• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steamworld Dig 2 seems to be quite possibly coming to the 3DS

Salsa

figured this was worth posting, tweet exchange is less than a week old

PaFesWH.png

he's the art director at Image & Form jic

seems like tough work considering the resolution, but it'd be a nice nod to the series original platforms and its userbase (DSi being the first)

Salsa

I wonder if the audience is still there? It would be an incredible port for sure.

I own the first one on 3DS and Steam, was thinking i'd grab 2 on the latter whenever I can but I like the 3D on the first one and it makes for a good portable game so I might wait

Chicken Wiggle bomba probably say no, but good luck either way.

that's a bad example that got way blown out of proportion.

Chicken Wiggle is an average game from an average developer with an iOS shovelware name

pretty different situation given the praise and success the first one got on 3DS

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wonder if the audience is still there? It would be an incredible port for sure.
3DS is the only system where you can play the whole series starting from DSi Ware. It obv. wont sell as much as the Switch version down the line but it should be worth the port just as a goodbye present to the plattform and people wo still play on 3DS.

Def. wouldn't be a Chicken Diggle situation... or whatever the latest Mutant Mudds dev game was called... lol.

watershed

Banned

If the port isn't costly, I imagine it will be well worth it for Image and Form. The 3ds is where lots of people played Dig and Heist and it's still a platform where a lot of kids play.

They'd have to make the text boxes a heck of a lot bigger because I'm struggling to read them even on the Switch screen. But having the map displayed on the bottom screen on 3DS would be a nice benefit at least.

jariw

pretty different situation given the praise and success the first one got on 3DS

I think the 3DS version at least is a "thank you" from Image & Form to the 3DS community. Before Dig 1 released (it was 3DS exclusive at first), Image & Form was close to going bankrupt. The big success then saved the company.

Awesome. Glad they are redesigning the interface for the dual-screen, lower-DPI layout instead of just shrinking down the TV interface like I presume they'll do on Vita...

I'm sure it would get prominent Eshop billing.....unlike Chicken Wiggle.

To be fair, Chicken Wiggle did get prominent eShop placement on the European eShop. Though Europe has always historically seemed to be a weaker region for 3DS downloads as unit sales, at least for Jools' games - I suspect that's down to the 2DS's popularity versus other regions.

Top Bottom