• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Versions Batman:AA/AC & Bioshock 2 Adding Achievements, Removing GFWL/Securom?

Grief.exe

So no more gfwl?

Its all speculation at this point, but the evidence continues to mount

I hope we'll get Minerva's Den on Steam once GFWL is patched out, I heard it's great. I've also put my playthrough on hold in the meantime.

Good news! It will be released on Steam, check OP for more info.

Does this mean that i can put in my orginal Bioshock 2 serial and get a steam version instead?

what happens to the dlc already bought through gfwl after it is removed?

You guys are both out of luck.

FloatOn

School just started for me, but I will find time to play these games.

I have never played Bioshock 2 or Arkham City. So excited.

Oh man! Both are excellent.

I preferred Arkham Asylum of over City but Bioshock 2 is my favorite in that series. You are in for great times.

Grief.exe

They're not removing GFWL from BS2, right? Just adding controller support.

BioShock 2 is probably getting GFWL and, possibly, Securom removed as well. The game is also getting Steam Achievements.

They are mostly doing work on the multiplayer beta, which indicates new net code.

I hope more games will remove GFWL though, there's some great games that have it and I really don't want them to die.

It's like a guest in a house messed up the whole place and didn't bother to clean before leaving for his planet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam isn't listed on the requirements page, so I'm not sure you'd be getting a Steam key. Until 2K announces a migration plan for Bioshock 2 I would hold tight.

That's what I was thinking, thanks guys. I already played B2 on PS3 but I've been itching to replay it on PC, I hope it doesn't take much longer for this to get sorted.

Sikboy1029

Neo Member
What a coincidence that the Arkham games and BioShock 2 are on sale.
Where? Not on Steam atm

Maybe nothing but the appid for vanilla Arkham Asylum 35010 was renamed Game of the Year Edition 3 months ago, Not Arkham City, though. Still hope they let owners upgrade the standard to GOTY...

Unai

I was out of town this past week. My steam just downloaded a 101.5MB patch for Bioshock 2. Is this new, or was it updated during the week?

Wow, so Bioshock 2 still hasn't made any updates worth mentioning IMO. I'm anxiously awaiting controller support (and to a lesser extent the removal of GFWL) so I can finally play Minerva's Den for the first time. I really wish there was some sort of official ETA on this. =/

Grief.exe

Wow, so Bioshock 2 still hasn't made any updates worth mentioning IMO. I'm anxiously awaiting controller support (and to a lesser extent the removal of GFWL) so I can finally play Minerva's Den for the first time. I really wish there was some sort of official ETA on this. =/

The store should be shutting down tonight at 11 PM Pacific, so that might be the official release schedule.

Outside of a couple of random updates, both Arkham games have been in a relative holding pattern the past couple of weeks. Bioshock 2 was seeing some major work done at the beginning of last week, but didn't see as much in the latter part of the week.

Parsnip

With branch names like 2kgamesqa on Bioshock 2 and qa_crashtest on AC, I suppose we can hope that the updates on all 3 are close since they are already at quality assurance state.

This thread is constantly brought from the dead to torture me.

How's Halo 3 coming? Hopefuly it lands just in time with the Mario Galaxy port.

GFWL achievements are still turned on in the Steam version of Batman AA, does that mean that the Steam achievements don't work yet? I got a few GFWL achievements but they didn't toggle their respective Steam counterparts.. so I guess I answered my own question.

Grief.exe

GFWL achievements are still turned on in the Steam version of Batman AA, does that mean that the Steam achievements don't work yet? I got a few GFWL achievements but they didn't toggle their respective Steam counterparts.. so I guess I answered my own question.

Steam Achievements still haven't been activated yet.

WasabiJoe

Neo Member
Oh fuck, it took me 100 hours to S-Rank Arkham City. I don't know if having the option to do it again is really healthy for me as an individual.

BasilZero

BioShock 2 is probably getting GFWL and, possibly, Securom removed as well. The game is also getting Steam Achievements.

They are mostly doing work on the multiplayer beta, which indicates new net code.

Good.

I hope Securom gets removed out of Batman games cause that limited # of installations pisses me off - also the reason why I havent bought it yet.

Already got Bioshock 1 and 2 recently - cant wait to play them.

Good.

I hope Securom gets removed out of Batman games cause that limited # of installations pisses me off - also the reason why I havent bought it yet.

Already got Bioshock 1 and 2 recently - cant wait to play them.

You might want to get cracking on Bioshock 1, it's a big game and I cant see it getting updated anymore.

Grief.exe

Come on, Grief. Bring the good news.
Oh, and from now on you may want to keep in check what's happening with Dark Souls, too?
JaseC posted this link in another thread: http://steamdb.info/app/211420/#section_depots

They have been updating the app constantly every day, and they have been working late the past few nights as well. Good news is probably coming soon.

Don't worry, I've been keeping my eye on the Dark Souls app, but they haven't touched the app since that update.

Top Bottom