• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Anyone here played Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2?

Wondering if I should grab this as well. The meta score isn't too great, but how does it play as a sniping game? Does it require you to really think and strategize the shot or is it like another mindless fps?

These cards are crazy I just started got one for buying and one for playing Triple Town and already sold both seconds after listing... lol Every time I get a card I say wooohoo and list it for cheapest on the market or a penny more. Let someone else chase the rabbit.:)

Triple Town is alot better than the iOS version. I refused to play FTL first as I may not leave according to what everyone says.

My damage so far:
FTL $2.49
Surgeon Simulator 2013 $3.39
Puzzle Quest 2 $2.49
Triple Town $3.99
The Walking Dead $6.24

Debating on Chivalry, the free weekend was fun.. Is it still active MP? Tomb Raider would be a instant buy but im half through it on 360.
Don't even bother going a penny under the list price. Go at the list price or even a penny above and youll sell easy.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I guess you could say Cloudius had...

HIS POKER FACE ON

jOK2Ulv.gif

I'm slightly disappointed with Bad Rats, it's not nearly as terrible as I was hoping. Sure, it's a bad game, the interface is terrible, the physics engine makes everything really fiddly, and the levels are far too simplistic. But I'm not sure it lives up to its reputation as the worst game on Steam. If it were an iOS or Flash game it would be considered average, surely there's something worse out there.
Last Christmas, I completed Bad Rats with all its achievements and I was ranked #1 in the world.

Of course I buy Tomb Raider off Amazon last night, only to have Steam Sale put it up for 2 dollars cheaper... with cards!

Curse you Steam Sale!

Dambrosi

Banned
Wow, I remember this being a big deal when it was announced as one of the first WiiWare games. I completely forget that it existed. Is it really that bad?
it's like the Power glove in '80's videogame movie The Wizard. it's so bad.

I'd gift a copy to you so you could suffer like I did, but fortunately for you, I have too much respect
for my money
to spend it on shit like that.

Last Christmas, I completed Bad Rats with all its acheivments and I was ranked #1 in the world.
...and I suppose you feel proud of what you did? :mad:

woober

Is Witcher 2 a daily deal or will it get cheaper? I bought the boxed copy of the game but would like it on my steam library.

It may not be much but I felt like giving a little something away. This is what I believe to be the greatest Tomb Raider of all.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider 2 -- MB-623450384225D956 - Taken by Nairume

I'm slightly disappointed with Bad Rats, it's not nearly as terrible as I was hoping. Sure, it's a bad game, the interface is terrible, the physics engine makes everything really fiddly, and the levels are far too simplistic. But I'm not sure it lives up to its reputation as the worst game on Steam. If it were an iOS or Flash game it would be considered average, surely there's something worse out there.

This says everything about IOS 'gaming' that needs to be said.

Nairume

Banned
Figured I'd give some stuff away.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly #2 -- MB-E523852144861DA3 - Taken by greatnorthern
Anomaly -- MB-0F47C3232B4A078C - Taken by carfo

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here played Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2? Yay or nay?

Wondering if I should grab this as well. The meta score isn't too great, but how does it play as a sniping game? Does it require you to really think and strategize the shot or is it like another mindless fps?

It's no longer a sniper simulation. It's very much a linear action oriented FPS wherein the main weapon is a sniper rifle. Also, the game on normal difficulty holds your hand every step of the way and you constantly have a partner moving the story along. So if you're looking for a legitimate sniper sim, this game isn't for you. But if you are more interested in a linear action FPS, you might find some entertainment. Visually, the game uses Crytech's Cryengine 3 so it definitely has a nice presentation.

(I posted this in the other thread.)

Edit,

You can turn off the shooting aids, to simulate bullet drop and wind resistance. But the core game never changes.

There needs to be a real sniping simulation game(or hell, just a decent sniping game) with Soldier of Fortune 2 style damage modelling to itch my sadistic side.

TheContact

It's no longer a sniper simulation. It's very much a linear action oriented FPS wherein the main weapon is a sniper rifle. Also, the game on normal difficulty holds your hand every step of the way and you constantly have a partner moving the story along. So if you're looking for a legitimate sniper sim, this game isn't for you. But if you are more interested in a linear action FPS, you might find some entertainment. Visually, the game uses Crytech's Cryengine 3 so it definitely has a nice presentation.

(I posted this in the other thread.)

Thanks for that, saved me some money. No buy.

This says everything about IOS 'gaming' that needs to be said.
Hey, don't generalize. Yeah most IOS games aren't anything amazing, but there are hidden gems and quality game just like on Steam

Penumbear
League of Evil series
Badland
Plague Inc
Trainyard
Jet Car Stunts
Hundreds

are just a few

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it, putting alarm. G'night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom