• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam security issue revealed personal info to other users on XMas Day (fixed)

jariw

I get the same issue. I'm seeing other peoples profiles and get random languages appearing on the pages... This is crazy!!!

Vuze

fyi: If you use paypal like I do for steam payments, you can go into your paypal account settings, then click preapproved payments, and find the one for Valve, and then cancel it.
Can you link me to the settings page please? Can't find it on the German PayPal site :(

GbmlU6s.png

GFWenYF.png

QzZAcQG.png

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I haven't even been able to log onto my account details for the past 30-60 min, just keep getting communication errors.

This is interesting. I'm getting orenasaf on the mobile app, but that is actually opening an old version of the Steam app altogether within the new Steam app

Yazzees

You'd think they'd have a killswitch for something like this. Actually, that's probably why the store isn't loading properly?

StayDead

Valve need to pull the plug. Seems they've pulled the plug on account access, but they need to pull the plug on purchasing like right now.

I get the same 3 account names.

Luckily my card requires you punch in the 3 digit verification number on the back of the card, so that's not a problem, but my friend just an hour ago gave me a 20$ wallet code. Shit.

Edit: probably shouldn't post the account names, my bad.

Yikes. Mine pulled up someone else too.

Yep... contact email, last four phone #, $0 wallet amount etc. Don't worry whoever, I have selective dementia.

Makes me happy I haven't yet done any purchases on my Steam account. I would be screwed in trying to get my debit card off. Seems like a few people here have already had charges added to their cards. It's well past time to shut down the servers.

I can log in to steam itself but the store page has me logged out like i'm viewing it in a web browser, hopefully everything is ok with my account.

Burbeting

Banned
This is interesting. I'm getting xxx on the mobile app, but that is actually opening an old version of the Steam app altogether within the new Steam app

I get xxx too.

Except now my whole steam crashed, and is unavailable.

//removed the nick, I think it's not super wise to post them out loud.

Starting to finally get errors on some features. Hopefully that means they are shutting shit down.

No transactions on my CC yet.

red731

Just clicked to delete my CC details, page changed to different profile name and changed language -

Cuenta de wikixd12

Vamphuntr

They cannot have your full CC info but they do have the last 4 numbers which a number of scammers used to social engineer CSR before so let's panic I guess.

Grief.exe

I get account_name1, account_name2, account_name3.

Luckily my card requires you punch in the 3 digit verification number on the back of the card, so that's not a problem, but my friend just an hour ago gave me a 20$ wallet code. Shit.

Yikes. Mine pulled up someone named account_name
Yep... contact email, last four phone #, $0 wallet amount etc. Don't worry bamf, I have selective dementia.

Stop posting account names. It's a pointless security risk that is completely avoidable.

@NinjamicWZ, I was seeing the same account though.

I just got an email from valve regarding purchase info on my account.

edit: someones keep buying random games and stuff under my account.

how's that even happening considering I can't even load the login page.

Are the accounts making purchases not protected by the mobile app?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I see this thing is giving Konami a run for its money for Blunder of the Year.

Thank God I've got Steam Guard on and don't seem to be on the radar of the people using other people's accounts, but holy shit, this is scary as fuck. Valve needs to sort this shit out now.

Wanderer5

Fuck, I can't even get into my account to remove my details.

Yeah same too, crap.:/ Just getting error on account details.

Now I can get in, and I see a email and phone number that ain't mine. I better delete my card info (through probably too late).:/ Oh wait it a different card, OMG.

Top Bottom