• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam |OT| Blessed By Gabeth

GeekyDad

Ugh, it's fucking killing me! Shadow Tactics is 90% off again, but my computer can't even come close to playing it. I know I should just buy it for that eventual day when I upgrade my PC, but that literally could be a couple of years from now (I've got medical expenses up the wazoo, not to mention my taxes bent me over hard this year as well). I know it's only $4, but I hate to just have it sit there.

Ugh, it's fucking killing me! Shadow Tactics is 90% off again, but my computer can't even come close to playing it. I know I should just buy it for that eventual day when I upgrade my PC, but that literally could be a couple of years from now (I've got medical expenses up the wazoo, not to mention my taxes bent me over hard this year as well). I know it's only $4, but I hate to just have it sit there.
I've bought games for my Pops that I plan on gifting him whenever he finally gets a computer. Which is annoying too as they got rid of the traditional "Gift" storage of old, so even if I see a sale I can't really stock up on stuff to give him. I have years worth of shit to give him and it doesn't seem like he'll join the club any time soon. At least they let me keep all my gifts I have accumulated though. I'm sure that game will go on sale or even have a free to own giveaway at some point. I keep an eye at the start of every weekend on the r/gamedeals subreddit and get all the free games that devs will some times make available for specific times. Accumulated a ton of mediocre/free games from there and the occasional gem.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

What y'all been playing on glorious steam lately?
Been trying to give Death Stranding a fair shake for like the 3rd time, but it's hard for me to have more than an hour or two at MOST for a single session having a 10 mos. old baby, and these goddamn cutscenes are nearly 30 mins. at a time sometimes so by the time I actually get a chance to start playing, the baby is up from a nap or needs my attention otherwise. One day I'll maybe finish this damn game. Other than that, got Prodeus and Mr. Shifty installed for a quick session when I get a minute. Would love to play through Day's Gone or the upcoming Biomutant, but can't really be spending superfluously at the moment.

Last edited:

Sentenza

In th last few days alone:

- a third go with the Baldur’s Gate 3 early access.

- I went back to an old campaign I left unfinished with Pathfinder Kingmaker as warm up for its upcoming sequel.

- I tried for the third time to force myself to stick with Horizon Zero Dawn, but there seems to be no way around the fact that this game bores the shit out of me.

Anyone into Papers, Please?

That looks awesome! I ADORED Papers, Please and found myself drinking Vodka and using a shitty russian accent when playing it. My wife would get so annoyed when that Papers, Please intro music would start as she KNEW what was coming next. The game was strangely addicting and depressing at the same time.

Mind Scanners looks to very much channel that game too. One to keep and eye on for sure. Thanks for bringing it up, one to add to the list.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been plowing through Tales of Berseria still, but really soaking in all the (well voiced) dialog. Also mastering all the equipment which is turning out to be perhaps a fool's errand.

Awesome game though, 35 hours in and from the looks of walkthroughs and such I'm about 3/5ths of the way through the game.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Been plowing through Tales of Berseria still, but really soaking in all the (well voiced) dialog. Also mastering all the equipment which is turning out to be perhaps a fool's errand.

Awesome game though, 35 hours in and from the looks of walkthroughs and such I'm about 3/5ths of the way through the game.
I need to get back to that one. I enjoyed what I played if it. I love tales games as a rule.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gonna throw out a recommendation for Monster Train. This game is just awesome.

Currently $14.99 on Fanatical, redeems on Steam

If you like Slay the Spire, you'll love this game. Actually, I like it tons more than StS. Roguelike deckbuilding card game with a tower defense twist. Crazy good. The new DLC is also very, very good.

New stuff going into or coming out of Early Access. Seems like Graven is a bit of a disappointment based on reviews though.

ss_e576236ea0ffd8f13e8750f0757bd77c12622bca.1920x1080.jpg

ss_85393833dcb09e4fb9fa11562bc660b7be394c27.1920x1080.jpg

ss_4f1f86b25d78719ed48e74a5bcb8e27ee778a5ef.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Pcgaf question. I'm updating my computer and giving the hand me down stuff to my kids. I have a steam and epic Games account with a few hundred games between them. Can I install the clients on each of the systems to share with the kids? And still keep it? It will be going from one install to 3.

CitizenZ

Banned
Pcgaf question. I'm updating my computer and giving the hand me down stuff to my kids. I have a steam and epic Games account with a few hundred games between them. Can I install the clients on each of the systems to share with the kids? And still keep it? It will be going from one install to 3.

You can easily family share on Steam with up to 10 devices, but not sure how Epic works. I dont think anyone knows. : /

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I hope it will be as successful as Epic Store someday.

I would like to thank Gabe Newell for regional pricing policy, which almost ended piracy in my country.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does steam send you an email or notification if a game on your wishlist goes on sale? I've never used the feature before...

hemo memo

Gold Member
Hi everyone. I don’t know if this should be here but it’s Steam related. My apologies if it doesn’t. I’m new to Steam and PC gaming and I have a question.

I believe P3Reload is banned in my Steam store region. The exact error when trying to visit the game page on Steam is (This item is currently unavailable in your region).
Now when visiting CDKeys the game shows that it can be activated in my region with a Global steam code.

So in short, for the people who have tried, if a game is unavailable in your steam region, will a steam code work?

Futaleufu

Hi everyone. I don’t know if this should be here but it’s Steam related. My apologies if it doesn’t. I’m new to Steam and PC gaming and I have a question.

I believe P3Reload is banned in my Steam store region. The exact error when trying to visit the game page on Steam is (This item is currently unavailable in your region).
Now when visiting CDKeys the game shows that it can be activated in my region with a Global steam code.

So in short, for the people who have tried, if a game is unavailable in your steam region, will a steam code work?

For some reason the Railroad Tycoon games arent available in my region but I was able to get them with a global steam code. Your mileage may vary.

I really want to play Rogue Trader but I feel like it still probably has a ton of bugs being that it's a CRPG and it's still probably better to wait. Any of ya'll have opinions?

Top Bottom