• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Still cant make sense of what happens in FF7 Remake? Try this video!

Silvawuff

I feel like if FFVIIR got the hyper-faithful frame-for-frame remake treatment, some people would complain that it didn't try anything new or attempt to expand beyond the original. I personally enjoyed the narrative twists and fresh take on the Midgar I knew and loved. I think the problem is in the branding. I feel its more of a complimentary piece that can be enjoyed next to FFVII. It doesn't devalue the franchise to have different ways to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the next entry, whenever we get it!

I feel like if FFVIIR got the hyper-faithful frame-for-frame remake treatment, some people would complain that it didn't try anything new or attempt to expand beyond the original. I personally enjoyed the narrative twists and fresh take on the Midgar I knew and loved. I think the problem is in the branding. I feel its more of a complimentary piece that can be enjoyed next to FFVII. It doesn't devalue the franchise to have different ways to enjoy it. I'm looking forward to the next entry, whenever we get it!
Why would people complain that a remake doesn’t expand beyond the original?
And it shouldn’t have. Now we have fucking documentaries to explain the story lmao.

Why would people complain that a remake doesn’t expand beyond the original?
And it shouldn’t have. Now we have fucking documentaries to explain the story lmao.
I mean it literally just happened with Demon’s Souls. There was a whole new armor set they added in the remake and people still complained because that’s not what they wanted, they wanted a whole new level instead

dwish

Well yeah, just like the original game
I always figured it was trauma and illusions. The black-clad men look similar enough to Sephiroth which in combination with Cloud's traumatized past causes him to see them as Sephiroth.
I like that explanation much better tbh, less crazy 😅

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
He exists because of Clouds memories? This is what I mean... Kingdom Hearts BS...

He exists because of Jenova cells. He's intrinsically tied to Jenova. So long as there are Jenova cells, and they're in an environment where they can divide and multiply, there will always be the potential for Sephiroth to be reborn. He's able to fuck with Cloud via hallucinations and such because Cloud is partly comprised of Jenova cells. You're taking it too metaphorically. It's nothing any crazier than what was established in the original game before the Compilation was even an idea.

Lethal01

He exists because of Jenova cells. He's intrinsically tied to Jenova. So long as there are Jenova cells, and they're in an environment where they can divide and multiply, there will always be the potential for Sephiroth to be reborn. He's able to fuck with Cloud via hallucinations and such because Cloud is partly comprised of Jenova cells. You're taking it too metaphorically. It's nothing any crazier than what was established in the original game before the Compilation was even an idea.

No, it's actually more in line with what he's probably thinking. it was also mention that Aerith would be able to do the same. It's less about Jenova and more about the fact that life itself in the world of FFVII is made up of the lifestream, which is made up of memories.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
No, it's actually more in line with what he's probably thinking. it was also mention that Aerith would be able to do the same. It's less about Jenova and more about the fact that life itself in the world of FFVII is made up of the lifestream, which is made up of memories.

I understand the relevance of the Lifestream, but I'd argue heavily that Sephiroth's connection to Cloud is very much strengthened due to the Jenova cells, which, bridging our points, is flowing through the Lifestream in some meager amount, anyway.

Velius

Banned
This game =
mona_lisa_with_mustache_printed_napkin-rf5efd10911b94e4cb5563fca00932b05_2cf00_8byvr_512.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
FFVIIR is just a way to created a time paradox that will allow to have an alternate timeline where somebody loved by the fan base won’t be killed by the evil dude.

Last edited:
Top Bottom