• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steel Series Arctis 7P - PS5 wireless headset

I have the 7x and I'm very happy. They are not as good as my Bluetooth headphones but were less than half the price and are super super comfortable and still sound great. They work with anything I've tried them on so far using the dongle.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I'd say 7x over 9x personally. Reports of more dropouts with the 9x's build in wireless vs. the dongle with the 7x. For me it was the only option as I wanted a dongle headset that I could use with my XSX, PS5, Switch and PC as I don't like juggling multiple headsets.

I haven't has any drop outs yet i haven't had any problems tbh. I preferred the dongle less option with Bluetooth, its cool i can use them to turn on my xbox and connect to my phone at the same time.

As for sound lock in/out with the Wicked Cushions I'm not an audiophile or experienced enough with headphones to say any more that they're quite a bit better than the Steelseries ones or my old Sony Gold's, but both of those were fine on that front for my needs (house with minimal noise outside of some road traffic or my wife watching TV in the next room). They are significantly more comfortable than any headphone earpads I've worn and made the already comfy Arctic 7x (love the ski google strap design, makes them feel super light).
I might give them a look in, thanks.

Moogle11

Banned
I haven't has any drop outs yet i haven't had any problems tbh. I preferred the dongle less option with Bluetooth, its cool i can use them to turn on my xbox and connect to my phone at the same time.

Good to hear on the lack to dropouts with the 9x. Just weren’t an option for me since I needed a headset with a dongle since using on all my consoles plus PC was my top priority.

Moogle11

Banned

Just noticed a generic 20% off (not limited use) code on the Warranty card for Wicked Cushions if you or anyone else need it. "THANKS20".

Also, Steelseries has the 7x headset back in stock again and down to $131.99 with code "FORM" at checkout (assuming it works, saw on Slickdeals).

Top Bottom