• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam "Mysterious" Badge

Bytes

I just checked my Steam badges page and found a new entry for a "Mysterious" badge. It doesn't seem to be related to a game in my library. Is this possibly for the upcoming summer sale? Does anyone else see this?

j7TRPV

- 10 cards
- people suddenly getting "mystery" cards from crafting badges
- "mystery" badge
- it's June

Summer Sale it is. And I think it was JaseC who said the cards always start dropping about nine or ten days before the sale starts, so more evidence of the sale starting June 11.

Bytes

Just crafted a badge and I got a Mystery 8 card.

EDIT: Actually, it's called Mysterious Card 7, but has the number 8 on it (lol). It also says it will be tradable after 6/8/2015 at 3 AM.

Hugstable

Banned
Wonder what the metagame is gonna be this time. Hope they don't try that auction the auction or crystals thing again, that got messy. The team stuff from last year was crazy too lol

MUnited83

For you.
Wonder what the metagame is gonna be this time. Hope they don't try that auction the auction or crystals thing again, that got messy. The team stuff from last year was crazy too lol

Despite the mess in the first day, the gem auction was amazinf imo.

NoRéN

Just crafted a badge and I got a Mystery 8 card.

EDIT: Actually, it's called Mysterious Card 7, but has the number 8 on it (lol). It also says it will be tradable after 6/8/2015 at 3 AM.
The whole being traceable on the 8th has to do with their new trading rules I think.

I miss the more involved game-specific stuff from a few years back, completing various objectives in different titles.

It was quite easy to cheat it though. People just used SAM to get achievements they would have taken them 2-3 hours or more to get.

Then in the wintersale somehow they also ran out of games from the publishers and could only use their own games to give away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, there goes what little hope I had left of the sale starting in July.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why is the 11th a bad day to start?

The later it is, the more time people have to save their pennies. Also, July is tax time here and my refund would have added at least a grand to my budget. I suppose I can put that money towards a 980 Ti instead.

Hip Hop

The later it is, the more time people have to save their pennies. Also, July is tax time here and my refund would have added at least a grand to my budget. I suppose I can put that money towards a 980 Ti instead.

Ah, okay.

It makes sense, especially with E3 and the new AMD card shenanigans. happening around that time too.

Bluth54

The sooner the better for me. After 6 months of nothing I need the major TF2 update that typically comes with the summer sale so bad right now.

Top Bottom