• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Confirmed to start June 11th, Get Yo Wallets Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I have a lot more stuff in my wishlist than ever before (mostly due to the Steam redesign and flood of games). This will be fun.

Gonna try avoiding buying stuff this sale. As others, I've already got so many games and need to continue focusing on the backlog.

Same... my first steam sale ever. Starting to transition back to PC games.

Don't forget - wait for a flash sale / community choice or daily deal. If the game you want hasn't come up in either of those by the end of the sale, then buy it on the last day. .

Clearos

17tnerya4ce72jpg.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
I hope they will have some good sales this time. Used to buy loads during Steam sales, but I haven't bought a single thing in the last 4 big sales.

Maybe it's just me, but the prices recently seem way worse than the sales of old.

C'mon $15 GTAV, only been waiting like 4 goddamn years

This is the thread for the 2015 steam summer sale, not the 2019 steam summer sale. :p

I hope they will have some good sales this time. Used to buy loads during Steam sales, but I haven't bought a single thing in the last 4 big sales.

Maybe it's just me, but the prices recently seem way worse than the sales of old.

A lot of price reductions can seem pretty stingy for recent releases, I recall seeing discounts as low as 15% front and center on the daily deals for $60 titles. It doesn't really bother me, since that's one less game to be tempted by. Most of the money I spend during a steam sale is for giveaways and smaller indie titles when Salsa or whomever builds the hidden gems thread out of the $1-$5-$10 thresholds.

kewlmyc

Doubt it, but I want the Witcher 3 to go on sale.

Best part about Steam Summer Sales is that Amazon's does the same as well around the same time.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I've got almost 100 games on my wishlist thanks to Steam's daily queue, I don't know if my wallet is ready this year.

lol @ GTAV for $15

Burt

Maybe $15 off

Maybe

This is the thread for the 2015 steam summer sale, not the 2019 steam summer sale. :p

$25 and I'm there. I doubt it will happen, though. :(

I would totally double-dip at $15, but it ain't gonna happen. The game came out for PC in April.

I've got almost 100 games on my wishlist thanks to Steam's daily queue, I don't know if my wallet is ready this year.

lol @ GTAV for $15

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o1_500.gif

It's probably just you. It used to be that games would pretty much cap at 75% off, but I've been seeing more and more games go 80% or even 90% off, and that's outside of big sales

I don't recall the last few Steam sales as particularly mindblowing, outside of the occasional price glitch.

I haven't participated in the past few sales but I did browse a bit and noticed the sales weren't quite as good as they were in the past. Still, this upcoming one I'm interested in and if I can get some stuff on my wishlist for at least half off then I'll be happy.

Clearos

I relate to this so well.

Also, since Steam has refunds now, can't we just return a game we buy from the Summer Sales if it shows up again with a better price?

Yes, i remember reading that as long as it is within 14 days and 2 hours a return for a better price is NOT an abuse of the system.

RootCause

Hmm I should really get ready. I plan on getting a gaming PC, and this would be a nice way of building my library. :O

Owned, owned, owned, owned, owned, owned, owned,owned, owned, owned,owned, owned, owned,owned, owned, owned,owned, owned, owned 2015

Can't wait though!

Yet another overblown sale where the same games that have been heavily discounted as daily deals in the past, will be heavily discounted as daily deals once again.

Purkake4

Banned
Yet another overblown sale where the same games that have been heavily discounted as daily deals in the past, will be heavily discounted as daily deals once again.
But there's always new people and upgraded PCs.

It will not end as long as there's one steam account without Bad Rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom