• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad its May
-ish
, but allergies kicking my butt. Ought to stay in and play games instead of mowing the lawn, I reckon.

I have a few screenshots when messing around with then the new widescreen feature on a PS1 emulator.

A little touchup with the UI, fixed the warping textures. Leave the pixelated polygons look alone.
Never gonna happen is it?
Huh. I didn't Vagrant Story had a VATS-like system.
Glad its May, but allergies kicking my butt. Ought to stay in and play games instead of mowing the lawn, I reckon.
My poor throat :(

Thanks to Nabs I managed to set up Dark Souls with DSFix up properly.
While I was at it, I added several mods to the game. Mainly texture mods. Sen's Fortress is still a blast.

vwxqlb.gif

Gonna make a webm shortly showing the improved textures, tress etc.

Dsyndrome

So IE's going away and being replaced by Edge.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/29/technology/microsoft-edge-windows-build/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool&iid=obnetwork
Good to see they're finally allowing extensions, will only take 4 years for implementation on government systems.
So I am assuming that since nuuvem is in the title that it can't be used like before for cheap(er) games?
You can still get cheap games that haven't been region-locked, like Arkham Knight for $27.

dex3108

so they question now is when will W3 preload start if at all

Probably few days before release. If we are lucky that will be 7 days before release.

We are still working with GOG, Steam, Sony, etc on pre-loads and do not have an exact date yet. I think Sid's estimate of 1 week is safe, but it isn't a sure thing yet.

When we know, we'll let everyone know.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...er-platforms?p=1623598&viewfull=1#post1623598

CDPR is getting good with lies :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I am assuming that since nuuvem is in the title that it can't be used like before for cheap(er) games?

VPN + PayPal still works for games that aren't GTAV. The only global change is that all items are now purchase-restricted, so you need to use a VPN when browsing (or after you've opened in tabs all the games you want), not just when finalising your purchase.

Sarcasm

VPN + PayPal still works for games that aren't GTAV. The only global change is that all items are now purchase-restricted, so you need to use a VPN when browsing, not just when finalising your purchase.

Ah okay.

Than maybe we shouldn't use nuuvem in title XO

Grief.exe

How about putting him on Resonance of Fate first?
Come on SEGA. You liked that VC money, I got some more for you.

Let's get Grief.exe on this case.

I'm thinking Silent Hill would be a good target for the next campaign. Previously existing PC versions, should be cheap, unless there are licencing issues.

As far as Sega is concerned, they have so many options for PC/current-gen ports that would likely have higher ROI than RoF. Bayonetta, Vanquish, JSRF, Skies of Arcadia, etc.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Quickly comparing Steam threads created in the month of April and the other thread has way more posts.

The people have spoken.

chronomac

As far as Sega is concerned, they have so many options for PC/current-gen ports that would likely have higher ROI than RoF. Bayonetta, Vanquish, JSRF, Skies of Arcadia, etc.

Bayonetta would kill on Steam, sales-wise, but I don't know if it's possible to get out of the Nintendo deal.

I would try JSRF since most people seem to think it controls better than that ghastly Jet Set Radio.

Being concerned about having a severed head on a magazine for kids seems like a silly reason to hate something with a passion.
Its not only that, its how they gimp a lot of their games BECAUSE OF THE CHILDREN. just look at splatoon, no chatting option whatsoever, even if you make a private lobby with friends only

Kagemusha

There is no public GOG client that is able to pre-load. They only offer installers. The closed Galaxy alpha allowed me to download and play Ys VI a few days early. But I don't think GoG has ever done a pre-load.

JaseC

Yeap. For example new Wolfenstein is already up for pre-load on X1 but it will be available for PS4 and PC next week.

I think that speaks more about the length of Microsoft's certification process. At some point the updated build Bethesda submits isn't going to be approved and uploaded for public consumption before release, so it makes sense to kick off the pre-load period when it's determined that point has been reached. Obviously there are no certification processes on Steam, though -- on the PC it's more about avoiding the need for those who've pre-loaded to download updated data.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bayonetta would kill on Steam, sales-wise, but I don't know if it's possible to get out of the Nintendo deal.

I would try JSRF since most people seem to think it controls better than that ghastly Jet Set Radio.

Technically Bayonetta 1 can be done if they port the 360 version. Bayo 2 is a no but I think some people would be happy with just Bayonetta 1 on PC.

dex3108

I think that speaks more about the length of Microsoft's certification process. At some point the updated build Bethesda submits isn't going to be approved and uploaded for public consumption before release, so it makes sense to kick off the pre-load period when it's determined that point has been reached. Obviously there are no certification processes on Steam, though.

This is not first time. Many games got pre-load on X1 first and most if not all of those were MS sponsored games. It is obviously part of their deal. X1 gets pre-load first.

JaseC

This is not first time. Many games got pre-load on X1 first and most if not all of those were MS sponsored games. It is obviously part of their deal. X1 gets pre-load first.

If there are examples of games that aren't/weren't being heavily marketed in favour of the X1 having longer pre-load periods on the X1 versus other platforms, doesn't that render your hypothesis invalid? ;) I mean, the alternative is that in some cases Microsoft is throwing money away specifically for longer pre-loads, which would be a terrific waste.

baterism

I left for a while to play Civ V, and May thread already out. There's still 20min left for April here.

So... this is Q2, right?

fallout

Its not only that, its how they gimp a lot of their games BECAUSE OF THE CHILDREN. just look at splatoon, no chatting option whatsoever, even if you make a private lobby with friends only
Yeah, that's true. I've shared similar frustrations over the years (see: friend codes). That said, even though that guiding principle of "because of the children" can force some restrictions in the features of their games, I think that overall it lends itself to other more positive and unique creative decisions. E.g., I'm glad they never really took The Legend of Zelda in some "edgy" and "mature" direction. It's refreshing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
GOG Galaxy has an offline mode. A working offline mode. Took Valv eyears to get their working.

GOG - Steam
1-0
Steam had a client.

An actual client.

And it took GOG years to make one.

Christians: 1. Atheists: 0.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
nice thread, jshackles... only it's still April. What's up with that?

I found out yesterday that I (most likely) won't be near a PC later tonight when I was originally planning on posting it. So here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom