• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Death Ray Manta got cards.

Nzyme32

That Uncharted 4 900p/60 thread is interesting. Sad thing is that they had to downgrade graphics and resolution to hit 60FPS. Oh well maybe one day we will pay it in 4K/144 on PS4 PC emulator :D

More amusing is the hypocrisy of some of the comments saying it's fine, when those same people happily fellate each other if this is an Xbox is issue. Quite honestly there really shouldn't be any complaining. For the hardware of those machines, they do a decent job. If people want options, obviously consoles are no the place for that

dex3108

More amusing is the hypocrisy of some of the comments saying it's fine, when those same people happily fellate each other if this is an Xbox is issue. Quite honestly there really shouldn't be any complaining. For the hardware of those machines, they do a decent job. If people want options, obviously consoles are no the place for that

That is standard on GAF as far as i noticed.

Dr Dogg

So hang on U4 has SP at 1920x1080@30 but MP at 1600x900@60? Yeah like that's not going to be jarring in the slightest.

£49.99! Get lost Ubi

Ubisoft were the first to jack their prices up over here on Steam about, oohh 2 years ago. Which was quite odd as not only were they more expensive than retail but surprisingly absent from Steam for some reason no one knows why and not in any way to do with some bag of bollocks retail chain. And more often than not Uplay is exactly the same price so it's not like they're trying to drive traffic to their own service. It's almost like they don't want to sell PC games in the UK. Still I'm betting on it being an Nvidia promo game and being online only everything is going to have to go through Uplay regardless unless something sensible happens (bwhahahahahaha).

I think I found my Halloween game, I'm going to play Stubbs The Zombie.

Edit: Or not, because this game basically doesn't run on Windows 7 and none of the fixes I've tried so far work.

AHA-Lambda

^urgh, still too expensive for my tastes =/

and even then, despite always having an eye on it, this has not had a good reception here if I recall.

Haunted

and even then, despite always having an eye on it, this has not had a good reception here if I recall.
It's a solid, modern third person melee combat game in the vein of the Souls games.

If you've played all of the Souls games available and want more, I'd recommend it.

Hektor

Its one of my most regrettable purchases of recent time.
Even the lightest characters are very slow, the dialogue and story is awful and far more intrusive then in Dark Souls, the leveldesign was boring, the shaky cam headache inducing and it was far to buggy for a game that was like already half a year old as i played it.

Maybe i just made the mistake of comparing it to much to the Souls games and should've looked at the game on its own, but i personally wouldnt recommend it.

MUnited83

For you.
Well Beyond is one of, if not the, best looking games on the PS3. Considering it's all real time, granted letterboxed so about a third of the vertical resolution chopped off and the framerate goes to shit when the Crisis-like thingies are swarming about but some of those scene in the lab and towards the end were fucking jaw dropping considering they were coming out of a PS3. As a game overall? Eh it had potential but the story threads and choices in Heavy Rain were more my cup of tea.
Fun fact actually: the black bars actually are not an effect of chopping off resolution. Turns out that the game actually renders completely at a 16:9. The black bars are effectively cosmetic and removing them is trivial on CFW PS3.

As for the game : I personally thought it was the best thing David Cage has written yet. I mean, yeah, that doesn't mean much of course, but I think its better written than Heavy Rain/ Fahrenheit and also a lot more consistent throughout the game as well. Sadly as a game it was worse, with much less focus on choices/consequences and the ones that were there never felt like they had a satisfying resolution. Overall I prefer Beyond as I find the story more engaging.

MUnited83

For you.
Its one of my most regrettable purchases of recent time.
Even the lightest characters are very slow, tê dialogue and story is awful and far more intrusive then in Dark Souls, the leveldesign was boring, the shaky cam headache inducing and it was far to buggy for a game that was like already half a year old as i played it.

Maybe i just made the mistake of comparing it to much to the Souls games and should've looked at the game on its own, but i personally wouldnt recommend it.
Yeeeep. That's about my take on it as well. O really really wanted to like it, but it just misses the mark in so much stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do we get any hints?

Well I don't think it's much of a secret that one of the projects I've been working on is a clicker game based on Idle Master. Unlike most "cookie clicker" type clones, each click will in-game "simulate" a certain amount of time passing. So rather than waiting for hours on end, you can unlock in-game Trading Cards by clicking, then sell those to either buy more games to idle or to purchase upgrades that make the process faster / more efficient. My ultimate goal would be to be able to release on Steam with workshop support, where users could submit their own game names and trading card images to be used in-game. It's kind of ambitious and I'm currently the only person working on development so I don't even have a clue as to when it will be ready to even put on Greenlight.

The other project I'm working on is an RPG Maker MV title, but I've paired up with a great pixel artist and it's a good match. She's handling all of the sprites / artwork / animations while I'm taking care of all the coding, event scripting, etc. This is the game that will be ramping up production soon and hopefully I'll have more to show when it's ready for Greenlight in a couple of month's time.

Something's terribly wrong with Idle Master. Seems playtime has frozen so I can't even idle.

Have you tried restarting your computer / Steam?

You misspelled "keys"

Im kidding

I'm sure a few lucky Modbot winners around here will be happy if these games ever make their way on to Steam :D

Well I don't think it's much of a secret that one of the projects I've been working on is a clicker game based on Idle Master. Unlike most "cookie clicker" type clones, each click will in-game "simulate" a certain amount of time passing. So rather than waiting for hours on end, you can unlock in-game Trading Cards by clicking, then sell those to either buy more games to idle or to purchase upgrades that make the process faster / more efficient. My ultimate goal would be to be able to release on Steam with workshop support, where users could submit their own game names and trading card images to be used in-game. It's kind of ambitious and I'm currently the only person working on development so I don't even have a clue as to when it will be ready to even put on Greenlight.

Sounds neat.

The other project I'm working on is an RPG Maker MV title, but I've paired up with a great pixel artist and it's a good match. She's handling all of the sprites / artwork / animations while I'm taking care of all the coding, event scripting, etc. This is the game that will be ramping up production soon and hopefully I'll have more to show when it's ready for Greenlight in a couple of month's time.

Sounds HOT! Does your wife know?

next game...Enhanced Steam: The Game - Enchanted Edition

browser game that only works in Chrome

Hektor

Fun fact actually: the black bars actually are not an effect of chopping off resolution. Turns out that the game actually renders completely at a 16:9. The black bars are effectively cosmetic and removing them is trivial on CFW PS3.

As for the game : I personally thought it was the best thing David Cage has written yet. I mean, yeah, that doesn't mean much of course, but I think its better written than Heavy Rain/ Fahrenheit and also a lot more consistent throughout the game as well. Sadly as a game it was worse, with much less focus on choices/consequences and the ones that were there never felt like they had a satisfying resolution. Overall I prefer Beyond as I find the story more engaging.

One of the things that irk me the most about Cage's writting is how he isnt able to retain a consistent tone throughout his games.

All his games start out rather authentic and believable despite some hocus pocus like ghosts, but then in the latter half always go batshit insane, the worst example of it beeing Fahrenheit in its entirety and the
waterbase/Apocalpyse
part of B:TS.

In addition to that always inserts twists into his game, for the sole purpose of having a twist and often isnt very subtle with his characters.

He really, desperately needs a proper co-author to flesh out the execution and to to prevent him from the insane ideas he got imho.

He could really make amazing games if he would up his writing skills, but i get the impression from his conference speeches that he thinks he doesnt need to learn anything at all anymore.

€: Speaking about that: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1130624

Monooboe

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see more.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2Dark is a horror stealth game from Alone in the Dark's designer

Frédérick Raynal, creator of the original Alone in the Dark, is embarking on another horror game: 2Dark. Tremendously bad name aside, it actually looks rather intriguing.

Instead of fighting the world of the supernatural, a la Alone in the Dark, the hero, Mr. Smith, must contend with serial killers, as he attempts to rescue unfortunate children from their murderous clutches.

That means a lot of sneaking around dark and creepy mansions, on the lookout for captured kiddies. The goal isn’t to survive or escape, it’s to ensure that the kids survive.

As far as I can tell, this is the first time Raynal has tried his hand at a horror game since the original Alone in the Dark, which launched way back through the mists of times – 1992.

Lomax

These remixed bosses in RL can go die in a fire.

Oh those remix bosses are so bad they actually retroactively diminished my prior enjoyment of the game. They completely go against the entire design principle of the game, and they ruined my 100% achievements. I quit playing the day after they added them and never went back.

So we pray the forget. I remember they left the Shadow Warrior Coupon alone.

Yeah, here's hoping, especially since they seem to like to discount Shadow Warrior 90% to $4, I'd love to pick it up for a dollar. Even if I'm still slightly afraid of the game as the demo was the final straw that killed my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom