• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow wake up to a decent bundle, if only it landed before the last sale I'd be all over that but thanks to the sale and a few kind gaffers I've got all but bio infinite and spec ops.

Now if only I could write a modbot buddy that would alert me if someone gives away spec ops.

pahamrick

They were $2.35 in the US market yesterday... I usually try to pay $2 or less via traders looking to cash out.

They were around $2.25 on the market right at the beginning of the summer sale, because thats what I paid when I got 10 keys for Divinity: Original Sin. I don't really have any trader rep, and being limited to my steam wallet hurts.

I'll take the extra hit at $2.49 though, that's still a little over $22 for 9 keys which is still super cheap for Witcher 3.

liezryou

Historical Low: $8.49 at Steam on Sun Jun 22 2014 for Wolf Among Us.

So I'm guessing this is going to be a common thing now? Sale prices going up instead of down? Valve your startin to get hella greedy here bud

So I'm guessing this is going to be a common thing now? Sale prices going up instead of down? Valve your startin to get hella greedy here bud
I wouldn't expect the sale price for a midweek to be as low as it was during the summer sale.

Razakin

Was able to nab the Complete Deponia thing for $3.99 at 90% off thanks to owning them all. Only played a bit of the first. Ill just start over on the complete edition. Thats the way to handle compilation collections. Give massive discount for people that already bought the individual games. Plus i get the bonus content now.
Any chances of you doing the same for me? I could drop bit extra as a middleman fee.

Dr Dogg

FIFA 14 on PC is fine but it is "last gen". They did not use the new engine that appears on XB1 and PS4. FIFA 15 launches in Sept and will use the new Engine for PC.

You can get FIFA 14 for roughly $11. I ordered it the other day from Mexican Origin + 60% using the code: BRAZIL2014.

Ah I forgot about that. Decisions, decisions. At least Mexican Origin make it an easier pill to swallow. Cheers for that.

Does anyone know of a GMG coupon that works with Pro Evo on offer at the mo? Don't really want to dig into my credit for that.

I'm convinced this is the reason why jshackles isn't working at Valve, you see a sale and think wow 75% off, you open the sale page and see 'historical low' half the price of the current sale, Valve just lost a sale and we now have an educated consumer who is able to control their urge to buy sale items.

Sale prices are decided by publishers, not Valve, and this really isn't a new thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
got me abyss odyssey from dunder since it seems like a game that'll be fun to play on release

now to resist the divinity temptation

DogMeat77

Ah I forgot about that. Decisions, decisions. At least Mexican Origin make it an easier pill to swallow. Cheers for that.

Does anyone know of a GMG coupon that works with Pro Evo on offer at the mo? Don't really want to dig into my credit for that.

Well the 60% off still works on US (And I assume any) origin but Origin Mexico has the game for cheaper. US Has it for $39.99 and Mexico has it for $29.99.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
surprisingly easy when you don't have money to pull the trigger, actually

well ... I guess you're right ... I know that first-hand :p if it wasn't for that I'd be all over Abyss Odyssey and few other games :p lol

Jet Set Radio impressions:

Quite possibly the most intimidating tutorial I've ever played. Here I was sweating over the 20 and 30 trick combos, then they throw 50 at me. I eventually got it, but holy ass! Is that shit to be expected of me the whole game? Worse yet, trick combos don't even seem to be the point of the game, at least from the opening chapter. Tells you a lot when only 5.9% of players completed the tutorial.

Still, looking forward to the rest of the game.

Nabs

Quite possibly the most intimidating tutorial I've ever played. Here I was sweating over the 20 and 30 trick combos, then they throw 50 at me. I eventually got it, but holy ass! Is that shit to be expected of me the whole game? Worse yet, trick combos don't even seem to be the point of the game, at least from the opening chapter. Tells you a lot when only 5.9% of players completed the tutorial.

The tutorial is the hardest part of the game. It's recommended to just skip most of it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Watched the Abyss Odyssey gameplay video and I'm really interested in the game now, it looks like fun, but I wonder if the fight system holds up, the guys playing don't really look like they know what they're doing, it was more like someone's random demo footage, so I'm not sure if I'm picking this up sooner rather than later.

Check the Know Your Enemy trailers I have on the OT and see the combo potential some characters have. Overall it seems to be fleshed out enough and on the right hands could be a showcase.

Nabs

Watched the Abyss Odyssey gameplay video and I'm really interested in the game now, it looks like fun, but I wonder if the fight system holds up, the guys playing don't really look like they know what they're doing, it was more like someone's random demo footage, so I'm not sure if I'm picking this up sooner rather than later.

izIP3xGDZt669.gif

Any system that lets me start a combo with a rapier throw gets my approval.

Sofa King

Yeah, I finished the game back on the Dreamcast and when I tried the tutorial on the re-release I was absolutely stumped. Move on and enjoy the game!

Hugstable

Banned
100% Orange Juice is such a ruthless boardgame. Every card in the game has the sole purpose of trolling the hell out of the person it's used on. Everything is based on RNG dice rolls, but when playing a full game with other players and not the CPU, it becomes alot more fun since the tide of the game could change at any second. Plus the CPU in the game cheats all the time and they always get good rolls. It's pretty easy to pick up and play as well, really a fun game considering it's 5$ on Indie Gala for like another 10 minutes... lol I probably shoulda wrote this earlier -_-

rookiejet

Likewise. The concept is brilliant, but what I've seen of the combat and movement makes it seem a little too floaty and imprecise. I wish they'd gone all the way with the fighting game trappings and had collision modeling. I can envision clipping through enemies annoying me to no end as I'm positioning for attacks and stuff. I can see why they might want to implement it this way though. Due to it being single-lane side-scrolling, and the randomness of enemy generation, they might want to allow the player to be mobile through a mob if there happens to be projectile-firing enemies further away from the player, etc.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well, I'm off to bed. Pretty sure there'll be a new thread in the morning! Managed to finish two games though, The Wolf Among Us and Blackwell Unbound. Now to pick what's next..

Lomax

Looking forward to buying Wolf Among Us for 75% off this winter sale. Wasn't willing to take the jump until it was all out and well received.

Edit: Girlfriend finally won M&Ms money and it got rejected by Amazon. So annoying.

jediyoshi

I have $18 worth of M&M cards and haven't been able to use them on steam.

I haven't tried it myself, but PayPal recently added the ability to pay with prepaid debit cards which the m&m bucks would fall under. So you could use it in conjunction with the add funds option

hMVO9kb.png

I imagine if you use enhanced steam, you could set it up to add in increments of $6

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Stump, small ModBot suggestion here, if you don't mind. Now that we're required to say thanks via PM rather than in the thread, would it be possible to put a PM link to the person who held the giveaway in the ModBot "You Win _______" PM? Would make it a lot easier and probably increase the number of people who actually say thanks for their wins.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For the M&M winners try your code in a few days. Have been reports that the cards get loaded later.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to use mine again from 9 days ago (which was empty at the time) and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Nope, still empty. :(

tylerf

Nabbed Deponia complete for 1 key + 1 ticket. Those traders must be living the dream, 1 dollar in profit at a time :p

Lomax

Uhh please show me a reasonable amount of games (before this summer sale) that went up in sale price instead of down.

Pretty sure they did exactly the same thing with Walking Dead. Honestly it makes perfect sense, put it on sale for people to grab when it is finished at a higher price because they know there will be more demand. Anyone waiting for a lower price will continue to wait. Not all sales are targeted at all people.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Thanks to PetriP the only game from the 2K bundle I don't "have"
I got the PS+ one
is Spec Ops... I guess I'll wait a week to see what they add to the bundle.

But who else will summarize the thread? :/
I will when everyone stops treating the thread as a chat room :mad:

Who is the fan favorite player? Surely he will die some crazy death.
That already happened the previous match where Joffrey Neymar was taken out.

Special Playfiyah-themed giveaway. Get some cash back to go with that magic +1! Except possibly Super Lemonade Factory, which hasn't unlocked yet.

Special instructions for the winners of a few of 'em:
Crusader Kings II - This is a string of something like 7 keys. First one's the game, rest is a bunch of the earlier DLC.
Skulls of the Shogun - A Humble Bundle gift link.
Super Lemonade Factory - An IndieGameStand link. I'm *presuming* it includes a Steam key as well, but dunno if that's something the Dev has to touch up later once one of these lingering gift codes gets redeemed.

Everything else is the standard old Steam code. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Trellisaze:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Trellisaze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-D1C68CE7B992A1F6
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-28552E27A1DC7775 - Taken by Daedalos42. 4 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-B0BE8AF58746C27A - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 7 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-D0C81720A7EBE1C3 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Aeon Command -- MB-278AB9F44BFB4E3B - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
Super Lemonade Factory -- MB-E76D8EDE446B374E - Taken by wetflame. 6 entrants total.
The Howler -- MB-841BAFB366269310 - Taken by Vastag. 3 entrants total.

t1404861270z1.png

Thanks to PetriP the only game from the 2K bundle I don't "have"
I got the PS+ one
is Spec Ops... I guess I'll wait a week to see what they add to the bundle.

I will when everyone stops treating the thread as a chat room :mad:

That already happened the previous match where Joffrey Neymar was taken out.
Seems like a silly complaint to have on a message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom