• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clovers comparison:
Skyrim modded
22387131063_dd242580aa_o.jpg

Battlefront
23092448141_582893a9de_o.png

-------------------------------------------------------------- >8

Anyway, I'd impulse buy a 'remastered' New Vegas based on the current Fallout 4 engine. As someone who highly prefer 3rd person mode, I can't really stand the animations in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Every time I have the urge to replay New Vegas, I always get reminded of the animations.

Caerith

i think yes and no

new vegas you can feel is a work of love which tells me obs loves fallout way too much to let it go so easily

but ofc the smart thing to do would to make their own ip like eternity and move on

i'm hoping the world doesn't suck and beth offers them a good deal and obs just makes something great like usual

Yeah, their brand of post apocalypse + americana is kinda unique and has a lot of potential and it would suck to let it go, but I'm confident they could create something just as wonderful. Or more wonderful, even-- they've had a lot of time to improve their craft.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cave Coaster -- MB-E5A83B38EAA1052A - Taken by Eila
Desert Law -- MB-8E2ACD82A6EBECEA - Taken by texhnolyze
Static: Investigator Training -- MB-139C0C7AB6FF311F - Taken by Mikurden
Bridge Constructor Playground -- MB-9C600B317580E851 - Taken by Sr Kitsune

Soulflarz

Banned
Before I go to sleep- anyone have a Sonic Generations key lying around I could buy for dirt cheap? Figured I might as well ask and hope someone says yes when I wake up XD

How do I get sweetfx/reshaded sceenshots to work with Steam overlay?
The Steam overlay just won't detect the effects even though It's already turned on. Fortunately, I set the MSI screenshots button the same as Steam overlay one, so I can still get the reshaded shots from there. Can I just copy the MSI shots to the steam screenshots folder? Will steam detect them?

Anteater

How do I get sweetfx/reshaded sceenshots to work with Steam overlay?
The Steam overlay just won't detect the effects even though It's already turned on. Fortunately, I set the MSI screenshots button the same as Steam overlay one, so I can still get the reshaded shots from there. Can I just copy the MSI shots to the steam screenshots folder? Will steam detect them?

you'll have to upload them manually by copy and pasting them to steam's folder, just follow steam's naming scheme and it should work, you will have to restart steam for it to recognize the screenshots

dex3108

EA working on its own action game in the style of Assassin’s Creed

“We’ve never really operated in the largest genre of gaming, and that’s the action genre,” Blake Jorgensen, EA CFO said at the UBS Global Technology Conference.

“That’s the Assassin’s Creed-style games; more open-world, more single-play versus multiplayer. It’s not been an area that we’ve operated in. We recently hired Jade Raymond, who was behind the Assassin’s Creed franchise for Ubisoft and she will be building an action genre for us through a studio we’re building out in Montreal right now. So a lot of excitement around the action genre.”

RG0BS1U.gif

"Up here, on the balcony!" But there's nobody on the balc--oh.

Wow, is it even possible?
He's actually vital for the main quest, right?

you'll have to upload them manually by copy and pasting them to steam's folder, just follow steam's naming scheme and it should work, you will have to restart steam for it to recognize the screenshots

Ooh, that's what I wanted to hear!
Thanks, I'll definitely try it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

ELEX

ss_8e39aff97ef77392c539c1701ad1c41cae7460cd.1920x1080.jpg
ss_3c2e738d45f5b7b8ee6418d1f8f6936dc620b49b.1920x1080.jpg
ss_35fa883c24278ed0cdcf25dd33e0d035c91dc0dc.1920x1080.jpg
ss_e3641418f8c51bd8f9ddfd2ceb5ff21b575cdd5f.1920x1080.jpg

Features:

• Completely seamless Open World experience without borders and loading zones for the ultimate exploration experience
  • Vertical Exploration: Use the jetpack to reach any place in the game world
  • Simulated game world where everything reacts to the players actions and provides for an authentic atmosphere
  • Highly interconnected quest system that support true player choices
  • Tactical and challenging combat system for close and ranged combat
  • Universe set in a post apocalyptic science fantasy universe that combines the most interesting aspects of all genres

Miff

I've never played Darius and was really interested at first. But the lighting and background scenery in the videos are turning me off; especially after checking out gameplay for the old PSP version (as it looks like the same content is being refreshed for CS?). It looks like a 2D game superimposed onto a movie.

