• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stefan Molyneux Has His Youtube Channel Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scrivener

Oct 21, 2014
Don't know about this guy. Another one bites the dust though eh? Haven't watched Sargon in a while too, his essay on censorship was good.

Anyway, more importantly Black Lives Matter don't they, so it's only fair that we censor what people have to say. Let's just do what the scary black people say, ok?

Last edited:

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
Tell him to go in bitchute then. time for alt tech to rise up
The problem is monetization. Good luck getting advertisers on BitChute. The problem with all these alt-platforms is that they're more open and free. Advertisers want tightly moderated platforms. Disney is never going to promote on BitChute. BitChute's problem is the same as all other alternatives, it has to be crowd-funded to survive. Even that's taking a hit with activist payment processors.

We're all screwed until average people fight back.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
The problem is monetization. Good luck getting advertisers on BitChute. The problem with all these alt-platforms is that they're more open and free. Advertisers want tightly moderated platforms. Disney is never going to promote on BitChute. BitChute's problem is the same as all other alternatives, it has to be crowd-funded to survive. Even that's taking a hit with activist payment processors.

We're all screwed until average people fight back.
Bitchute can't even get streaming working.

MrRogers

Feb 25, 2018
14 years of mostly inciteful and at the very least, a different opinion/perspective from the MSM borg down the drain just like that. Im so numb to all these right of center bannings that i cant even feel shocked anymore.

That is until the arrests or killings and gulags come, but even that might not shock me anymore.

If its not already clear, the institutions, techcorps, MSM, and their puritan stormtroopers want anyone right of marx, poor, unemployable, reducated, and ultimately dead. A war is coming and as a non violent person, being a monk in the hills is strangely appealing moreso everyday.

Last edited:

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
Remember when it was just Alex Jones and we thought nothing of it back then?
I fucking hateAlex Jones, but he makes a great canary. When looking for a podcast app i just kept downloading them until I found one with his program on it, and that’s the one I use.

darkinstinct

Banned
Jul 24, 2015
Switzerland
It's way overdue that these platforms start enforcing their TOS. I'm just surprised it took them so long, Trump triggered them it seems. Time to cleanse social media of the alt-right hate speech. It's glorious, really. Trump trying to get social media to remove what he perceives as lies as hate speech makes them remove actual lies and hate speech, which really only is a problem for Trump himself. He should've just taken that L for having a tweet removed. Instead he doubled down and now it all comes crushing down on him.

This is what the Department of Homeland Security sent to social media four days ago, based on an order of Trump:

"In light of the violence, looting, and vandalism that marred many of the protests throughout the country, and in light of the role social media may have played in organizing this unlawful conduct, I am asking you to help keep Americans safe by taking appropriate action, consistent with your terms of service, against content that promotes, incites, or assists the commission of imminent illegal activities and violence. This includes calls to break city curfews, information about which stores or neighborhoods to target for looting or destruction, and coordination of attacks against particular people or groups of people. Those committed to protecting the free exchange of ideas should not turn a blind eye to illegal activity and violence fomenting on your platforms."

He just majorly fucked himself.

Shadowstar39

Apr 25, 2018
It's way overdue that these platforms start enforcing their TOS. I'm just surprised it took them so long, Trump triggered them it seems. Time to cleanse social media of the alt-right hate speech. It's glorious, really. Trump trying to get social media to remove what he perceives as lies as hate speech makes them remove actual lies and hate speech, which really only is a problem for Trump himself. He should've just taken that L for having a tweet removed. Instead he doubled down and now it all comes crushing down on him.

This is what the Department of Homeland Security sent to social media four days ago, based on an order of Trump:

"In light of the violence, looting, and vandalism that marred many of the protests throughout the country, and in light of the role social media may have played in organizing this unlawful conduct, I am asking you to help keep Americans safe by taking appropriate action, consistent with your terms of service, against content that promotes, incites, or assists the commission of imminent illegal activities and violence. This includes calls to break city curfews, information about which stores or neighborhoods to target for looting or destruction, and coordination of attacks against particular people or groups of people. Those committed to protecting the free exchange of ideas should not turn a blind eye to illegal activity and violence fomenting on your platforms."

What? Where are the purges of antifa and blm radical groups? It's not discussion groups pushing violence and lawlessness, which is what this paragraph mentions.man trump lives rent free in your head doesn't he, lol.

darkinstinct

Banned
Jul 24, 2015
Switzerland
Maybe you thought nothing of it. I thought it was fucked up back then. Especially hearing about payment processors not allowing people to buy and sell. It goes against everything this nation syands for.
So does locking children without their parents into concentration camps near the border. In a country that was built on immigration. Where 99 % of the people are immigrants or have immigrant ancestors just a few generations back. The founders would be ashamed of the alt-right movement and how they try to retcon their ideas into something else. Can't play favorites, if you like your right to bear arms and your free speech, then deal with the fact that immigration is an essential part of the US constitution.

darkinstinct

Banned
Jul 24, 2015
Switzerland
What? Where are the purges of antifa and blm radical groups? It's not discussion groups pushing violence and lawlessness, which is what this paragraph mentions.man trump lives rent free in your head doesn't he, lol.
You fell for Trumps rhetoric. There is no antifa movement. It literally means "anti fascism". The whole US is anti-fascist, or antifa. That's why you fought World War 2. Nazis = fascists, everybody else = anti-fascists. You can push violence in many ways. Like by spreading lies and misinformation, which the alt-right constantly does (hell, the president has told 18.000 lies in less than four years). Come to terms that Trump is done. The reason why companies even act like they do is because they know he is done, and he knows it, too. That's why he is getting more and more unhinged, to the point where he is retweeting racists "white power" videos and thanking the good people there. He lost it, his mind and the election. Trump is the equivalent of Hitler, both mentally deranged narcissists. Just Trump still has a Supreme Court to shut him down, and now even his own party is getting the wake-up call and working against him, be it with naming prosecutors or with removing soldiers from allies. It's the endgame for Trump and his followers. Not that anything would change by that, Democrats and Republicans have been doing the exact same politics for 50 years. Two sides of the same coin.

Relativ9

Nov 18, 2012
Narvik, Norway
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Oner and Somnium

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
He's a proud white nationalist, eugenicist who peddles in extreme conspiracy theories. Who cares? Good riddance.

And if some of you are actually listening to him please stop. It's not healthy. I realize you may not know but he's grifting you.
Rather than actually watching any of his videos for yourself and hearing him make his argument, you instead only read a slanderous wiki article (that can be easily edited by users.)
Also, don't ever tell me what to do, especially when it's clear you don't even know what grifter is.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
White nationalist is an inherently bad thing? Which part is most egregious, being born white or believing in your country? Clown world indeed.

Eugenics itself isn't inherently bad either. There's a nazi stain on it that will never wear off for some people, though.

And as far as extreme conspiracy theories go, we just went through 4 years of Democrats and mainstream media pushing them against Trump. Is it really beyond the pale for them to be on youtube too? I guess so if they're not in support of the current liberal narrative.

Lastly, I may agree entirely with your opinion of Molyneux. The difference is that I don't attempt to deplatform everybody I disagree with.

This assault on intellectual freedom is a disaster that we'll all regret assuming there's a future where we're allowed to have independent thought.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

Banned
Jul 24, 2015
Switzerland
Yeah, the best thing to do is go on Bitchute and actually listen to him. The left are lying as usual. Don't agree with the Left? Nazi!
There is a middle ground. It's actually where most people are. Neither left, nor right. The extremes always lie, it's what they do. It's how they get heard. Doesn't matter if it's the left or the right. I am pro immigration but anti LGBT. I am pro death sentence but also for legalization of drugs. I am pro life and anti gun. Crazy, right?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
There is a middle ground. It's actually where most people are. Neither left, nor right. The extremes always lie, it's what they do. It's how they get heard. Doesn't matter if it's the left or the right. I am pro immigration but anti LGBT. I am pro death sentence but also for legalization of drugs. I am pro life and anti gun. Crazy, right?
Guys I own both consoles seriously I'm not a fanboy.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
Last edited:

darkinstinct

Banned
Jul 24, 2015
Switzerland
Unreal. Molyneux is one of the most reasonable people online.
Molyneux quotes:

On race:

"Blacks are collectively less intelligent"

On women rights:

"In the same way Marxism robs workers of ambition, Feminism robs men and women of love."

On Jews:

"...the Germans were in danger of being taken over by what they perceived as Jewish-led Communism. And Jewish-led Communism had wiped out tens of millions of white Christians in Russia and they were afraid of the same thing. And there was this wild overreaction and all this kind of stuff."

Calling the holocaust an overreaction, LOL, surely one of the most reasonable people online.

Croatoan

Jun 24, 2014

I wish you Reetards would go shit in your own yard.

clem84

Dec 11, 2011
On race:
"Blacks are collectively less intelligent"

You can't defend something like this but you're not providing context. I'd be really curious to see the context in which this was said.

On women rights:
"In the same way Marxism robs workers of ambition, Feminism robs men and women of love."

Agree or disagree, this is a perfectly fine opinion to have. Not deserving of a suspension.

On Jews:
"...the Germans were in danger of being taken over by what they perceived as Jewish-led Communism. And Jewish-led Communism had wiped out tens of millions of white Christians in Russia and they were afraid of the same thing. And there was this wild overreaction and all this kind of stuff."

That makes him wrong. We have to have the right to debate these things. Again, not deserving of a suspension.

and 3 others

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2020
That makes him wrong. We have to have the right to debate these things. Again, not deserving of a suspension.
To be fair, his selections were to counter "him being one of the most reasonable people on the internet", not why he should be suspended.

Reactions: clem84

Sakura Doritos

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2018
To be fair, his selections were to counter "him being one of the most reasonable people on the internet", not why he should be suspended.
Those are reasonable opinions to hold because he rationalized them. They can be wrong and reasonable at the same time. The fact that he provides points invited the counter point. Which is why he shouldn’t be suspended.

It says a lot when millions of dollars were made off this guy by YouTube and they only silence him when they think they can afford to do it now.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
GAF has an Overton Window that does not include and will never include white nationalism. I understand that racial tensions are very high right now and every person's skin color is being weaponized by the media, but in that case we'll be locking most race-related threads and shifting discussion in a different direction to allow for a cool off period.

The United States is not a white ethnostate, and those views are primarily held by the KKK. If you want to know what's wrong with white nationalism, read your history.

Status
Not open for further replies.