• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steel Series Arctis 7P - PS5 wireless headset

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to make people aware that there is a PS5 specific Arctis headset that is a good alternative to the Sony Pulse.

Additionally all Steel Series headsets that are fully compatible with the PS5 can be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm waiting for some comparison videos between the Arctis 7R and the Pulse before I order one.

I saw some really positive reviews on the 7P which is why I didn't even edit for the Pulse to come back in stock. I'm also having issues securing a PS5 at launch but this headset works perfectly fine with my PS4. If I went with the 7X it would work on the PS5 but not the PS4.

Trogdor1123

Links seem to be dead for me

Edit:

Found it. Looks good. Are there any heads up comparisons on ps5 headsets? I assume not yet

Last edited:
Just bought the 7P. I’ve heard a handful of people who own both 7P and 3D Pulse say that the 7P wins hands down in terms of 2D audio, comfort and build quality. Just gotta wait to see how they compare with games utilizing tempest engine.

FrankWza

I saw some really positive reviews on the 7P which is why I didn't even edit for the Pulse to come back in stock. I'm also having issues securing a PS5 at launch but this headset works perfectly fine with my PS4. If I went with the 7X it would work on the PS5 but not the PS4.

is it white or is it the lightgrey that Sony is using for PS5?

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
Thank you. I’ve actually seen these in stock locally and had been trying to snag a pulse. A little more expensive, but the tempest bit may have sold me.

TrebleShot

Just ordered the Arctis 7P from Amazon, was 1 week shipping on the official website.

Incidentally I had a pre order for Pulse 3D I just cancelled.

FrankWza

Just bought the 7P. I’ve heard a handful of people who own both 7P and 3D Pulse say that the 7P wins hands down in terms of 2D audio, comfort and build quality. Just gotta wait to see how they compare with games utilizing tempest engine.

I don’t think it will make that much of a difference. If they’re better then they’ll continue to be better. The only thing that could make a difference is if the pulse have additional tech to connect with tempest like the Dualsense does. Either way, so much of what sounds good in a headset is dependent on fit and we all have different shaped and sized heads and ears that can alter sound from one person to another. What sounds good to you won’t necessarily sound good to another person. Plus, comfort plays a big role for long gaming too.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
WAiting for the damn 7X to come in stock on glamazon. USB C dongle is nice because it will work on switch and PS4 as well.

therockhead

Neo Member
Incidentally I had a pre order for Pulse 3D I just cancelled.

Along with the 7x, I still have the pulse on order but tempted to cancel. I know this is real first world problem but don’t want to have to swap the dongles between the two console everytime I switch machines. Any one know if there any downside to connecting the wireless dongle to the USB port on the TV instead of connecting to console ?

Last edited:

FrankWza

Along with the 7x, I still have the pulse on order but tempted to cancel. I know this is real first world problem but don’t want to have to swap the dongles between the two console everytime I switch machines. Any one know if there any downside to connecting the wireless dongle to the USB port on the TV instead of connecting to console ?

It depends on your tv at that point. It would need to be able to receive and process tempest so whichever processing formats tempest converts. Based on Astro adapter the only thing guaranteed to process tempest besides the listed compatible hardware is base station that uses optical or usb straight through console.

Edit: I would keep everything you have and order a bunch more and test. By the time you read other people’s inputs everything will be sold out and you’ll have to wait.

Last edited:

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I can confirm that it you order directly from the Steelseries website, the shipping and delivery is very fast. Mine was shipped the day as I ordered and less than 48h later I had it in my hands. I live in Brussels.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Isn’t the 7x compatible on both the ps5 and other devices whereas the 7p only works on playstations?

edit: nvm I see this already addressed in thread

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
WAiting for the damn 7X to come in stock on glamazon. USB C dongle is nice because it will work on switch and PS4 as well.

Ordered mine last night, with a coupon code too

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Bought an Arctis 7 in the summer, very happy with its performance. Although recently I have been using it for Zoom remote teaching, lol.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I have a pulse (which I do not like the build quality of....or ear cup size) so I grabbed a 7X off their website. Will give them both a try next week, hopefully the 7X sounds the same (with all the fancy 3d audio) and I can punt the pulse.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I want the easy returns in case I am not a fan. I want to try that and the Corsair.
Steelseries is really weird about their warranty, the list of approved retailers is really short iirc

that and the fact I used a 12% off coupon is why I used them

un1que

Will the 7x support the tempest engine 3D audio? Ive read on ign it doesn’t but wanted to make sure as can never depend on that site

Will the 7x support the tempest engine 3D audio? Ive read on ign it doesn’t but wanted to make sure as can never depend on that site

Arctis website doesn't list any of the Xbox headsets having tempest audio support, just simply says "Also works on PS5".

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
i think im going to buy the 9x, my only disappointment its micro usb and not usb c
If you’re buying it from steelseries I can try to find the coupon I used if you’re interested

THEAP99

Banned
thoughts on these compared to the hyper x alpha's? my alpha's are so comfortable for me that I've tried numerous other headsets that just don't feel right

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to order the 7P series in black tonight. (Black is only avaliable on Steelseries website).

Edit - shipping to Canada is expensive so I'm on my way to Best Buy to get the white ones now.

Edit 2 - fuck it, just ordered the 7X on Steelseries website so I can use them with my Xbox One X too.
I'll sell my Astro A50s now.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Should I download the engine software to mess with the settings on my computer or can I just do this through my console once it arrives?

Should I download the engine software to mess with the settings on my computer or can I just do this through my console once it arrives?

I recommend getting the software. It allows you to tailor each app to different settings on PC. When it comes to the console I believe you have to mess around with the settings on the system itself.

Top Bottom