• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Spring Sale is Now Live - Steam Deck is 10% Off until March 23

Shifty1897

I've had my eye on Nier Automata. I'm currently watching the anime and really enjoying it. I once tried the game and the first tutorial boss made me rage quit. Should I give the game another try (is the entire game that hard?!) or should I just continue watching the anime? I see that the game doesn't seem to go on sale that often...
You should get it, the story gets progressively more crazy as you play, by the time you start the third campaign you're screaming at the monitor in sorrow. The tutorial isn't too bad, just get used to dodging at the last second and use the counter attack to dish out huge damage, and know when to use your pod's machine gun/laser. Turn up that music loud!

Holammer

Put in bit over 2 hours into Little Noah and it's a treat. Looks like a f2p gacha presentation wise with excellent illustrations and style, but it's actually a competent roguelike with a good sense of progression as you upgrade your hub area between runs.
The art is quite striking and it turns out to be the work of Akihiko Yoshida. The man worked on the chara design aspects of a bunch of classic Square games, so no wonder you feel all sorts of vibes, especially to Bravely Default.

99A9FAAEC67FD3204DE404B2F623208BE30E38E0

Dialogue changes with each new try, I fucked a second time on this boss, back at the hub area an NPC explained how to defeat it and now I'm horribly embarrassed.

Pejo

Grabbed some games sorted by high user ratings. Instead of scraping the 75-80% barrel.
Dave the Diver is still in a very successful Early Access, so 20% off is plenty.

I've been putting off Banner of the Maid for a while, think I'll nab it at that price.

Put in bit over 2 hours into Little Noah and it's a treat. Looks like a f2p gacha presentation wise with excellent illustrations and style, but it's actually a competent roguelike with a good sense of progression as you upgrade your hub area between runs.
The art is quite striking and it turns out to be the work of Akihiko Yoshida. The man worked on the chara design aspects of a bunch of classic Square games, so no wonder you feel all sorts of vibes, especially to Bravely Default.

Dialogue changes with each new try, I fucked a second time on this boss, back at the hub area an NPC explained how to defeat it and now I'm horribly embarrassed.

Dang, this looks cool. BUT, I really hate roguelikes/rogue-likes. Hmm...

Also, Gotham Knights is already at $23. it looks like a game that isn't great but I'd still have fun with. Don't have time to play it right now though, and I'm sure it'll go lower in future sales. Still a crazy drop considering it just came out 5 months ago.

Dr.Morris79

Has anyone got The crew working on the Deck? Bought it in the sale but it's shitting the bed on the Uplay login?

Keeps saying it's 'offline' and failing. Load of shit.

Codes 208

Ugh, i still need to fix my deck. My dumbass inadvertently got it ran over last month and ive already bought most of the replacement parts, i just need to buy a new front plate and screen and start the repairs

Codes 208

Has anyone got The crew working on the Deck? Bought it in the sale but it's shitting the bed on the Uplay login?

Keeps saying it's 'offline' and failing. Load of shit.
Its because of the anti-cheat software ubisoft used. Same reason why games like destiny 2 and halo mcc dont work on the deck

Last edited:

MikeM

I caved- bought Lego Harry Potter bundle for me and my daughter to co-op, and FFVII Crisis Core.

Dr.Morris79

Its because of the anti-cheat software ubisoft used. Same reason why games like destiny 2 and halo mcc dont work on the deck
Ah crap. I was hoping it wasnt so. Most other UBI stuff works. Bloody typical, refund it is then!

I just wanted a good open world racer on the Deck that isnt Forza and TDU 2 doesnt work either.

Poop.

sedg87

Banned
Anyone able to recommend any horror games that are cheap?

Got my eye on Inside and Vampire Survivors.

AndrewRyan

Picked up some DLC for Ride 4 and Pinball FX3. Have all the tables from I want from fx3 now except for maybe Indiana Jones. Also tried a bizzaro game called NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans for $1.79, lol.

Anyone able to recommend any horror games that are cheap?

Got my eye on Inside and Vampire Survivors.
Haven't played it but reviews are good for Blasphemous for $6.24.

The Cat Lady is on sale! I played it awhile back but it’s nice to have it on steam.

Great game but hard to recommend to a lot of people due to the really dark subject matter.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Picked up Warhammer 40k: Chaosgate for 50% off. Looking forward to digging into it. I've been curious about it for some time now.

RaptorGTA

That's a pretty great they discounted the Deck itself for the sale. If anyone is on the fence about buying one , get it.
I am still unsure on buying one. I use my Switch a lot. Play on PC here and there. But I'd like to be able to play othet titles on Uplay and EA. Last I had seen..that didn't seem to work well on the steamdeck.

OZ9000

Banned
The Callisto Protocol was £50 for the last 4 months on Steam. For this steam sale, they raised the price to £70 and slapped on a discount to bring the price back down to £50.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
Since this post they've corrected the 'discount' - starting price £50, now discounted at £35.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I picked up Yakuza: Like A Dragon (the version with most of the DLC). I hear it's good, but I've only ever played about 30 minutes of Yakuza 0 before getting bored.

Did I fuck up?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
No Artifact though, so does it really have any value?

Also, you get Half-Life Source which is way inferior to Black Mesa which is not included, so it isn't really the complete Valve package.
Valve didn't make Black Mesa though.

Anyone new to Steam wanting the L4D & Portal games etc, now's the time.
Ricochet too. :messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Historical low for this game. Its Steam Deck Verified.

Basically JRPG meets restaurant sim. With all its DLC included it goes for around $12.

Other games that could potentially interest Steam Deck owners

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Here's a pick from me that plays well on the Deck.

Historical low and also not available on key shops.
This game reminds me of Distance. Has native linux version and is deck verified.

Game is older and devs don't work on it anymore, HOWEVER, it has tons of user-made levels, and to this day there's a new user level practically every day.

drotahorror

This game reminds me of Distance. Has native linux version and is deck verified.

Game is older and devs don't work on it anymore, HOWEVER, it has tons of user-made levels, and to this day there's a new user level practically every day.
Yeah I love Distance. It’s definitely a similar game in terms of the world is out to kill you.

I would add that neodash is very optimized for the steam deck. Buttery 60 and using only like 8 watt tdp. That’s with all medium settings.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I wishlisted a ton of stuff that I was going to get around buying today only to realize the sale ended at 1pm lol, wallet safe then, jokes on you Gabe!

Not really, I want my games ahhh

Eric Andre GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom