• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

Battlechili

Banned
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
HALF-LIFE 3
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Funnily enough Half-Life 3 was one of the less interesting parts of the list for me. Playing Half-Life and its sequel, I never really saw what made people so excited about them. The physics is certainly cool and the story is decent and the level design is really fantastic, but overall it didn't really grab me or seem all that unique. Like, there are a lot of really solid FPS games out there with a lot of those traits. Bioshock being one of the more major ones that comes to mind.
If they ever get over the music deal that prevents digital releases, I assume so. I'd say it will be very likely if 2.9 or whatever it's called includes 1.5 and 2.5.
I see this mentioned all the time, but is there any source on this? And I thought that only applied to Utada's work, not the whole soundtracks.

Funnily enough Half-Life 3 was one of the less interesting parts of the list for me. Playing Half-Life and its sequel, I never really saw what made people so excited about them. The physics is certainly cool and the story is decent and the level design is really fantastic, but overall it didn't really grab me or seem all that unique. Like, there are a lot of really solid FPS games out there with a lot of those traits. Bioshock being one of the more major ones that comes to mind.

That's cause Half Life 2 was a major influence on all those later games. Its the "Seinfeld isn't funny" thing.

Arthea

was there any reaction from Spike Chunsoft after this leak?

I really would like to know when we are getting Danganronpa

ezodagrom

HL2 Ep2 ended in a cliffhanger, I think that's the main reason why HL3 is wanted alot, the series could really use some closure.

ArjanN

HL2 Ep2 ended in a cliffhanger, I think that's the main reason why HL3 is wanted alot, the series could really use some closure.

Yeah, but also because Half-life 1 and 2 are some the best games of all time. Yeah, there's been tons of other really solid FPS games but a) most of them were clearly taking cues from Half-Life to begin with and b) almost none of them are as good an overall package.

If Square puts FFX on Steam before my Winter break is over I will be ecstatic. I bought it on PS4 last year but never bothered finishing X-2, as I assumed it would be coming to PC anyway.

Square is getting so close to having the whole series on Steam, and that is fantastic.

Only IX and XII left, and Steam will be the ultimate Final Fantasy platform. Well, at this point it's already is, no other platform have as complete FF collection as Steam.

FFXII HD will be announced anytime soon, and Steam version will surely follow. Not sure about IX though, what SE have in mind about the masterpiece. Re-release, remaster, or remake.

Only IX and XII left, and Steam will be the ultimate Final Fantasy platform. Well, at this point it's already is, no other platform have as complete FF collection as Steam.

1,2 are missing.

I think on Vita you can play 1-10 which is pretty good, but some of those versions are not great.

1,2 are missing.

I think on Vita you can play 1-10 which is pretty good, but some of those versions are not great.

I see. Most classic titles are region blocked for me (even the new VI), so I had no idea.
At least I $ II are also available on mobiles. It'll be save to say that they're already preserved for the future.

Enthus

FFXII HD will be announced anytime soon, and Steam version will surely follow. Not sure about IX though, what SE have in mind about the masterpiece. Re-release, remaster, or remake.

I imagine IX will eventually get a port for iOS. Square can't pass up on that sweet Japanese mobile money. However they do it, I'm sure that's what Steam will end up getting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sees topic title.

Ctrl F for Half-Life 3

One instance found.

:O

I think HL3 should be removed, really. It's exceedingly unlikely to be real as no other Valve games leaked (L4D3 is much further along and yet nothing, for example) and the app is far too recent for a Steamworks game that's been in on-and-off development since at least 2006 and thus will presumably occupy its own space in the 0-899 range Valve seemingly reserved for itself. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve actually develops games using a completely separate branch of Steam precisely to protect itself against situations like this.

wazoo

FFXII will be remade for ps4 before coming to Steam, so it is not close at all.

FFIX, there is no PC version unlike 7 and 8, the sources are probably lost, a remake is the only way, remake that could cost more than 7 to be produced. Notice, we do not get 3-6 ports, but ports of the mobile version.

Depending on 7R success, I expect 8 to be remade, then 9, in 10 years time.

Probably, ports of 1-2 are coming, it is even more surprising, they are not here already.

krang

Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
HALF-LIFE 3
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.

You're probably going to catch a lot of heat for that - but this is totally how I feel about that list.

6HCyQ6D.jpg

Okay fixed the list

Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.

Pachimari

I hope Square Enix announces Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered for PC within the year, so that I feel safe selling off my PS4 version.

erragal

Okay fixed the list

Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.
Some japanese crap.

Phantom Brave is one of the most innovative sorrowful, endearing games ever. A delicate treatment of genuine heartbreak resulting in a timeless story. Spectacular English voice acting cements the mix and none of the feels are lost in translation. Purely from a literature perspective (ie: exploring the human condition) it is a superior artistic achievement to Half-life 2.

I know you think you're being 'hot shit edgy broman swagger beard' with this but all you've done is display pride in close-minded xenophobia. Congrats?

Phantom Brave is one of the most innovative sorrowful, endearing games ever. A delicate treatment of genuine heartbreak resulting in a timeless story. Spectacular English voice acting cements the mix and none of the feels are lost in translation.

I know you think you're being 'hot shit edgy broman swagger beard' with this but all you've done is display pride in close-minded xenophobia. Congrats?

It was a joke based off of someone else's post. Context.

erragal

It was a joke based off of someone else's post. Context.

Reasonable in a two page thread, irrational expectation with thirty pages. It's presented as his point of view so I responded as such.

Easy fix though: just apply what I said to whomever made the original garbage post. No conflict necessary!

Ascheroth

Reasonable in a two page thread, irrational expectation with thirty pages. It's presented as his point of view so I responded as such.

Easy fix though: just apply what I said to whomever made the original garbage post. No conflict necessary!

The post he referenced was quoted just 4 posts above him and another time near the top of the page. I don't think that counts as irrational expectation.

-----
On topic:
What a time to be alive. I can already see my wallet bleeding.

neoemonk

All of these exclusives going multiplatform really bothers me for some reason. I have knots in my stomach just thinking about it.

I'll smash my PS4 with a sledgehammer and take a picture and send it to Shuhei Yoshida if FF X Remaster comes to PC!

AND NO ONE CAN TAKE BLOODBORNE FROM ME

Joey Ravn

Banned
HL3...yes.

This means the eventual PS4 version. The Witcher 3 sales showed consoles cant be ignored.

This type of posts would be extremely frowned upon if this was a PS4-centric thread and someone was port-begging a game for the PC. But we know how we roll here...

Top Bottom