• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Richrd & Alice keys from indieroyale are up on Desura/collection (client only, wont work from the website)

MUnited83

For you.
Duck Tales is a funny old game. If you got a 120hz monitor you can't toggle VSYNC so you will cap on 120fos but the game runs at twice the speed but the audio plays back normally. Really flipping surreal. Afterburner to the rescue (that reminds me about that Rescue Rangers game now).

Hehehe you could say that was a Type-0 typo.

Yeah I'll see myself out.

More like Typ-0

Myshkin

Thanks for Soulbringer.
Thanks also to chromicon and Rhaknar.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Myshkin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-60223BC46AE3C27B
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-04F22E70FA1ED297

t1402443987z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait ... Reversion is free? Why did I bought it then? Granted I paid only couple of bucks, but still.

i would ask for a refund, it was for sale for like...1 hour if that, then it went f2p

and it has cards lol

reposting from previous page, not sure if it works, someone test it pls!

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-A3E9E4379DA06E41

Arthea

I think the first episode is free (and was always free), while the second one is commercial.
At least that's what the IGS deal stated.

ya, I bought at IGS, long ago already, but I clearly remember it was 2 episodes, not one free and one paid episode. Oh well

edited: I just checked, it's even called double pack and no steam key too.

Rhaknar

The Deer God on greenlight looks cool

edit: oh Thief base price dropped to 29.99€, bodes well for a sale. Magrunner dropped to 9.99€ (from 19.99) too

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Crossposting from the Rainbow Six thread (from IGN):

I do want to be clear that the demo shown during the Ubisoft conference did have an extra sheen of polish on it, many parts appeared to be scripted and the pre-alpha PC build we played wasn’t quite up to the level shown at the press conference, but it was close, ...

dat ubi effect

Anybody played Enemy Front and have some impressions? It just came out today. It's from the dude who headed Black.....................................and Bodycount.

bsLZV1C.jpg

Zafir

Wow lol. That's quite the fuck up about type-0. I'm not too mad despite being a vita owner, would rather have it on console anyway but man, what a kick in the teeth.

Miker

This may have been mentioned already, but Magical Drop V is $1 on Steam. Is it any good? I love playing competitive puzzlers w/ my gf (Puzzle Fighter, Panel de Pon, etc.), would I like this too? I vaguely remember it having some issues at launch.

Rhaknar

Anybody played Enemy Front and have some impressions? It just came out today. It's from the dude who headed Black.....................................and Bodycount.

bsLZV1C.jpg

i was JUST going to ask this. the pictures look gorgeous in the store page, and its quite cheap for a new release

Arthea

This may have been mentioned already, but Magical Drop V is $1 on Steam. Is it any good? I love playing competitive puzzlers w/ my gf (Puzzle Fighter, Panel de Pon, etc.), would I like this too? I vaguely remember it having some issues at launch.

I like most puzzle games, at least all good ones. I don't know what's exactly wrong with Magical Drop, but I don't like it. It's probably not that bad when you have someone nice to play with, IDK about that.
Haven't really encountered any issues, except I didn't like controls, if I remember correctly, maybe that's why I dislike it.
And it's cheap now, so no harm in trying for yourself.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The Deer God on greenlight looks cool

Went to go see what that was and yeah, it looks kind of interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

Crossposting from the Rainbow Six thread (from IGN):

dat ubi effect

Was there ever any doubt? :p

From what I've seen, the characters you can play as are very talkative and desu.

Phinor

Few technical issues but it's just a good old linear WW2 shooter. Better than I expected, exactly what I wanted considering the non-AAA price point. The multiplayer was laggy though, and absolutely nothing special. The game won't win any awards and will likely have a metacritic score in the 60s, but that's the world we live in. Also looks pretty good for a smaller team(?) project, Cryengine and all that. I know the development took years, the game was announced back in 2011. I don't really know why they are dumping the game without any hype at all, surely a little more marketing effort would have been useful?

HoosTrax

i was JUST going to ask this. the pictures look gorgeous in the store page, and its quite cheap for a new release
I would guess that the reason that it's cheap is because there are seven DLC packs for it in the database waiting to be put on the store.

Miker

I like most puzzle games, at least all good ones. I don't know what's exactly wrong with Magical Drop, but I don't like it. It's probably not that bad when you have someone nice to play with, IDK about that.
Haven't really encountered any issues, except I didn't like controls, if I remember correctly, maybe that's why I dislike it.
And it's cheap now, so no harm in trying for yourself.

From what I've seen, the characters you can play as are very talkative and desu.

Hmm. Yeah, after watching that clip (and listening to it, oh god), I'm gonna guess that it's not worth my trouble.

In related talk, I'd pay out the ass for a Steam version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

Modbot indicates Grief.exe has won my giveaway.

Grief -- please pm me your game choice and I will redeem and pm you later tonight.

---

Holy crap at that Vita type 0 fiasco. Guess SE lost my sale.

Nzyme32

What are the chances that the Hitman game for iOS is better than Absolution? :lol

If you mean Hitman GO, it's actually good fun. It's very loosely related to hitman, but it is a great board-game of sorts. I was surprised with it. Lookup some vids to see if it is your kind of thing.

Evrain

I was going to say that I had heard Hitman Go was supposed to be kind of decent, but then I found out another Hitman iOS game was announced.

:(
Go is fairly decent, at least from my personal experience, along with an essential and elegant presentation that I find unique. What kills it (no pun intended) are IAPs.

EDIT: forgot to add, thanks Inframan for the Civ 3 gift, going to ease my AoE II withdrawal for a little bit (the shock of misplacing a bona fide 1999 first print is almost unbearable)

If you mean Hitman GO, it's actually good fun. It's very loosely related to hitman, but it is a great board-game of sorts. I was surprised with it. Lookup some vids to see if it is your kind of thing.

They announced Hitman: Sniper last week (F2P, found out about it in a Squenix listing for E3).

We’ve designed Hitman: Sniper to be a massively competitive sniping game that will focus on the subtlety of execution. You’ll need to have your wits about you to complete scenario-driven contracts that contain a number of targets and assignments. Each one is designed to have a high level of replayability, not only to fine-tune your approach but to explore creative alternatives and to achieve the ultimate score on the leaderboards. If you remember Hitman: Sniper Challenge, released by our friends at Io-Interactive ahead of the launch of Hitman Absolution, you’ll have a pretty good idea of the sort of action you can expect.

Hitman: Sniper will be launching later this year and will be available free of charge. We want to offer people the opportunity to try the game for free, and then customize their own game experience with optional in-app purchases if they want to. For instance, you can get early access to contracts, or upgrade your sniper rifle – all things you can earn through playing the game. It’s up to you which one you choose and the game won’t force you down a particular route. By making Hitman: Sniper available for free, it will allow more people to have immediate access and increase the level of competition, which is at the core of the game.

http://hitman.com/announcing-hitman-sniper/

Sini

Go is fairly decent, at least from my personal experience, along with an essential and elegant presentation that I find unique. What kills it (no pun intended) are IAPs.
But aren't IAPs only for unlocking levels without completing previous ones? How is that so bad?

Few technical issues but it's just a good old linear WW2 shooter. Better than I expected, exactly what I wanted considering the non-AAA price point. The multiplayer was laggy though, and absolutely nothing special. The game won't win any awards and will likely have a metacritic score in the 60s, but that's the world we live in. Also looks pretty good for a smaller team(?) project, Cryengine and all that. I know the development took years, the game was announced back in 2011. I don't really know why they are dumping the game without any hype at all, surely a little more marketing effort would have been useful?

Left the studio a year before it was released.

And now I kinda want to just jump in. Bodycount was such horseshit I didn't have much faith this would be decent. But these impressions and info are making my finger hover over the purchase button.

Red Comet

Picked up Civ V Complete for $16.50 on Steam today. I almost bought it for $25 on GMG last night, so I'm glad I decided against it.

There are no meaningful IAP last time I looked.

What kills it, is that it is dead boring.

I got it on amazon for $25 a couple weeks ago. All these sales just make me feel bad when I don't get the lowest one.
You'll get it for free if you wait forever. Just get the game and play it if you want it. It will always be cheaper in a few weeks / in a bundle / in a sale.

If you post in this threat, you will buy the game, and never play it.

Cheddahz

Banned
I did mention yesterday (I think) that I was going to give something away, so here it is! (and for whoever wins, hit me up and I'll get you the Breakdown DLC as well)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

State of Decay -- MB-2AE262D361E76CA9 - Taken by SSPssp. 43 entrants total.

t1402450557z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom