• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stella Glow (3DS) out on Nov 17th in NA, launch edition and battle trailer shown

StellaGlow.jpg

Battle Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssi-LDjyY3A

Stella Glow Gets a Spell-binding Launch Edition and Release Date

The Launch Edition Premiums include cloth poster, music CD with sleeve, and large character flexi-charm; release date is set for Nov. 17, 2015.
IRVINE, Calif. -- Sept. 16, 2015 -- From Imageepoch, developers of the original Luminous Arc game, Stella Glow is a strategy RPG with its own special magic -- song magic, that is. For a game centered around a boy named Alto and five Witches whose power in battle derives from unlocking and tuning their musical abilities, the fan experience will reach a crescendo with the Stella Glow -- The Launch Edition Premiums. An oversized outer box comes colorfully decorated with character artwork of Alto and the 5 witches. The "Song Magic" CD includes each of the Witch's theme songs and a beautiful sleeve to keep your music protected. Take Witch Popo's lovable pet pig, Bubu, around wherever you go with the adorable Bubu Flexi-charm. Known as the Witch of Destruction, Hilda gets her very own "Hilda's Crystal Garden" cloth poster. Only available at retail, the Launch Edition will be limited to pre-orders and a small quantity of launch day copies. The game will be released in retail stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on Nov. 17 for $49.99/CA$59.99. For more information, check out the official website at http://www.atlus.com/stellaglow

In Stella Glow, protagonist Alto starts as a country boy in a small town. One day, he hears a song coming from the forest (which is odd, since song has been absent on the planet for thousands of years), where he discovers the lone Hilda. But after the chance encounter, Hilda reveals she's the Witch of Destruction, hellbent on destroying the world with her Harbingers. As Hilda is about to destroy Alto's hometown, he and Lisette are rescued by the Royal Knights and whisked back safely to the kingdom. Alto joins the 9th Regiment for the sole purpose of gathering the other Witches to stop Hilda.

Stella Glow Features:

- Song Magic: Famous Japanese voice actors sing more than 20 songs in the game. Plus, the soundtrack is composed by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Xenogears). The songs are part of Song Magic -- a vital combat and story element. Players can even choose to "tune" the Witches' hearts to increase their abilities.
- Solid Strategy Gameplay: From the team behind the classic Luminous Arc games comes a brand new IP with the same renowned level of strategic combat.
- Free Time: Players will get an allotment of Free Time where they can upgrade or buy items, tune Witches' hearts, explore, and grind experience, but that's in limited supply as Combat Time will drive along the game's story.
- Forming Bonds: Several Free Time options allow players to deepen relationships with their comrades, even form romances, which can unlock new powers and special events - make sure to use your Free Time accordingly!
- Plenty of Fight: Stella Glow will have 40-60 hours of story and sidequest content, with multiple endings, New Game+ mode, and more than 50 maps to battle on. The world of Stella Glow is rich and vibrant with tons to do!

Strategy RPG Stella Glow will be available in the Americas Nov. 17 and is available for pre-order now. The adventure of Alto and the five Witches trying to save the world covers an engrossing story with vibrant art in this brand new title from Imageepoch and ATLUS. The game is rated T by the ESRB. For more information, please visit the official site, http://www.atlus.com/stellaglow

Looks good to me!

With SegAtlus launching this and Legend of Legacy in the west, any hope for the new 7th Dragon?

I sure as hell hope so, since Stella Glow is owned by Sega, that really bodes well for 7th Dragon III. Hopefully Atlus announce it soon enough, they have nothing for 3DS in 2016 at the moment.

killroy87

Oh man, this reminds me so much of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It looks incredible, I had never heard of this before. Anyone know if it's supposed to be any good?

Stage On

Well that's sooner then I was expecting! Boy November is going to be crowded with rpgs!

I wish Atlus would get Amazon.ca to update their info on this and Legend of Legacy. Both are still listed for the December 31rst placeholder :/

UCBooties

I just watched some trailers for this:

Song Magic Trailer

And

Witch Tuning Trailer

So this is essentialy Luminous Arc meets Ar Tonelico, right? I really like the Song Magic mechanic from the original Ar Tonelico so I'm pretty excited to see it in an SRPG. I wonder if there will be a demo of this like there was for Legend of Legacy since their both Atlus published.

Parakeetman said:
Game is way better than Luminous Arc Infinity thats for sure.

What was wrong with Luminous Arc Infinity? I was pretty bummed it never came over to America.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What was wrong with Luminous Arc Infinity? I was pretty bummed it never came over to America.

Gameplay, music, game mechanics, useless unnecessary touch screen mechanics with the various divas.

The only thing it has over Stella Glow is graphics and that isnt too hard considering its Vita vs 3DS.

I honestly was impressed with Stella Glow once things started to pick up with the game. Though folks may feel it starts out pretty weak. Which it does till you start getting more skills for the characters. Then once you have all the witches and the ability to use their songs game is pretty great. Enjoyed the story and characters also.

Really think that anyone who plays Stella Glow first, then goes to LAI will be let down by LAI as there is a fairly obvious difference in quality with the titles.

Top Bottom