• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stormchaser - New SEGA game? (AKA The Great White Hope)

Mœbius

Heard from a contact at SEGA that they are working on a new title called 'Stormchaser'; apparently it's a new game from the racing studio in the UK. He wouldn't say (or doesn't know) what it's about but with a name like that it sounds pretty self-explanatory!

Would be interesting to see them come up with something new and original instead of rinsing the old IPs. Come on SEGA, just for once remember the old days when you had talent and could make something fresh without messing it up... you can still be a contender!

Busty

Banned
I hope it's nothing to do with that crappy British kids movie 'Alex Rider'....

-shudder-

Blonde teenage actors rendered in next gen power FTL

It`s bound to be a tie in with stormchaser, which is like a british spy kids that didn`t suck quite so much.

This game, will not be good.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
ChrisAllenFiz said:
It`s bound to be a tie in with stormchaser, which is like a british spy kids that didn`t suck quite so much.

This game, will not be good.

See my post.

With a name like that, you could take it literally and make a game based on stormchasers, or rather tornado chasers. Set it in diverse locations where free roaming, basically Smuggler's Run/Motocross Madness-style open racing while chasing twisters with a photographer/intrumentations-tech in the passenger seat competing with other equally crazy stormchasers. Or something like that.

Drakken

MightyHedgehog said:
With a name like that, you could take it literally and make a game based on stormchasers, or rather tornado chasers. Set it in diverse locations where free roaming, basically Smuggler's Run/Motocross Madness-style open racing while chasing twisters with a photographer/intrumentations-tech in the passenger seat competing with other equally crazy stormchasers. Or something like that.

That would at least be something new.

Andy787

Banned
pirateben said:
Would be interesting to see them come up with something new and original instead of rinsing the old IPs. Come on SEGA, just for once remember the old days when you had talent and could make something fresh without messing it up... you can still be a contender!
YAKUZA, asshole.

Which none of you stupid assholes bought. I hate you.

Mœbius

I would contend they messed it up with the North American localisation; but otherwise yes - that was a very good game... which i own.

Pachael

Yep, what Andy said. Yakuza's the great white hope, and <25K for September means that it's a total bomb bomb. Y'know, that $20 million they spent on it looks wasted - that's why we get Sonic next-gen instead! Wow, I hated playing Shadow but I love its sales figures (1m+ worldwide), go Sega! So where's my Shadow 2?

Top Bottom