• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

How much of an improvement can I see moving my Fallout 4 installation to my SSD? These load times are atrocious.

More improvement than anything else you could do for the game.

Hey man, I'm not the brightest when it comes to this stuff.

I'm just saying that I don't remember any game having an entire second terrain below things.

It just sounds like a horrible joke... but if it's true... thus, Poe's Law. But I don't know either, maybe that's normal? It doesn't sound normal.

More improvement than anything else you could do for the game.

It just sounds like a horrible joke... but if it's true... thus, Poe's Law. But I don't know either, maybe that's normal? It doesn't sound normal.

jlFggzy.jpg

I discovered it when I fell through the landscape - it just goes on and on with the rest of the wasteland.

I think I figured out why there's more performance issues in Fallout 4 than the game's graphical fidelity warrants!

The game renders an entire second terrain, textured, below the ground so you can't fall through. It's only present outdoors.

Bizarre. I guess that's the player equivalent of spawning NPCs a meter above the ground so they never clip through and fall into oblivion.

Just checking in the see (not sea of course) how everyone is doing. Returning to real-life for a few days most likely; struggle on in my absence. PMs about it are starting to trickle in. Good luck SteamGAF.

EDIT - Oh yeah, it you can figure out which game and can make sense of the rest of the clues you can Google your way to success. You don't have to have knowledge of the game that much.

FLD

So, apparently Hard West is a decent wild west x-com game, huh. Steam users reviewed it well enough.
No discussions or OT about the game here?

Seems to be fairly low profile. I've only ever heard of it once before and suddenly it's out. Looks pretty cool, though. Could help keep me busy until XCOM 2.

So, apparently Hard West is a decent wild west x-com game, huh. Steam users reviewed it well enough.

Hard West thread.
Post 12 is not filling me with confidence--novelty just isn't enough for a strategy game.

Just checking in the see (not sea of course) how everyone is doing. Returning to real-life for a few days most likely; struggle on in my absence. PMs about it are starting to trickle in. Good luck SteamGAF.
Embrace the unkindliness of the zee while you're away. SteamGAF's GotY needs bolstering.

It just released today. Give some people a little more time to play it, man.

I gotta say it looks interesting, and I'm wondering if DC comics is gonna sue over that art, because that looks a hell of a lot like Jonah Hex.

Seems to be fairly low profile. I've only ever heard of it once before and suddenly it's out. Looks pretty cool, though. Could help keep me busy until XCOM 2.

Hard West thread.
Post 12 is not filling me with confidence--novelty just isn't enough for a strategy game.

It just released today. Give some people a little more time to play it, man.

I gotta say it looks interesting, and I'm wondering if DC comics is gonna sue over that art, because that looks a hell of a lot like Jonah Hex.

Hmm, right. I've just found that thread earlier.
When an indie game reviewed badly by the journalists, it's kinda sad to see. :(

-------------------------------------------------------- >8

Some of these Fallout 4 mods are just crazy lol, Indonesian Rupiah. Which is kinda spot on because the currency is basically worthless even in the real world.

zkylon

zkylewd
was watching the just cause 3 quicklook

what's with open world games and terrible obnoxious supporting characters

i actually feel like that might be the one thing ass creed is the best at, da vinci was the fucking boss

but any other game i can think of, gta, rdr, sleepy dogs, just cause, few exceptions, but everyone you meet is an annoying idiot that you never want to see again.

i guess the other example of a game with a good supporting cast is the saboteur

that game was cool

i actually feel like that might be the one thing ass creed is the best at, da vinci was the fucking boss

but any other game i can think of, gta, rdr, sleepy dogs, just cause, few exceptions, but everyone you meet is an annoying idiot that you never want to see again.

that game was cool

The answer, as always, is the "witcha."

Three Gaverobbers in Shulva are ruining all the fun I had with that area. Ruining. They are garbage.
Hey, let's throw three super agile enemies at once so he needs summons. Oh, what did you say? Now their defenses is stupidly high and the fight just becomes tedious instead of challenging? Naaahhhh, let's do it anyway.
They fucked it up. Garbage-tier unfun "boss".

Just played the first scenario, it's pretty cool so far. Plenty of strategy options but you should probably play on hard as it's pretty easy on normal so far. There are heaps of "instant win" abilities and it was very easy to earn more than enough cash in the overland game to buy everything 3 times over.

In the final mission of the first scenario one of my "guys" was hit and near death and they popped demonic power (full heal and mega power) and used Golden Bullet (unmissable shot that passes though everything) to take out the boss in one shot. A little OP!

As for limited companions, that may just be due to the first scenario being a father/son tale. I know from videos that you can hire people later on and optional missions can result in further companions. There is even an achievement that requires you to use 30 different playable characters at least once, so it sounds like there is a large cast.

Also apparently the upcoming sales won't have dailies, just one price through the sales period but still with featured dailies for added exposure. So no more "Wait for the Dailies, you bastard" and now "Buy now you bastard!"

Sober

Even the devs have jumped ship on the PC version of Arkham Knight. Have you?

tl:dr There will be no SLI support for Arkham Knight.

We’ve been working with our development and graphics driver partners over the last few months to investigate utilizing multi-GPU support within Batman: Arkham Knight. The result was that even the best case estimates for performance improvements turned out to be relatively small given the high risk of creating new issues for all players. As a result we’ve had to make the difficult decision to stop work on further multi-GPU support. We are disappointed that this was not practical and apologize to those who have been waiting for this feature.

rtcn63

that game was cool

They don't want the protagonist (the audience identification figure) to get upstaged. Surrounding them with idiots just makes them seem that much more legit.

Also apparently the upcoming sales won't have dailies, just one price through the sales period but still with featured dailies for added exposure. So no more "Wait for the Dailies, you bastard" and now "Buy now you bastard!"
Monster game ruined everything.

Salsashark's motto is going to go moldy at this rate.

Just played the first scenario, it's pretty cool so far. Plenty of strategy options but you should probably play on hard as it's pretty easy on normal so far. There are heaps of "instant win" abilities and it was very easy to earn more than enough cash in the overland game to buy everything 3 times over.

In the final mission of the first scenario one of my "guys" was hit and near death and they popped demonic power (full heal and mega power) and used Golden Bullet (unmissable shot that passes though everything) to take out the boss in one shot. A little OP!

As for limited companions, that may just be due to the first scenario being a father/son tale. I know from videos that you can hire people later on and optional missions can result in further companions. There is even an achievement that requires you to use 30 different playable characters at least once, so it sounds like there is a large cast.

Wow, great impressions, thanks!
How is the weapon accuracy RNG compared to X-COM? And how deep is the RPG elements? Do weapon/gear management and skilltree exist?

That's...well...It might be a positive.

At least I can't be disappointed when game x on my wishlist doesn't get a daily.

Jawmuncher

Battlefront is that nice meal you get that is sadly still missing something.
It has all the pieces to be great, but just doesn't put them together the way it should.
Even with friends I haven't felt the game being more than alright. Really is something that is better off as a budget buy. The mexican origin buyers got in at a more fair price.

I hope with either the expansions or the next game. They try and give us more of the original Battlefront or try to be more like battlefield. This middle ground they are trying just kind of pleases no one. Everyone I have played with is basically saying "I wish this was like old battlefront". Dunno if anyone else's circles have been like that.

1. Control Point modes need to be large open maps, not this tug of war straight line nonsense.
2. Heroes need to be handled better. Too many times the other team is always finding tokens, while the other has nothing. If the Rebels get a hero, the empire should get a villain.
3. Vehicles being pick ups kind of takes away from their impact. Outside of the AT-STs you're better off ignoring air vehicles, since they really won't help with the match. There also needs to be more variety.
4. Classes need to come back, everyone just feels too similar. So most of the gameplay just turns into who shoots first.
5.Other game modes need some balancing. They can drag on for far too long, hero hunt being a good example.

All in all, a lot of my complaints really just fall back on wanting something more like Battlefront. DICE has the base there for something great, just hope that they listen to the feedback which seems to be pretty strong at this point.

Buraindo

Three Gaverobbers in Shulva are ruining all the fun I had with that area. Ruining. They are garbage.
Hey, let's throw three super agile enemies at once so he needs summons. Oh, what did you say? Now their defenses is stupidly high and the fight just becomes tedious instead of challenging? Naaahhhh, let's do it anyway.

Ahh! Good ol' gang of human enemies with ridiculous stamina, tracking attacks, inconsistent poise, impossible attack cancelling and ridiculous health bars made bosses. And one of them is cosplaying Havel! How could you not love it.
To be honest all the challenge areas and bosses in the DLC are pretty bad. Still unsure which one I dislike the most.

Full statement for those interested

Galdere on Steam said:
The Autumn "Black Friday\Exploration" sale is from November 25th 10AM PST til December 1st 10AM PST.

The Holiday sale is from December 22nd 10AM PST til Jan 4th 10AM PST.

From the steamworks developer group....

"In past sale events, we’ve asked for two discounts—a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page. This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we’re asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale.

We’ll still be highlighting top games on the front page for 24-48 hour spans, but those products will stay at their most competitive discount, before and after being featured. It’s not a major change, but it does make the sale a lot more valuable for customers, and it allows us to build sale tools that highlight and recommend products all sale long, instead of just during front page features."

Wow, great impressions, thanks!
How is the weapon accuracy RNG compared to X-COM? And how deep is the RPG elements? Do weapon/gear management and skilltree exist?

Weapon RNG actually feels pretty good so far, heaps and heaps of choices. Shotguns seem a little OP, huge range and sniper rifles a little limited due to the close in range penalties. Cover plays a huge role, an enemy out in the open is usually easy to hit and kill with one shot while someone entrenched in cover is harder to hit and takes less damage, flanking or even ricochet shots are very important.

The RPG system is more choice and consequence, gear does effect stats but there is no leveling I've seen. An example of choice:
very early on you go to the crossroads and are able to make a deal with the devil, I chose no, but I assume it goes differently if you do.

As for skilltrees, after every level you get cards that hold abilities. For example, a queen of hearts that gives a passive health boost, 10 of spades that means you are invisible during the day while not moving, the aforementioned golden bullet etc... Each comp has five card slots/their hand and if they combine the cards in such a way as the make a standard poker hand, 2 pair, a flush etc... they also get another passive boost.

I wonder if the "one sale" thing is due to refunds. There's a not-insignificant amount of people that buy things the moment they go on sale, rather than when they're dailies. This change will prevent such things from happening.

Khronico

Got my Clannad key.

0kBBfzz.gif

I watched the anime version and loved it so I was pretty excited to try out the VN. I only just recently saw what the actual game looks like.

100.gif

Maybe my opinion will change someday, but right now I don't think I could handle looking at that artstyle for the 50-60hrs that the VN apparently takes to finish.

That's definitely an interesting change. I wonder if they're just testing the waters with the Autumn sale and will go back to dailies/community choice votes for Winter or if they'll stick to this idea for at least the rest of this year.

What other tools can they be cooking up that help to highlight individual games?

That's definitely an interesting change. I wonder if they're just testing the waters with the Autumn sale and will go back to dailies/community choice votes for Winter or if they'll stick to this idea for at least the rest of this year.

What other tools can they be cooking up that help to highlight individual games?
Unique and fun holiday challenges that grant you achievements ;-;

Jawmuncher

Well will make it quite easier to know if the sale sucks or not.
Since we'll have all prices right out the gate. Though I still find it odd.
I would think Publishers would prefer to have two sale prices as well.
If anything I could see this meaning higher prices across the board.

A 48 75% discount sale seems nice with the rest of the time being 50% off.
Having that 75% off the entire time though might not be what they want though.
Thus I could see devs either sticking at 50% the entire time or only going up to 66%.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a ton of titles this sale not even going on sale for their lowest recorded.

Is that a new tag of yours?
Neat. :)

It was 12 AM here, and I rarely read midnight posts. My bad. :(

Probably not the tag he hoped for... but definitely the tag he deserves. :3

And you can read the midnight posts when you check the thread next time, man... skim the posts since you last visited so you don't miss out on things. ;)

I couldn't resist the opportunity to be a grumpy old man, sorry. The only reason I remembered it was because Rhaknar asked me about the game earlier and I recalled seeing a post about it being enjoyable when I skimmed posts earlier in the day.

Is that the group of humans fight in a cave?
Knowing your penchant for over leveling, I'm really not sure how you're having trouble with them solo.

You've beaten most of both of the souls games on PC at this point... and I know it wasn't all just power leveling until you could handle some of the tougher bosses... which makes me wonder what the problem is. :p

Niiiice.

but i like waiting for the dailies and the price mistakes that occur

We'll just get all the price mistakes at once! Imagine the overload of wrong prices going up... and the multitude of mistakes that might be made could make for more people having the chance to get in on it. ;)

I'm just happy I no longer have to play voting games for free sale cards (most likely) -- sometimes I hate having OCD tendencies. >:|

Jawmuncher

So yeah unless this sale proves otherwise, I would brace for disappointment. Hopefully feedback or lower sales data has them go back to the old formula, if this indeed isn't enticing.

That new sales system is kinda good tbh, but also bad at the same time.
Yeah, It seems that prices will be higher in overall.

Weapon RNG actually feels pretty good so far, heaps and heaps of choices. Shotguns seem a little OP, huge range and sniper rifles a little limited due to the close in range penalties. Cover plays a huge role, an enemy out in the open is usually easy to hit and kill with one shot while someone entrenched in cover is harder to hit and takes less damage, flanking or even ricochet shots are very important.

The RPG system is more choice and consequence, gear does effect stats but there is no leveling I've seen. An example of choice:
very early on you go to the crossroads and are able to make a deal with the devil, I chose no, but I assume it goes differently if you do.

As for skilltrees, after every level you get cards that hold abilities. For example, a queen of hearts that gives a passive health boost, 10 of spades that means you are invisible during the day while not moving, the aforementioned golden bullet etc... Each comp has five card slots/their hand and if they combine the cards in such a way as the make a standard poker hand, 2 pair, a flush etc... they also get another passive boost.

Sounds great overall!
I'm definitely keeping my eyes on it.

Probably not the tag he hoped for... but definitely the tag he deserves. :3

And you can read the midnight posts when you check the thread next time, man... skim the posts since you last visited so you don't miss out on things. ;)

I couldn't resist the opportunity to be a grumpy old man, sorry. The only reason I remembered it was because Rhaknar asked me about the game earlier and I recalled seeing a post about it being enjoyable when I skimmed posts earlier in the day.
|

Yeah, sometimes I do, but there's definitely some posts that I'll still be missing. I usually do that in the morning before work, but nowadays my morning chilling time is all taken by Fallout 4. :/

Locust

Seems like a pretty big change to me. I imagine where a game would have had a 50% discount and a 75% discount if it showed up as a daily or flash deal, it will most likely now just have a 50% discount for the duration of the sale.
I figure the main difference will be that less popular games will no longer be stuck at a lower discount all sale just because valve thought they weren't worth putting on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom