• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

This is the general Steam thread right? Title confused me for a bit..

Starting to use my PC a lot more now that I have upgraded parts, saw that "anime sale" going on and impulse bought these..

Hope I don't regret this.

attachment.php

Get ready to experience one of the most badass and kickass Action RPG games you've never played.
Start with Oath in Felghana, trust me on this.

Also obligatory
s2igs71.jpg

This is the general Steam thread right? Title confused me for a bit..

Starting to use my PC a lot more now that I have upgraded parts, saw that "anime sale" going on and impulse bought these..

Hope I don't regret this.

Worst purchases ever.
What were you thinking?

Ozium

don't start with origins, it echoes back to locations in 1 and 2

go 1, 2, oath then origins

note: I've only played the first one so far but I am a purist...

Corpekata

Banned
Oath is the best all around adventure (and probably game in the entire series). The games don't really require you to have played the other games. Origins is a good game too but the setup of the story (the tower, multiple heroes, all the same areas) makes it a better option if you like the series already, but not a good intro point.

Go Oath, Origin, and then 1 and 2 if you're curious. The latter two play quite differently and are a bit dated in some regardes.

Nabs

Yo. Ys 2 is really good. Looking at my list now, and only 3 others have played it! Sheeiit! A lot of people played 1 and just stopped there. Big mistake!

Hikami

I was actually curious about that, didn't know where to start and Google pretty much gives me the same answer.

Thanks guys, starting with Oath then. Think I'll try 1 and 2 before Origins though.

edit;
I would start with Ys I instead. It's dated like a 2D RPG could be, the bump system make the game very fast on easy. You'll veat it in six hours or so, probably.
Welp, now I'm not sure again. So many mixed answers

Deques

I played the games in chronological order :)
Orgins, 1 and 2. Haven't started to play Oath yet

Ozium

Yo. Ys 2 is really good. Looking at my list now, and only 3 others have played it! Sheeiit! A lot of people played 1 and just stopped there. Big mistake!

Don't worry, good sir. It is on my list of games to play for the 52 game challenge... :)

Nabs

Don't worry, good sir. It is on my list of games to play for the 52 game challenge... :)

Awesome!

It's really up to you. I'm glad I started with I and 2, but I understand that Ys 1 and 2 isn't for everyone. Just remember this: Each level is important. Real important. Bosses will seem impossible if you're slightly underleveled.

Knurek

In my defense, I've played the Ys Eternal fan translations few years ago. :)
Still wish to try the Steam versions (for cheevos and new music), maybe this year even.

Arthea

100 games were greenlit again, actually it's 127 in last several days.
Too many even to try to track. Weirdly enough Crescent Pale Mist is not one of them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
100 games were greenlit again, actually it's 127 in last several days.
Too many even to try to track. Weirdly enough Crescent Pale Mist is not one of them.

Sakura Angels is apparently in that list (not sure if that's old news or not), much to Turfster's and Chariot's delights, I'm sure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dwarf Tower -- MB-0E03C5F2E2FBAB5C - Taken by Darth Kupi

Hikami

It's really up to you. I'm glad I started with I and 2, but I understand that Ys 1 and 2 isn't for everyone. Just remember this: Each level is important. Real important. Bosses will seem impossible if you're slightly underleveled.

Playing through Ys I right now and it's good so far. I usually hate grinding levels in RPGs but with this kind of battle system, just mindlessly walking around and slashing mobs is pretty fun.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
plus historical player data for Forge F2P shows that it had trouble maintaining an active player base at all during non-promotional periods.

This sounds like Dirty Bomb when it was exclusive to the Nexon client. Great game when the population was around however; much better than TF2.

Arthea

Maybe it's time to greenlight everything that's in Steam Greenlight?

That doesn't seem to be possible, games are added to greenlight almost at the same rate they are greenlit. Not to mention that new additions aren't that hot and lately more of the concepts than games with something to show, but still, situation is dire! It's a bit scary to think what will happen when greenlight is shutdown, and every half baked or barely baked game will end up on steam, no? Then again, maybe it isn't, we are close to this situation already.

edited: talking about Ys, I'll still stand by my words that it's better to start with origins, or ys 1-2. I actually plan to do franchise run at some point with steam Ys games, will omit those not on steam, I just need Ys6 to come here too.

Sakura Angels is apparently in that list (not sure if that's old news or not), much to Turfster's and Chariot's delights, I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure they both will buy it ;)

dani_dc

I was actually curious about that, didn't know where to start and Google pretty much gives me the same answer.

Thanks guys, starting with Oath then. Think I'll try 1 and 2 before Origins though.

edit;

Intercalate between Ys 1 and Oaths!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I just found Mordheim City of the Damned on Steam early access. A turn-based RPG set in Warhammer world. Looks good & polished overall.
Have anyone here tried it yet?

Raven's Cry looks neat as well.

Warhammer properties can range from near perfection to the depths of uninspired tripe. I would keep expectations low in case it is the latter.

Ah, Reality Pump, my favorite developer of games with european jank. I'm looking forward to Raven's Cry, and expect a bit of jank, but they haven't released any new gameplay videos or done any interviews in a long time.

Arthea

is releasing today. As I never played it... I'm very tempted to buy it, but then if it's any good it'll screw all my plans and I don't think it's a short game. Well, depends on price, still no price on it.

edited: reading gaf goty thread and seeing so many mentions of Danganronpa made me wish we could get it on steam, iOS version should be easy and cheap to port, then again it's Spike Chunsoft, not exactly PC guys.

is releasing today. As I never played it... I'm very tempted to buy it, but then if it's any good it'll screw all my plans and I don't think it's a short game. Well, depends on price, still no price on it.

Looks interesting, game was released on Wii U a few months ago. You can probably check some youtube videos of the Wii U version and see how the game is before purchasing.

Arthea

Looks interesting, game was released on Wii U a few months ago. You can probably check some youtube videos of the Wii U version and see how the game is before purchasing.

oh don't get me wrong, it's 100% must buy game for me, I don't need converting. It's just that I still have my 100 unfinished games, that I planned to finish this year, and I bought more than 100 new during winter sale...
But if price is right... what our buying habits have to do with logic anyway? (><)

Knurek

header.jpg

"Alphadia Genesis is the first JRPG from acclaimed developers KEMCO to be released on Steam."

Acclaimed? o_O
I mean, they release those games on iOS in such a pace (1-2 monthly) that I have no doubt it's not a great game.
Still seems quite nice. Pity there's no controller support, the battle UI looks like something that will be a chore to control with kb+m.

That doesn't seem to be possible, games are added to greenlight almost at the same rate they are greenlit. Not to mention that new additions aren't that hot and lately more of the concepts than games with something to show, but still, situation is dire! It's a bit scary to think what will happen when greenlight is shutdown, and every half baked or barely baked game will end up on steam, no? Then again, maybe it isn't, we are close to this situation already.

The fact that only one DROD game has been greenlit is seriously dire.

Arthea

acclaimed or not, I must play it! (><)

talking about DROD, I have them all or many (DRM free), still haven't played even one!
Are they good? look kinda bad

Arthea

Best puzzle games ever.
Better than Picross, Hexcells and Puzzle Quest combined

you didn't! nothing is better than Puzzle Quest! nothing!
I'll remind you these words after I play DROD, don't think I'll forget (><)

I'm sure they'll be greenlit even without our help, those games are cult classics and very loved.
I voted them

I wouldn't be so sure, seeing as all of them are on greenlight for more than two years already and still not greenlit ;)
upvoted too

Knurek

you didn't! nothing is better than Puzzle Quest! nothing!
I'll remind you these words after I play DROD, don't think I'll forget (><)

If you have DROD 4, start with it.
It's the first chronologically storywise, and an easier game than the other main titles. Meant as a starter title to ease new players into the game.
DROD 1-3 and 5 are brutally difficult.

There are also a few tutorial user-made holds, but it's best to start with Gunthro.

Arthea

If you have DROD 4, start with it.
It's the first chronologically storywise, and an easier game than the other main titles. Meant as a starter title to ease new players into the game.
DROD 1-3 and 5 are brutally difficult.

just checked, I have it. I'll probably wait till next year to play it, tho.
I'm still not convinced... but I'll give it a chance.

Haha wow Kemco.

They've put out like....zero good games for as long as I've known them.
Admittedly I don't know a thing about their mobile output, but during the 8-16-32-64bit days it was nothing but mediocre junk.

They're at least partly responsible for the legendary cover for the SNES game Phalanx.

I actually bought a PS2 memory card that Kemco put out. It was the best product they ever made IMO. That thing still works and I've had it for well over a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom