• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

So I was thinking, could Garnet resent Rose for seemingly starting this "war" and getting them stranded on Earth? Her comments about the battle last night just seemed kinda off. Have we heard her talk about Rose in a positive light outside of battle related stuff to Steven?

KiN0

So I was thinking, could Garnet resent Rose for seemingly starting this "war" and getting them stranded on Earth? Her comments about the battle last night just seemed kinda off. Have we heard her talk about Rose in a positive light outside of battle related stuff to Steven?
the moss episode had some positive stuff. I think Garnet, like the other gems, respected rose. She just had a more realistic view of her.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That Pearl meltdown. I almost cried
seeing Steven hug her and her almost Mako-esque tears. What an emotional moment

And this was just the first part of the Steven Bomb. Oh man oh God.

rexor0717

the moss episode had some positive stuff. I think Garnet, like the other gems, respected rose. She just had a more realistic view of her.

This reminds me that I need to rewatch some
all
episodes because there are so many details I missed. There was a point in which I didn't realize how much foreshadowing the show was doing so I wasn't really looking too closely.

Psxphile

IBcHY7N.png

I guess if anyone would know, it would be Rebecca's dad. Though this announcement seems a bit premature.

rexor0717

Great news, this show is going to go ham in its later episodes, I can already feel it. There will definitely be giant gem fusion battles in space.
I need it

Crocodile

I can't say I was moved to tears or nearly so like many in here apparently but that was still a very good episode. I'm a a bit worried about Pearl, she seems unhinged. I'm not sure if Steven was able to bring her all the way back from the edge there.

Great news, this show is going to go ham in its later episodes, I can already feel it. There will definitely be giant gem fusion battles in space.
I need it

Any show that can potentially go in the direction of TTGL is a show I want to support.

I don't know about resentment but I do think she sees Rose in a different light compared to the other 2. There's been a ton of "Rose was PERFECT and glorious and kind hearted!" and general hero-warship from Pearl and Amy "grew up" under Rose so she idealizes her like a child to a mother or older sis but Garnet never does either of those things.

Maybe one of Roses secrets is that she relied heavily on Garnet's future sight to lead them, maybe to the point of abusing it. We know Garnet can give others future vision so maybe that got outta hand at some point.

Or maybe she had to constantly stop Rose from doing things. I mean, Garnets the leader now and everyone takes orders from her AND she has Future Vision so she doesn't have to see the mess that's caused under anyone elses leadership other than her own. Maybe this grounds her perspective of Rose as a realistically fallible being with faults who could have gotten them all killed 100s of times over (be it from the war or from these secret outings) without Garnet there to step in and warn her.

Or maybe she just thought Rose's cause for War was selfish but Garnet had her own reason for going against the HW. I find it interesting that last week we had Pearl go all "WE ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS, GUARDIANS OF THIS PLANET!!" well Garnet, the leader, was just all " ... break the power core Amy!". Seems like Garnet doesn't drink too hard from Roses Kool-aid.
And ontop of that the green girl didn't really seem to know wth Pearl was talking about. Maybe the War over 5k years ago wasn't caused for the reasons Pearl was told. Seems strange that Peridot would know that "all gems" on this planet were taken out (Great war?) and also know about humans and Kindergartens but for some reason she goes all ".. Crystal ... Gems?" after Pearl's speech. And ontop of that Lapis had some choice words from someone from the past.

rexor0717

Yeah, the Crystal Gems aren't the grand protectors of the Earth. They may be the good guys, but somewhere along the line, their mission statement overrode the truth. Amethyst doesn't know better, but Perl is such a zealot that she'd have drank the kool-aid.

Any show that can potentially go in the direction of TTGL is a show I want to support.
We already got one giga drill breaker, so we're not too far off.

Psxphile

Peridot, after Marble Madness, struck me as someone who wasn't or couldn't have been present during Rose's rebellion and/or who's misinformed about what really happened in the past. Maybe purposely misinformed.

EDIT: damn, new ep in 20 minutes

rexor0717

Also to the post above, I wonder if future vision is kinda a "the one ring" kind of deal where everyone is like "I could use this for great good, just give me a chance!" Garnet has the willpower to not abuse it, but she could foresee her allies abusing the power so she kept a distance between herself and them.

Psxphile

Welp the Gems are doomed...still...

I love Garnet actually thanked Greg for his help.

This whole episode felt like a massive death flag. All that focus on Greg, with him finally being able to contribute. And now an invasion fleet is on its way, and it seems they've made Steven their target.

EDIT: oh and let's not forget Garnet, the one who foresees all, finally acknowledging Greg. She knows, and there's nothing she can do to stop it.

Raxus

This whole episode felt like a massive death flag. All that focus on Greg, with him finally being able to contribute. And now an invasion fleet is on its way, and it seems they've made Steven their target.

God I hope not. Greg has been showing increasing concern about Steven's adventures so something really bad is going to happen soon.
EDIT: oh and let's not forget Garnet, the one who foresees all, finally acknowledging Greg. She knows, and there's nothing she can do to stop it.

pYbaS5d.gif

Edit: Plus if he died then Story for Steven just got THAT much more awkward.

Psxphile

He stopped the orb thing.

From a certain point of view you could be right, but Greg certainly doesn't think he has much worth to the Gems or else he wouldn't be constantly excusing himself from getting involved and he most certainly wouldn't break into song about it.

vypek

Was that a "News of the World" album I saw?

Anyways, really liking where this is headed. Great stuff. Wonder if we'll get more cast members added as we head into season 2

Psxphile

Is that peridot in the corner?
Getting the stink-eye from Lapis? Yeah.

It's all speculation, really. There's still the issue of "Story for Steven" which is now scheduled to air sometime after Thursday's two-parter, and that's supposed to have Greg recounting Rose stuff to Steven.
On videotape... fuck...

EDIT: "The final scene from “Rose’s Scabbard,” with strings performed by Jeff Ball."

"I initially composed most of this, but Aivi took it to the next level by streamlining the composition, as well as with her amazing piano performance. We also got a LOT of help from Rebecca Sugar on this one, she really guided us to make this song into what it is, so special thanks to her!"

Greg is a mod confirmed. I really do like that everything that's been in shown in glimpses in past eps are now making their proper introduction.

Hamlet

Great episode. That message "I can't believe my flipping eyes". Such a sweet moment also when Garnet personally thanked Greg for the help. Hope it wasn't because she something grim was going to him happen to him in the future.

KiN0

Great episode. That message "I can't believe my flipping eyes". Such a sweet moment also when Garnet personally thanked Greg for the help. Hope it wasn't because she something grim was going to him happen to him in the future.

I took it as her giving him the credit that he deserved. I know she clenched her fists as if she saw something bad but I think that was her struggling to keep her cool together.

daveo42

Banned
Ugh...Steven Universe on fire right now with these episodes. Sounds like our Crystal Gems are kinda screwed. And so is Greg. I do love Sugar's music, especially when she gets away from her ukele. All of the songs tonight were fantastic.

Hamlet

keepbeachcityweird
tumblr_nl0oc9DYmy1sez0oko1_500.jpg

Not only has NOTHING weird happened in Beach City this week, but now there’s some ANNOYING noise-wave concert happening on the beach! It must be kids from Beach City Community College playing some “experimental jazz” or something. I only listen to jazz from Korea! K-Jazz! Played by beautiful boys with distinct personality archetypes!

Ug, good thing my ears have such waxy build up.

Steven Crewniverse: Making The Message
"For the Steven Universe episode “The Message”, creator Rebecca Sugar and sound editor Tony Orozco had to create some cool effects for the wailing stone.
Rebecca is playing on a modified Omnichord and Tony is jamming on effect pedals.
In the final version, you can hear a voice singing right before the car battery explodes. That was Rebecca singing!"

IBcHY7N.png

I guess if anyone would know, it would be Rebecca's dad. Though this announcement seems a bit premature.

Pretty awesome if true.

I took it as her giving him the credit that he deserved. I know she clenched her fists as if she saw something bad but I think that was her struggling to keep her cool together.
Haha yeah i was thinking that and she sure did a masterful job in easing the situation. But all this talk about Garnets future vision has me all worried ha.

I imagine that if Greg does die, Steven's healing powers will activate and bring him back to life. This show can get dark at times, but I think killing Steven's father would be too much for this show.

Psxphile

^ it doesn't necessarily mean he's kill, just that he simply won't be around. I agree, killing off the dad is a bit dark even for this show. I wouldn't even be entertaining the thought if the VA hadn't tweeted something earlier last week (now deleted) that could be construed to meaning he won't be voicing Greg anymore.

The text for "Water Witch" looks like "Dragon Quest" styled text.

I saw this brought up several times since the preview. Pretty awesome if true, but I can't help but feel I've seen that kind of logo style somewhere else. Like, music-related.

ffdgh

Hmm...paying attention to that random focus on garnet's right hand, the gem's shape is the same as the blue one on the temple's door. Wonder is it alluding to that jail break sneak peak.

Crocodile

If "big shit goes down" I hope they don't just basically retcon it like Adventure Time loves to do. Like I don't need people to die or anything but if you are going to run with big changes, have them stick for more than like two episodes plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom