• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Steam Summer Sale - June 22nd through July 5th
sticker_header.png

What are these stickers?
You can perform various tasks on Steam (check here daily) to earn virtual stickers you can place in your Steam Summer Sale Sticker Book! Stickers are virtual collectibles that can't be traded and will disappear when the sale has ended.

And Summer Sale Badges?
You can collect Summer Sale Trading Cards by completing tasks and/or making purchases. These cards can be used to craft an your Steam Summer Sale 2017 badge or foil badge. There is no limit to the maximum badge level for this event.

Are there daily deals?
No. Games will likely be the same price throughout the sale, so there's no need to wait until the last day like previous sales.

When does the sale end?
July 5th. Be sure to make your purchases by then.

What tools can I use to make sure I'm getting the best deal?
Be sure you've got Enhanced Steam installed. It will tell you the lowest price of any game on the store, whether it's cheaper somewhere else, and whether or not the game has been bundled. It also adds a lot of new features to the Steam store so be sure and check it out.

Why can't I gift games anymore or store them in my inventory for later?
Valve made changes in how gifting works since the last sale. You can no longer store games in your inventory but must instead choose the game's recepient when checking out. If the recepient doesn't accept the gift, you'll be refunded for your purchase. Gifting is no longer possible between regions where the price of the game in that region's currency is more than 10% different than your own.

RQRxRcO.png

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Breh, I was literally just watching Stardust Crusaders.

chronomac

Posted it once but I'm doing it again. Things to note before the sale hits:

1. Prices don't update automatically at Noon CDT
  2. Your wishlist will update later than the individual game prices
  3. The servers will be hit hard and fast (make your own joke about it) so don't be surprised if nothing shows SALE on the front page right at Noon
  4. Once the prices are set, that's it for the sale. Steam doesn't really do dailies or hourlies any more. It's been like this for a while and complaining here won't change it

Tizoc

Ah the usual 'Steam is overloaded and now the Community is busted'.
I just want to see my wishlist dangit :V

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dude, this is the least informative and helpful way to do a thread. All of the information is in images, and there's no details about this sale in particular.

Cels

as usual the store is fucked up...can't access discovery queue, can't access store preferences

will they ever learn?

Tizoc

Errr, I checked my wishlist and none of it is listed as being on sale. If that's not a bug then wow.

Some titles will get their proper discounts in due time as the site is still updating. Approx. 50 games on my wishlist are already discounted for example :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom