• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

But it has a window. Why would you want that? To be able to confirm that no component was stolen overnight or what?

You can get a window-less version. But it's still a bit ugly and too bulky imo (though by far not the worst, what are some case designers thinking?).

If your hard drives vibrate, then either your drive case screws are on too loosely or shoddy workmanship in the drive cage itself causing it. If it is the latter, I got a good lifehack that I use for my office PC's... Get one of those thick pencil erasers and a knife and wedge thin strips between the case joints that cause the vibration.

I've been using these since forever now, unfortunately many modern hard drives vibrate a lot despite being very quiet otherwise and I haven't found a case with a good enough decoupling to remove all vibrations.

Milamber

By not sleeping in the same room as my computer.

Blasphemy! I always got to have a PC next to my bed so I can easily reach for my Hentai games and movies. Having a swinging LCD mount is essential too.

I've been using these since forever now, unfortunately many modern hard drives vibrate a lot despite being very quiet otherwise and I haven't found a case with a good enough decoupling to remove all vibrations.

I think you are better off spending money on a quiet case than buying these individually per drive.

Ban Puncher

You can get a window-less version. But it's still an ugly, bulky case imo

Oh it is on now, mofo.

I got the white 600T case and it is easily the quietest, easy to work with, sufficient stock fans and BEAUTIFUL thing I have ever used to house computer components. Two friends and my brother were so ensnared by it's sheer exquisiteness that they had me build them new rigs that came in the same case.

Y'all need PC Case Jesus aka the Corsair 600T.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wouldn't be so hasty. The Rosewill MX2-B maybe the only case more beautiful than the Silverstone FT02.

That doesn't seem to exist here in Australia, haha. The FT02 does, but alas it's too small for my liking.

Edit:
erusa30upx.jpg

Thanks to Lego Spacestronaut for the assist.

dex3108

Interesting

Hey there, gamer.

As well as being able to earn GMG Credit with Playfire Rewards you can now earn exclusive discounts and offers.

By simply playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor you'll receive a 27% discount on the Season Pass! For those with a hardier disposition, we have a challenge for you: by completing Alien: Isolation you'll receive a 25% discount on the Season Pass.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Language packs should be made modular, as free DLC downloads or something. So that a steam user can select the languages required while downloading and have an option to set default language download for the steam profile too.

VO audio files usually take up a chunk of the game size overall, since past few years.
I agree. It's stupid that they aren't, storage space isn't unlimited.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
That doesn't seem to exist here in Australia, haha. The FT02 does, but alas it's too small for my liking.

Edit:
erusa30upx.jpg

Thanks to Lego Spacestronaut for the assist.

My pleasure! :)

You probably don't care about this, I asked eastasiasoft if they would bring Söldner-X: Himmersstürmer to Steam.
Got an answer that there is no plan for it :(

I would care, to bad that they have no plans for a Steam release...

I finally got my FF13 key from GMG and I was surprised that I couldn't start the pre-load from the web. The game doesn't even show up in my games list on the web or the mobile app yet. Is that basically a small oversight from Valve or is something wrong with the game activation?

JaseC

I finally got my FF13 key from GMG and I was surprised that I couldn't start the pre-load from the web. The game doesn't even show up in my games list on the web or the mobile app yet. Is that basically a small oversight from Valve or is something wrong with the game activation?

It's because the game hasn't released. It's something Valve could and should fix -- make a game publicly viewable upon pre-load status.

Knurek

So, how long do you think till we get "A Tale of Three Lightnings" mod, that combines all three FFXIII games into a single one?

Deques

So, how long do you think till we get "A Tale of Three Lightnings" mod, that combines all three FFXIII games into a single one?

You mean a game that is 180gb big?

I would care, to bad that they have no plans for a Steam release...

I am glad that I am not alone.

But it seems that if they were to re-release it they probably will use the PS3 which contains more stuff. Let's hope that they will bring it to Steam

madjoki

I give it a year before discount codes in their entirety are Playfire Rewards incentives.

This is what I'm afraid of.
I wonder if they also tone public discount codes down to make these look better?
Still if you're going to buy game coupon can be good too, most rewards are £0.1,
so more expensive games are better bought with coupons.

derExperte

I got the white 600T case

White, eh? I think we're done here.

I think you are better off spending money on a quiet case than buying these individually per drive.

Since you can use them forever it's a long term investment and in my experience no case is truly silent out of the box, there's always something to improve and hard drives are a bitch to keep quiet. But then I am really hard to please when it comes to noise, all my fans (which are basically hand picked and together cost more than most cases) including the one in the PSU run under 600rpm and I've sent SSDs back because they made barely noticeable crackling sounds during access. Love those new graphics cards that turn off their fans during idle btw.

Even
waiting for transport train
in Alien is scary, I'll rate it a 3spooky5me/10.

dat music. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but when I got in the train and turned around,the fucking Alien was right there.

reason why Turf cant use controllers

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9e19812287f48f59eefcf46fd88639cf/tumblr_nd408cN8pn1qfb5cjo8_250.gif[IMG]

at least he's a good looking dude I guess[/QUOTE]

at least you didn't post the other gif....

[quote="The Dear Leader, post: 133523924"]AMD Star Citizen codes are up![/QUOTE]

grrrr.....

I play games, but since a lot of them are either older or more obscure and not the ones that are currently popular, there's not really much point in me talking about them. I mean, shit, do you want to hear me talking about how much I've been enjoying Gyromancer? People would just skip over that and go back to discussing Alien: Isolation or Mordor or whatever. So I just don't see a point a lot of the time. *shrug*

If you don't post you'll never know, and certainly never turn the tide of the conversation.

Knurek

FFXIII selling almost 4 times as much copies as Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation...

I'm guessing FFX and FFX-2 ports soon?
(Squeenix, pls give FFXII IZJS).

FloatOn

True Detective is so good that it makes me not want to play video games.

It also reminds me of how good LA Noire could have been.

JaseC

So The Evil Within is locked on 30 FPS. This gen is really sad. The only things they are doing are remake, and "new" releases are pretty much a "small" improvement from old gen titles. And this reflects on PC too, of course.

There'll be a cvar to bump up the framerate to 60fps, it's just not "officially supported", a la Dead Rising 3.

Uzzy

FFXIII selling almost 4 times as much copies as Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation...

Great news. Hopefully we'll see the rest of the FF games on Steam soon, and perhaps other Japanese publishers looking at Steam for more ports.

Milamber

FFTactics, FFTactics, FFTactics, FFTactics, FFTactics!!!

And FF9 while you're at it.

Knurek

things like that makes you lose all faith in humanity

I've said it time and time again, I don't understand the rampant FF13 hate.
You think the story is bad? It seriously isn't really all that worse than any of the previous FF games was.
Linear corridors? Same with FF10, which everyone and their dog seems to love to death, laughing scene notwithstanding.
No input required during the fights? I'd say it requires more thought than FF12 did, and I personally was okay with the hands-off approach...
Did Lightning kill your mummy or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom