• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam's Quality Control is Showing Again

ROMhack

I've just gone onto Steam's website and noticed this currently advertised in their 'Popular Upcoming' section.

I'll leave you to figure out what's weird about it.

CBTr49q.jpg

u9VqUYS.jpg

How can Epic hope to compete?

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Wake me when Epic's UI allows me to organize over a thousand games covering every sane genre into folders. They can't even begin to compete until they at least do that. Sadly, not even EA or Ubisoft have done that several years later.

Ailike

So, if we let it be we get things like this, but if they don't allow...whatever this is, then we cry "censorship!!1"
Which script am I supposed to follow this week?

Shifty

The scary thing is it wasn't even on my personal feed. This was their actual factual website.
Oh dear. That's not so good.

Papa Tencent's a-comin.

How is that game? It sounds ace.
If you're into furry (fishy?) culture, tongue-in-cheek dating sims and NSFW peggle it's probably top ten material.

Myself I found it to be a fun cringe-through for the sake of putting together a comedic captain's log, but such things aren't usually in my wheelhouse.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Not the first Cam Girl game tbh. Huniecam came out a few years back: -

I'd imagine this is a rip on what Huniecam did tbh. There have been quite a few Hunipop clones so it makes sense someone would clone hunicam as well

Last edited:

peronmls

plus steams transaction system is down so I guess sales end today for most people. Murder Suspect is $2 then back to $30 tomorrow. Thanks steam. You're the best...

PhoenixTank

Not sure I follow what you're getting at OP.
It is in upcoming games because it is releasing soon. Popular because apparently people have wishlisted/followed it enough to meet a certain threshold in that list? Google tells me that "Available: 快了快了" translates to "Available: Faster soon" or "fast fast", both of which are delightful.

Nobody at Valve woke up today with any active intent to "advertise" this *ahem* obviously top tier game. What am I missing here?

I don't know why you singled out this game. You could argue that Chinese only games should be hidden by default in the west, but I don't think that's what quality control means.

Last edited:

Holammer

I'm at a loss what's so odd about this, maybe give us a clue? Is it because most of the information is in Chinese? That's nothing out of the ordinary. A current best seller like Chinese Parents or The Scroll of Taiwu look the same. If you mean the available/release date description that's in Chinese? That's set by the developer and it can say "when it's done" if you want. Here's an example that's just having fun with it.

Top Bottom