between PC and consoles in that regard.

There's almost nothing you can't get to work on PC with some effort. On consoles the cutoff part for support and accessiblity of games is way harsher.

Top Bottom