• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steroids are rampant among fitness influencers, trainers and bodybuilders say. Most use in secret, claiming their gains come from workouts and diet pl

DavidGzz

Never had this issue except for the odd few I get from sweat and not showering immediately. I’m natural tho and all the natty guys I know don’t have the issue at all.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about roid users. I see it among the guys whose shoulders all of a sudden blew up. It's a pretty common-looking pattern of acne on their shoulders and back.

Kenpachii

Its a lifestyle. People looking for quick gains are usually the ones that take gear or fall off after a short amount of time.

Yea i get it, however keeping at it is some proper dedication. I trained myself for about 6 years and just bailed on it because of work and everything went down the shitter again. So yea 10 years+ is some proper dedication to keep at it.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I legit wonder if this is in part because of the [subconscious] pressure it may put on the partner to also be in peak physical condition.

An "if he's not in perfect shape, I don't have to be in perfect shape" kind of thing.
Bingo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I legit wonder if this is in part because of the [subconscious] pressure it may put on the partner to also be in peak physical condition.

An "if he's not in perfect shape, I don't have to be in perfect shape" kind of thing.
Hard to tell.

What people say in polls isn't necessarily what they really want. What many woman do (hook up with a normal dad bod) is probably more with the fact there's more average beer gutters than Wolverines.

It's like when I'd talk dating with coworkers. The women would always say "it's not about what they look like. It's about sense of humour and being good with kids".

Then when we'd ask each other what kind of online dating filters we'd do, EVERY woman who was doing online dating at the time picked the $75,000 or higher income brackets for their male candidate. This is when Match.com had income brackets you can fill out. They got rid of that years ago. Then suddenly they are like.... "Well, I don't want him to use my money. I don't want to support him." Even when I said what if he's a really good guy in the $50-75,000 bracket, it's was a no-go. Not enough money as my peers and I all made at the time around $100k. So suddenly the "good funny dad" motto is important ONLY if you made decent money to go with it.

When I filled in my profile and didn't state my income bracket (I was thinking every person would do this), I got only so many hits. The second I chose the $100-125,000 bracket), my view hits literally tripled overnight. Suddenly my inbox icon is getting red flags every day like I just turned on Niagara Falls. All because I put in some income. On the other hand, I didn't give a shit what she made and left the income bracket on my filters as blank so it didnt' matter what money you made.

MikeM

Yea i get it, however keeping at it is some proper dedication. I trained myself for about 6 years and just bailed on it because of work and everything went down the shitter again. So yea 10 years+ is some proper dedication to keep at it.
Yeah I get it. You should get back into it. Never too late.

Kenpachii

Yeah I get it. You should get back into it. Never too late.

Currently actually started 2 weeks ago, gotta start from scratch tho. But hey gotta start somewhere. So kinda got stoked reading some of those story's. Currently wanting to go and visit a buddy to do some extreme sports in a few years from now at the other side of the planet. He's also training. So yea lots of goals.

Thank god for my genes then.

Never used any PED's and wholly rely on sheer diet, exercise, and blessed with a very high metabolism.

I'm 90% Natty, with the 10% Protein Shake routine (3 scoops after workout only) every 2 - 3 months.

At least now I can feel a little better about not feeling like i'm doing enough whenever I see people on SM being fitter than me - cause some of them look unnaturally yolked.

Vaelka

People whine so much about '' unrealistic standards for women ''.
Which is fucking hilarious if you look at how much more unrealistic they are for men lol.

I do think women self-impose it more, but I also think that men as opposed to what loud people on the internet would have you believe are A LOT more lenient than women are on it.
Most guys are lucky to find someone at all, guys generally have very low standards just because they have high preferences doesn't change that.
Ultimately the beauty standards for men are five billion times more extreme than they are for women and for women it's also more varied.
For the most part it also just boils down to '' don't be unhealthy '' while for men it's like '' kill yourself physically and mentally and make your life a living nightmare so you can look like a gigachad ''.
Not to mention that most women won't put up with the lifestyle that goes into it either lol.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Some people will do anything for money.

When these guys start their journey to become a social media influencer in this field, the allure of $$$$ means they will do anything to get it, even if this means steroids.

People whine so much about '' unrealistic standards for women ''.
Which is fucking hilarious if you look at how much more unrealistic they are for men lol.

I do think women self-impose it more, but I also think that men as opposed to what loud people on the internet would have you believe are A LOT more lenient than women are on it.
Most guys are lucky to find someone at all, guys generally have very low standards just because they have high preferences doesn't change that.
Ultimately the beauty standards for men are five billion times more extreme than they are for women and for women it's also more varied.
For the most part it also just boils down to '' don't be unhealthy '' while for men it's like '' kill yourself physically and mentally and make your life a living nightmare so you can look like a gigachad ''.
Not to mention that most women won't put up with the lifestyle that goes into it either lol.

This bit is so true. Of course we'd all love to be going out with Scarlet Johansson but that's never going to happen so a solid 7 is enough for most men.

Also, one man's idea of a beautiful woman is often quite different to what another man wants. With women they are all pretty much after the same thing: tall, athletic, confident, successful, well endowed. If you have those characteristics you can get pretty much any woman.

Top Bottom