• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steamspy Data - No Man's Sky active players down over 90% in just 2 weeks

01c2087717.jpg

This is for PC obviously. Although I would be curious to see how close the console numbers are to this..

The horse. It has been ground into a fine powder.

For the sake of discussion, I am enjoying the game on PS4. It's a nice way to relax after intense Destiny sessions.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This happens to a lot of games. Especially single player experiences. To be expected.

working in marketing has taught me this.

Exile20

A game that is suppose to be endless exploration. I am so surprised.

I can't see patches and DLC will bring back players.

Takiyah

I'd be curious how this compares to other games of a similar scope/size. Sometimes these #'s are misleading, such as, 81% decline in sales in the 2nd week I saw floating around. And when I read this, I say "ya, so? That's true of most games coming out". Just a thought.

There is nothing to the game once you realise just how same-y everything is. I enjoyed my first few jumps, but after about 10 hours or so I came to the realisation that a game based on discovery had very little to discover.

Well this is normal if you are one of the most played games at the time.

The same like some people act Pokemon GO is dead because they lost a ton while still having a shit load of users.

Handy Fake

Curious as to how it'll be once all the issues are fixed and they get to work on the new content.

They've had a Driveclub-level of poor release PR. I love the game but for those not really following it, it's going to look like a trainwreck from the outside.

I'm waiting for more stuff to do really. I got bored jumping from planet to planet just looking for materials to be able to jump to the next planet. There's really no point to it all after you get bored of the scenery.

DNAbro

And some people were shocked at Pokemon Go's drop.

This was expected with people saying how repetitive it was after a few hours.

MUnited83

For you.
This happens to a lot of games. Especially single player experiences. To be expected.

working in marketing has taught me this.

Well, if we look at other titles that sold similarly in such a small ammount of time, No Man's Sky actually has a worse drop than most titles.

I'd be curious how this compares to other games of a similar scope/size. Sometimes these #'s are misleading, such as, 81% decline in sales in the 2nd week I saw floating around. And when I read this, I say "ya, so? That's true of most games coming out". Just a thought.

size wise the game is bigger than most other things i've played, but something like adventure capitalist has more variety and fun goals to achieve than NMS so it's a wash

also this is actual playtime which this kind of drop isn't a good trajectory for any game

Ultryx

There have literally only been two occasions in which I felt robbed for spending my money and regretted a game purchase thoroughly.

This was one of those games. Tried the Steam refund for the first time ever on my account and they told me to go fuck myself.

I want my money back, Sean.

Arkeband

Banned

Decline in sales != active players.

I don't know why you'd even bother defense forcing this.

IvanJ

Banned
On PS4, but I've quit as well.
I'm glad I played it, I had a lot of fun for some 40ish hours. I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 4am playing a game 5-6 hours straight.

But after about 40 hours, once you realize that is it, you've seen it all, and that the center of the galaxy can only be reached at the expense of your mental health... Absolutely no reason to continue.

I'll be forever parked at some generic planet 155.000 light years away from center.

Starviper

I kinda wanna play more, but at the same time I don't see any point when the end-game is
Exploring another galaxy that is no different from your current galaxy

Top Bottom