• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

tPaIEsF.jpg

HLepZ0y.jpg

games that came out in September :

Everspace
- More_Badass
Are you bored of long space flights? Has landing on oddly similar looking planets gotten old? Sick of trading and just want to blow shit up? Then Everspace might just be the game for you. Kickstarted last year, Everspace brings fast-paced arcade space combat to Early Access. Pirate bases, lightning storms, massive capital ships, debris fields, and other procedurally generated locales offer gorgeous backdrops for hectic battles, and various ships, weapons, and upgrades to craft let you develop your own playstyle. A linear story-driven campaign, additional ships, and dynamic cockpit views are coming later in Early Access

Event[0]
- More_Badass
If you’re familiar with the 2005 indie game Facade, you might be excited for Event[0]. Much like that freeware classic, Event[0] is a narrative-driven sci-fi game where you type your own responses and queries rather than choosing pre-written choices. And the game will talk back, because Event[0] is a story of being trapped on a mysterious station controlled by an AI that will react and respond to your tone and comments. Building your relationship with this AI is crucial to learning more about the game’s world and explore more of the ship.

Sorcery 4
- More_Badass
Three years in the making, inkle’s Sorcery saga is finally coming to a close. Each digital adaptation has expanded and evolved Steve Jackson’s classic gamebooks in new and more complex ways, and The Crown of Kings is no different. From the 3D world of the Mampang fortress, to the new disguise system that changes how and who you can interact with, new forms of magic, Sorcery 4 promises over 500,000 words of secrets, monsters, side stories, and an epic finale to the fantasy quadrilogy[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising
- Grief.exe
Though Dead Rising may seem like a simple, mindless game when you first pick it up, it eventually reveals itself as a deeper experience. Tons of extras are packed into Willamette's shops, there are magazine power-ups and special drink mixes to be brewed, lots of clothing combinations, countless pictures to be taken and plenty of NPCs to be saved. The game provides an incentive for every aspect, making each worth pursuing. It's a game that somehow remains cohesive despite having so many seemingly unrelated elements. The save system means you're going to be playing through the 72 Hour and Overtime modes multiple times, but at least along the way you'll level up, get the best ending, nab more achievements, and get better scores. ...After several times through it's impossible to deny the appeal inherent in slaughtering Willamette's zombified shoppers.

October onward:

Thumper
- More_Badass
From former Harmonix talent, comes this mad rush of self-described "rhythm violence". Thumper is a slick stylish spectacle of color and movement and sound, as your chrome beetle dodges, grinds, and smashes to the beat through a hellish soundscape

Manual Samuel
- pantsattack
Manual Samuel - Play a grown up rich boy who has a run in with Death and has to manually control his body through an entire day in order to sruvive. Take Samuel through his day of mundane and not so activities as he flops in hilarious 2D QWOP-like animation avoiding traffic climbing stairs to even more mundane activities like brushing his teeth a-la WarioWare. Moknkey Island meets Weekend at Bernies meets Enviro-Bear 2000. Don't forget to breathe! The game features a local CO-OP mode where two players control different parts of Samuel, and a time attack mode which I hope pops up during the next Games Done Quick.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
- MRORANGE
The game that GAF likes to shit on but still gets universal praise.

DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
- MRORANGE
Over 9000!

DARK SOUL III - Ashes of Ariandel
- MRORANGE
Like Skyrim but no open world, no first person view and less polished.

Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI
- MRORANGE
The game most likely to make you: get fired, drop out of school or lose your partner...

MAFIA III
- MRORANGE
GTA clone, publisher should sue.

Aragami
- MRORANGE
Indie game of the month, probably.

Shadow Warror 2
- MRORANGE
Ninjas with guns or something.

Friday the 13th: The Game
- MRORANGE
Reboot of the NES classic.

THdtbRc.jpg
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
6DGEBFt.jpg
6DGEBFt.jpg
anvsCf6.jpg

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

Grief.exe

Like the new two month recommendation format. It's so easy to miss games on Steam these days that we should go to that permanently.

Sch1sm

It's not anti-Canada though :)

"This game is region locked and will only activate in Europe, Africa, middle East and Canada."

Last thread locked, but I wanted you to know I wasn't talking activation. More than GBP 30 is ridiculous Canadian. $50 Canadian, not to mention how PayPal robs me on the conversion. And I wouldn't play it right away, so I'll wait. :p

----

Obligatory new thread smell.

MRORANGE

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

modbot linked btw!

giphy.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow! I think this is the first time I've seen "OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE" on a AAA title.

Backlogger

Great OP and dat new thread smell

Games I'd like to play this weekend if life/work allows:

Doom
Rocket League
Fallout 4 Nuka Cola World
GoW UE

Edit: Oh, and looking forward to Skyrim. Come at me bros!

Set in recommendation for Thumper

ECf5QjL.png

Played the demo way back in January, and it was so good. I usually don't have any interest in rhythm/music games but Thumper is something special (and gorgeous)

MRORANGE

On a serious note, two more recommendations from gaffers have been added to the OP:

October onward:

Thumper
- More_Badass
From former Harmonix talent, comes this mad rush of self-described "rhythm violence". Thumper is a slick stylish spectacle of color and movement and sound, as your chrome beetle dodges, grinds, and smashes to the beat through a hellish soundscape

Manual Samuel
- pantsattack
Manual Samuel - Play a grown up rich boy who has a run in with Death and has to manually control his body through an entire day in order to sruvive. Take Samuel through his day of mundane and not so activities as he flops in hilarious 2D QWOP-like animation avoiding traffic climbing stairs to even more mundane activities like brushing his teeth a-la WarioWare. Moknkey Island meets Weekend at Bernies meets Enviro-Bear 2000. Don't forget to breathe! The game features a local CO-OP mode where two players control different parts of Samuel, and a time attack mode which I hope pops up during the next Games Done Quick.

Volimar

I just don't understand how you can enjoy Friday the 13th. Yay I'm slaughtering teenagers! The livestream of people playing it was so awkward.

Ok so last thread locked five minutes after I posted this, time to repost I guess:

So, noticed Witcher 3 is on sale for $27 as part of Valve's "Please remember Steam Hardware, please. Anyone?" Sale. I probably will pick it up since I intend to get all three of the games, but I must ask:

Are playing the first two sitting in my backlog for ages now (Like seriously, before TW3 even came out) a necessity before jumping in?

bbd23

I wonder what horror game im going to start this year and then not finish due to being a giant wuss

Jawmuncher

Ok so last thread locked five minutes after I posted this, time to repost I guess:

So, noticed Witcher 3 is on sale for $27 as part of Valve's "Please remember Steam Hardware, please. Anyone?" Sale. I probably will pick it up since I intend to get all three of the games, but I must ask:

Are playing the first two sitting in my backlog for ages now (Like seriously, before TW3 even came out) a necessity before jumping in?

Nah. I even played 2 before 3, forgot All about it and was fine for 3.

I just don't understand how you can enjoy Friday the 13th. Yay I'm slaughtering teenagers! The livestream of people playing it was so awkward.
Ever play an asymmetrical multiplayer game or enjoyed a slasher movie? And the thrill isn't slaughtering teenagers, just like the fun of GTA isn't "yay, I'm massacring civilians"

One half is a team-based stealth game. The other is like playing the Predator in AvP, as in you're an overpowered force of nature.

derExperte

Seeing reports of Gears 4 disappearing from accounts.

Also if someone has a leftover Forza key.... seems they're cancelling orders and I haven't gotten mine yet.

EdmondD

Set in recommendation for Thumper

ECf5QjL.png

Played the demo way back in January, and it was so good. I usually don't have any interest in rhythm/music games but Thumper is something special (and gorgeous)

It must be mind blowing in VR. This game and Rez are some of the games I would most like to try in VR.

yuraya

Oct looks to be a pretty big month for games. Lots of stuff coming out. Also Titanfall 2 and BF1 later in the month.

I'm getting the DS3 dlc for sure and maybe BF1. Might pick up some other shit that reviews really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom