• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steel Series Arctis 7P - PS5 wireless headset

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I recommend getting the software. It allows you to tailor each app to different settings on PC. When it comes to the console I believe you have to mess around with the settings on the system itself.

ah, I see

to clarify: I was curious as to whether the settings I adjust using my PC are saved on the headset itself or whether they are only local settings for my PC

if I mess with the EQ settings using the engine software on my laptop, the changes won't be saved on the headset itself?

ah, I see

to clarify: I was curious as to whether the settings I adjust using my PC are saved on the headset itself or whether they are only local settings for my PC

if I mess with the EQ settings using the engine software on my laptop, the changes won't be saved on the headset itself?

Very good question. I honestly don't know the answer myself but I'm guessing there's a way to adjust them on the console itself.

Edit: To clarify when I adjust the settings on my PC I don't notice that they transfer over to the other devices that I use.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the Xbox version has direct wireless to connect or does it need a USB dongle?
iirc, 9x connects directly, 7x needs dongle

I could be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
ah, I see

I would imagine that they're like my Astro A50s in that you connect the headset to your computer via USB, pull up the software, make whatever EQ changes you wish to make under each sound profile and press save and it will save the changes to the headset which will work across any device you use them with.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I would imagine that they're like my Astro A50s in that you connect the headset to your computer via USB, pull up the software, make whatever EQ changes you wish to make under each sound profile and press save and it will save the changes to the headset which will work across any device you use them with.
Does that mean I would have to disable the headset’s DTS prior to using something like Dolby atmos?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Head to head shootout between 3D Pulse and Arctis 7X:

They are both great headsets and very similar in quality for sound and mic. Arctis win overall for being noticeably more comfortable but at a $50 premium.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Correct. You don't want overlapping sound stages.
And preset EQ levels should prob be default or flat or whatever since dolby atmos will be doing it’s own thing?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Big heads need not apply. The clamp is real.
The struggle is real.

big-head.jpg

What is the difference in specs between the 7 and 7P? I have been looking but can't f find anything. Is it just marketing bullshit? Also I thought the 7X was specifically for Xbox? Why are people buying these for PlayStation?
I am asking because I have been looking at these as a Christmas present for my son.

Katajx

Gold Member
What is the difference in specs between the 7 and 7P? I have been looking but can't f find anything. Is it just marketing bullshit? Also I thought the 7X was specifically for Xbox? Why are people buying these for PlayStation?
I am asking because I have been looking at these as a Christmas present for my son.
The 7X being able to connect to more devices including ps4/ps5. The 7p doesn’t seem to be compatible with Xbox.

Assuming they are like my Cyberpunk Arctic 1s there is a toggle on the receiver for Xbox and regular USB for other devices.

FrankWza

the 7 has chat mix capabilities. The p or x dont

therockhead

Neo Member
From a comfort pov, for me the 7X are fantastic, really impressed. I tried out the pulse 3d and unfortunately the ear cups are too small and pinch my ears. I didn't think I had big ears, and after wearing the headset i had it ask my wife "Do i have big ears ? " :), she responded quickly with a yes.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
From a comfort pov, for me the 7X are fantastic, really impressed. I tried out the pulse 3d and unfortunately the ear cups are too small and pinch my ears. I didn't think I had big ears, and after wearing the headset i had it ask my wife "Do i have big ears ? " :), she responded quickly with a yes.

I can have the 7x on my head pretty much all day and forget they’re even on

the suspension band is genius. No idea why more companies don’t use it

iamvin22

Industry Verified
the arctis pro wireless are not PS5 compatible. they work at the PS4 level, period. they do not offer any 3d audio or any PS5 enhancements. i have them and they are dull to say. customer support says December will see a PS5 update.

Sausy1987

the arctis pro wireless are not PS5 compatible. they work at the PS4 level, period. they do not offer any 3d audio or any PS5 enhancements. i have them and they are dull to say. customer support says December will see a PS5 update.
So will we get them enhancements with the update you think ?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

How are the Arctis with mid to bass levels? Buddy has them and he says they do lack in the punch department.

jaysius

Banned
Head to head shootout between 3D Pulse and Arctis 7X:

They are both great headsets and very similar in quality for sound and mic. Arctis win overall for being noticeably more comfortable but at a $50 premium.

That guy is pretty cool, thanks, very down to earth and seems honest.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
they are currently not ready for 3d audio. a December firmware is the fix.

So when you say they are both somehow "not compatible" and also "absolute garbage", what you really mean is that they work as standard headphones, but need the firmware update to take advantage of 3D audio?

I normally play with speakers, I just need something basic for 4 days while my girlfriend's working in the same room, and I have a pair of pro wireless for PC.

meech

Dumb question: Is it possible to connect any of those wireless headsets with a tv\Pc with the console turned off,paying money for them and using them only with one device seems like a waste of money.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question: Is it possible to connect any of those wireless headsets with a tv\Pc with the console turned off,paying money for them and using them only with one device seems like a waste of money.
9x has Bluetooth

7x will work on your pc without console, but no Bluetooth so idk how you would connect it to just a tv

Moomalade74

Banned
Not to offend anyone here, but do some of y'all prefer "gaming" headsets to regular headsets?

To be honest I'd much prefer something more high end but also wireless is important for couch gaming on my PS5. I'd love to get the Beyerdynamic Amiron as I have a pair of T1's and really like the Beyer sound (and also comfort) but it doesn't work with PlayStation consoles. The Audeze Penrose looks like it has potential as it's planar magnetic and that sort of driver can deliver serious low end, so I may end up waiting for that. Otherwise possibly the Sennheiser G670 though reviews on comfort is a mixed bag.

FrankWza

That guy is pretty cool, thanks, very down to earth and seems honest.
I would mostly agree but the 3D pulse has chat mix. That’s a big feature you’re not going to get unless you have a PS headset. Everything that needed optical and got a full audio over USB is not working to full volume and lost chat mix. At $99 it’s really hard to beat the full functionality of the pulses if they fit your head well.

Sausy1987

I would mostly agree but the 3D pulse has chat mix. That’s a big feature you’re not going to get unless you have a PS headset. Everything that needed optical and got a full audio over USB is not working to full volume and lost chat mix. At $99 it’s really hard to beat the full functionality of the pulses if they fit your head well.
But the 7p/ 7x will have chat mix shortly in the update ? December ?

Achillias

Anyone who owns the 7X could tell me if you are able to set the volume loud while watching YouTube videos on your console. I tried the Turtle Beach 600 gen 2 and the sound output on the Xbox Series X was disappointing.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I had steelseries siberia 800 for ps4. Terrible purchase.

They just didn't worked as promised and iirc they didn't got any driver updates that fixed their mixchat functionality.

Build quality was ok, but they just didn't worked properly. Eh.

FrankWza

F**k sake that means I will have buy pulse headset aswel 🤨

to me, the 3d is a better overall headset than the arctis 7 because of the price. They both have small drivers and the arctis has really shallow earpads which hurts 3d sound in my opinion. You can’t beat the 3d right now @$99 for function and value given the current missing features of most headsets. It might be a fit thing but i don’t like the arctis enough for $50 more. To me, the $50 shows in the build quality mostly. The arctis is more adjustable and has comfier earpads especially if you don’t like pleather pads. Again, fit will change a lot of what’s happening sound-wise so ymmv.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
So when you say they are both somehow "not compatible" and also "absolute garbage", what you really mean is that they work as standard headphones, but need the firmware update to take advantage of 3D audio?

I normally play with speakers, I just need something basic for 4 days while my girlfriend's working in the same room, and I have a pair of pro wireless for PC.

Yes. They work as ps4 headsets and in no way output 3d audio until they get patched. On PS5 the max volume is at a mid level. I have Steelseries Siberia 800s and they sound better on my ps4.

Reactions: AV

Sausy1987

The fact that steel series didn’t include a chat mix dial on the p tells me that they know no hope in future Sony allows a 3rd party to have that feature so why bother have a dial on headset !

Top Bottom