If you look at this for example, the movement of the background seems to bear no relation to the game at the front, particularly when the perspective shifts about 12 seconds into the level. Driving in a straight line but somehow traversing a curve looks like it will feel really odd when playing.

So, I'm really unsure. Whilst it looks like something I'd enjoy I'm stuck on the fence over how it would feel to play.

Tizoc

No hype for Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours?

Was just gonna try a little bit of the PSP version of Dariusburst again in preparation for Chronicle Saviours... 4 hours later... There's not very many shooters (or games in general for that matter) I can play in longer sessions and lose complete track of time, but Dariusburst is definitely one of them. Had almost forgot how incredibly addicting and enjoyable it is. What an incredible ending for an all-around amazing year* for shooters on Steam. Game of the year.

*Thanks Degica!

I for one am :)

Deques

No hype for Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours?

Was just gonna try a little bit of the PSP version of Dariusburst again in preparation for Chronicle Saviours... 4 hours later... There's not very many shooters (or games in general for that matter) I can play in longer sessions and lose complete track of time, but Dariusburst is definitely one of them. Had almost forgot how incredibly addicting and enjoyable it is. What an incredible ending for an all-around amazing year* for shooters on Steam. Game of the year.

*Thanks Degica!

I will probably buy it at day one. I should have bought Mushihimesama during the first week :(

If you look at this for example, the movement of the background seems to bear no relation to the game at the front, particularly when the perspective shifts about 12 seconds into the level. Driving in a straight line but somehow traversing a curve looks like it will feel really odd when playing.

So, I'm really unsure. Whilst it looks like something I'd enjoy I'm stuck on the fence over how it would feel to play.

That effect has been part of 2.5D Shmups for awhile now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGpGTZrq6dc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIxKjmrCrS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d38Ct6Iv_ts
You'd get used to it pretty quickly.

Also, not all zones in Darius Burst use it. Here are three zones from Another Chronicle EX that mix things up a bit with more "traditional" level-designs (walls, flying rocks, etc)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtOiTvGY8A0

Dr Dogg

T-minus 2 days to AssCreed and still no preload. 40-45gb is going to be a push to get it downloaded in time unless it goes up 6ish tonight :(

I don't think I even made it past like 2 hours in the beta before growing bored. Dice has sucked since BC2.

Funnily was having a chat with a mate about Battlefront and referenced Bad Company 2 and why, despite sharing a few similar modes, BC2 felt better. Classes and map flow were what we agreed on.

While BC2 still had an unlock system it was the last DICE game that didn't trivialise it and your unlocks per class were very specific to that role you'd play. Where as in 3 and more so 4 shit's popping all over the place included attachments, weapons for the wrong sort of engagement distance, totally mixed up equipments and weapon combos and in 4's case those fucking drawn out to make you spend real dosh battlepacks. In Battlefront you have no classes and we're on full on unlock shit with cards mechanic progression system. Balance went right out the fucking window right there and since that's so ingrained into the game it will be interesting (well no not really) to see how it pans out over time as peeps gravitate to certain weapon and cards.

Regards to maps, with Walker Assault very similar to rush but having to accommodate AT-AT's down the middle the 3 maps I've played (I think there's only 4 in total so far) boil down to one central lane that flows down from start to finish past all 5 control points with 2 narrower lanes either side and a wide open section linking them all together at control points, which each narrow lane featuring DICE's trademark choke points that always turn into clusterfucks. Add in some high ground for the Empire on all 3 maps that overlook control points and you see a steady stream of Rebel lemmings running to their deaths trying to hold off the walkers.

Supremacy is much like Conquest but map design is a bit higgledy piggledy and maps like Endor can have poor sight lines, yet again bunched up choke points and uneven high ground that is a death sentence if you go near them. And that's not talking about spawns either. About 5 or 6 times last night in some of the smaller squad based games I ended up spawning behind the opposition who didn't have a clue I was there and you could pop 3, 4, 5 of them before they figure out you've come in from behind.

Speaking of the smaller modes, I actually find them much more appealing. Droid Run is a different take on Domination in decently laid out maps and appropriate play count with moving flags if you will in 3 droids roaming around. Hero Hunt is a bit frustrating unless everyone works together to take the Hero down and the person who gets the kill shot not the person who deals the most damage becoming the next Hero is a bit shit as they track damage dealt as a statistic.

End of the day though what's going to make or break this game is the community, playstyles they gravitate too, how much balance DICE can instil in the game post launch and more importantly how long players stick with it over time.

dex3108

T-minus 2 days to AssCreed and still no preload. 40-45gb is going to be a push to get it downloaded in time unless it goes up 6ish tonight :(

Some users say that Origin pre-load will start today. So it that is true UPlay/Steam pre-load should be up today too.

Dr Dogg

Some users say that Origin pre-load will start today. So it that is true UPlay/Steam pre-load should be up today too.

Yeah I saw that on the Steam Hub. Then I saw 10 threads of 'For gods sake don't preorder this' and 'I'm doing you a favour'. Some people have waaay too much time on their hands. I'm sure if they really wanted to be useful they could go down their local homeless shelter and do some volunteer work. Oh but being helpful is not their intent is it.

dex3108

Yeah I saw that on the Steam Hub. Then I saw 10 threads of 'For gods sake don't preorder this' and 'I'm doing you a favour'. Some people have waaay too much time on their hands. I'm sure if they really wanted to be useful they could go down their local homeless shelter and do some volunteer work. Oh but being helpful is not their intent is it.

Well almost every big AAA HUB has those comments. Don't buy this at launch it is Bethesda game, another WB game don't buy this look what they did with Arkham Knight, don't buy this it is another Tecmo Koei shitty port... :D

Dr Dogg

Well almost every big AAA HUB has those comments. Don't buy this at launch it is Bethesda game, another WB game don't buy this look what they did with Arkham Knight, don't buy this it is another Tecmo Koei shitty port... :D

More like concern trolling is rife on the internet full stop.

Miff

That effect has been part of 2.5D Shmups for awhile now. You'd get used to it pretty quickly.

It's good to hear that you can used to it -- as opposed to it being a "you either get it or don't" situation. That's pretty much what my fear is, not being able to get past the effect. After Mushihimesama I'll definitely be giving more STGs a try, so I hope it goes well.

Valkyria of the Blue Revolution and Valkyria Chronicles remaster confirmed for PS4

PC too i presume. VC numbers on Steam were good if i remember correctly :D

So happy to see this, PC announcements will complete me.

Ludens

Banned
No, steam is fine actually.

I discovered what was wrong: Win 10 updated fucked up my Wifi pen drivers, it happened the first time I passed from Win 8.1 to Win 10 too. Now I downloaded again the proper drivers, fixed them and now Internet connection and Steam works properly.

So, umm, hello there. There's a Steam game that's region locked and stalls my Steam queue from time to time. I can finish the queue with it appearing by constant resetting, but the next one just chokes on it. (Hilariously enough, it is by a local developer, Steam hate much?)

Anyone knows is there a way to make Steam think I clicked "Not interested" on it?

Accoun

MUnited83

For you.
we are? I thought it was PS4 announcement.

we need Atelier PC announcement, at least I do. Mana Khemia HD, believe!
A Japanese announcement doesn't say PC because PC is irrelevant in Japan. I'm pretty sure a PC port will be announced with the localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom