• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Mac client?No problem, why Apple logo in Windows client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garou

The funny thing is, the logo IS NOT PART OF THE CLIENT. It is just part of the website that gets displayed within the client.
Removing it would mean to remove it from their website, which would be quite dumb regarding their huge efforts to have all that new stuff up and running on a new platform.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Maybe you should consider getting help, dovella. I'm serious. Talk to a doctor about your obsession.

rex64

Banned
sorry you guys, italian people sucks :(

lemme handle this :(

x lo stronzo che ha aperto il tread:
non capisci una sega smettila di lamerare e ficcati nel culo il tuo amato pc.
Ti auguro di morire presto e che il tuo cadavere venga inculato da un negro.

ps: il tuo inglese fa cagare il cazzo, vai a studiare sfigato napoletano terrone dimmerda.

dovella

JordanLMiller said:
steve_jobs.jpg

sorry

c.jpg

Garou said:
The funny thing is, the logo IS NOT PART OF THE CLIENT. It is just part of the website that gets displayed within the client.
Removing it would mean to remove it from their website, which would be quite dumb regarding their huge efforts to have all that new stuff up and running on a new platform.
Also you can set which window you want Steam to load to, which means you never have to actually see the Store window if you want want to.

I cannot stop laughing at the fact he fucking signed one of those MSPaint pictures

I literally cannot stop

I am going to die at this rate holy shit what is your life like

vazel

Banned
I'm just... dumbfounded. There has to be a reason for this fanboyism. He either works at Microsoft or having to use Macs at a job has scarred him for life. I just don't get it...
Red Scarlet said:
Oh my at his youtube page. I don't feel as nerdy/obsessed with what I am doing right now. Thanks!
Now he's going to write a 1,000 page guide to Windows and why Mac sucks.

Red Scarlet said:
Oh my at his youtube page. I don't feel as nerdy/obsessed with what I am doing right now. Thanks!

To be honest, comparing yourself with GAF (or most of the internet's nerd communities) isn't really a good way to judge your 'geekiness'.

remember when amazing threads like this went into the hall of fame on a regular basis, instead of being locked and forgotten

i think the time has come for that tradition to be revived

entremet

vazel said:
I'm just... dumbfounded. There has to be a reason for this fanboyism. He either works at Microsoft or having to use Macs at a job has scarred him for life. I just don't get it...Now he's going to write a 1,000 page guide to Windows.
Or he could be a joke character.

Loam

You know, I typed out quite a bit about how the mac button wasn't in the windows client per-say but just the steam store page that the client loads up. Not to mention how writing code to prevent it from showing up in certain clients would not only require unnecessary work but would also be rather pointless.

Then I refreshed the page and read all the new posts, oh my god. Windows defense force much? This cannot be for real. :lol

How long did it take Gaf to dig all this info up?

LCfiner

entrement said:
Or he could be a joke character.

the dedication required to get that youtube channel up and running just as a setup for a Gaf joke character is too much effort, I think.

heck, that would be scarier than assuming he really is this obsessed about Apple.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
vazel said:
I'm just... dumbfounded. There has to be a reason for this fanboyism. He either works at Microsoft or having to use Macs at a job has scarred him for life. I just don't get it...Now he's going to write a 1,000 page guide to Windows and why Mac sucks.

Trust me, people that work at microsoft don't even care about OS wars that much.

Incidentally, am I the only one picturing the OP like this?

dovella said:
Hi excuse me my english

ivwvva.gif

1zvz9tk.jpg

this is a advertsing no sense in my client. I PAY MY GAMES TO STEAM!!

2mpc5qe.gif

Steam moderator closed all my thread http://bit.ly/a0OIs9 http://bit.ly/cyuZdN http://bit.ly/btyz1B

and this is a PM from moderator

This is epic FAIL

ncy5ic.gif

Putting the Apple logo in the Windows client is equivalent to putting the pictures of Buddha in the Vatican in Rome.
Even if you may seem a trivial thing, you must remove the Apple logo from the Windows client.
In every forum / blog / site
you create real religious war between Windows users and Apple users.

15332h1.gif

If you agree pls post here your opinion

2j1768x.gif

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LCfiner said:
the dedication required to get that youtube channel up and running just as a setup for a Gaf joke character is too much effort, I think.

heck, that would be scarier than assuming he really is this obsessed about Apple.

I think someone said he posts on other boards too. Some people can really get into making a joke character.

Though I think he is just crazy.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Wren said:
You know, I typed out quite a bit about how the mac button wasn't in the windows client per-say but just the steam store page that the client loads up. Not to mention how writing code to prevent it from showing up in certain clients would not only require unnecessary work but would also be rather pointless.

Then I refreshed the page and read all the new posts, oh my god. Windows defense force much? This cannot be for real. :lol

How long did it take Gaf to dig all this info up?
It's "per se". Comes from Latin. Means "by itself". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom