• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam reaches new 18.5 million concurrent users peak, 47 million daily active users and 90 million per month.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/23/steam-18-5-million-concurrent-users-peak/

At the Melbourne Games Week, two developers from Valve – Kristian Miller and Sean Jenkin – revealed in a talk that Steam’s record for peak concurrent users now stands at 18.5 million.

Of course, when the concurrent numbers are this high, you can imagine engagement to be astronomical. According to the pair, Steam has 47 million daily active users, or 90 million per month.

Those users make about 1.6 million purchases on the store each month.

Related

Last edited:

magnumpy

well fallout 76 is using something else, I think steam has hit its maximum :/

that is, if big games will continue to just skip steam. we'll have to see I guess

Last edited:

CuNi

well fallout 76 is using something else, I think steam has hit its maximum :/

that is, if big games will continue to just skip steam. we'll have to see I guess

I think steam will actually gain if more and more companies skip steam. When I talk to most of my friends and gaming buddies, the more launchers get released the more pissed they are and more and more say Fuck it and ditch all other launchers and stick to steam.

I feel the same. When it was origin and steam, it was okay.. But now since Blizzard slowly creeps up its own launcher, Ubisoft has one, EA has one, gog builds one.. Too much man.

-MD-

I think steam will actually gain if more and more companies skip steam. When I talk to most of my friends and gaming buddies, the more launchers get released the more pissed they are and more and more say Fuck it and ditch all other launchers and stick to steam.

I feel the same. When it was origin and steam, it was okay.. But now since Blizzard slowly creeps up its own launcher, Ubisoft has one, EA has one, gog builds one.. Too much man.

While it is super annoying having to use so many launchers, if the game speaks to me enough I'll go through whatever hoops I have to.

That said, if I'm not all in on a game and it's exclusive to Uplay or some other launcher it's unlikely I'll ever buy it, on steam I'd probably eventually pick it up.

Larxia

I'm really not a fan of other launchers either.
I saw a lot of people here not understanding that complaint, because just launching another launcher exe isn't much efforts, but it's not just about that, it's more about liking having everything in one account, with all your friends, all your usual steam features, that game being part of your steam profile etc...
At least Uplay games can still be bought on steam and played through steam, even though there is the Uplay overlap.

I'm likely to skip a game if it's not on steam, unless it's really something I want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom