• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Brigade (Rebellion new IP) announced [PS4, Xbox One, PC]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anfp4gU7FAg

From the creators of Sniper Elite 4 and Zombie Army Trilogy comes a rip-roaring 1930s adventure for 1-4 players filled with pulse-pounding action, treacherous traps and tales of derring-do …

Rebellion presents: STRANGE BRIGADE!

Embark on an exotic safari into DANGER where few dare go and fewer return! Encounter FANTASTIC and forgotten civilizations shrouded in MYSTERY! Uncover TREACHEROUS tombs and unfathomable EVIL, never-before-seen by any human now living …

Lucifon

Hmmm I can pretty much see the 'Zombie Army Trilogy' template bolted onto a new setting in this. Seems like they've taken their work there, put it in a different setting and amped it up abit from there.

Shin

Banned
The environment looks interesting, need more Egyptian, Aztec, Inca and Mayan themed games.

MilkyJoe

ZWVqQ7h.gif

I am so f*cking in!!!!!!!

edit

Another shooter and co-op?? Meh, next.

Is it

I am so f*cking out!!!!!

Edit:

Rebellion®‏Verified account
@Rebellion
Follow
More
Introducing: STRANGE BRIGADE. A rip-roaring 1930s third-person adventure for 1-4 players. Coming soon to #PS4, #XboxOne & #PC!

I am so back in again!!

Hoping it plays like Left 4 Dead then, with AI playing the other 3

Santar

My interest level depends on if the single player mode is actually balanced for one player and doable unlike most of horde mode like games.
Fingers crossed!

Gbraga

Never played the Zombie Army Trilogy, but this reminded me of Hunt, when it was still called "Horrors of the Gilded Age", so I'm interested.

derFeef

Steam store page with more screenshots:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/312670/Strange_Brigade/

There are remote corners of the British Empire where the shadows linger at their deepest. The servants of The Crown know about these places and the supernatural beings that sometimes lurk there. It is part of the burden of Empire to protect the world from such horrors ...

Introducing the fearless and unflinching STRANGE BRIGADE!

Embark on an exotic safari into DANGER where few dare go and fewer return! Encounter FANTASTIC and forgotten civilizations shrouded in MYSTERY! Uncover TREACHEROUS tombs and unfathomable EVIL, never-before-seen by any human now living!

This pulse-pounding adventure will rivet you to your game controller!

Don't fail to play: STRANGE BRIGADE!

FOUR FEARLESS ADVENTURERS!
Explore the ancient world as one of four dashing explorers, each with their own special powers, weapons and tactics.

A THRILLING 1930's CAMPAIGN!
Experience a rip-roaring new adventure for 1-4 players filled with pulse-pounding action, treacherous traps and tales of derring-do!

LEGIONS OF BEASTIES!
Fight-back-to-back against an army of mythological menaces unleashed by an ancient Egyptian ruler so nefarious she was wiped from the hieroglyphs: Seteki the Witch Queen!

HIDDEN TREASURES!
Stay on the lookout for secret caves and buried riches. Get off the beaten track and keep those peepers peeled ... what with all those dastardly traps about!

I don't care for Call Of Duty zombies, so this does nothing for me. Seems like an expansion pack for that, down to the retro B movie presentation.

I was hoping it'd be an adventure game that was actually about exploring, puzzles, treasures, characters, and a fun plot. Oh well.

derFeef

I don't care for Call Of Duty zombies, so this does nothing for me. Seems like an expansion pack for that, down to the retro B movie presentation.

I was hoping it'd be an adventure game that was actually about exploring, puzzles, treasures, characters, and a fun plot. Oh well.

ZAT is nothing like COD zombies if it's based off of that.
ZAT always had a more exploring and survival feeling, like a weird Resident Evil - L4D hybrid. I would say it will be more like that.

Lime

I'm not sure about the only person of color in the game having this particular design:

image_strange_brigade-35598-3876_0005.jpg

But maybe there's some context behind it that renders it sensible and justifiable

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good. Can't wait to see more.

butman

Damn! Imagine this same trailer with 3 men and a woman in a blue Cadillac being attacked by a horde of dinosaurs.

Capcom need a remake of Cadillacs & Dinosaurs!

Akronis

I'm not sure about the only person of color in the game having this particular design:

snip

But maybe there's some context behind it that renders it sensible and justifiable

Yeaaaaa, that one kind of weirded me out too.

Ashtar

I'm just surprised that no one on the development team had anything to say about something so glaringly controversial

That was my initial thought..... but for now im giving them the benefit of the doubt
I was checking out the youtube comments and some interesting tidbits
-Gameplay at E3 (of course)
- More characters to be announced
-closer range that ZA, more exploration and traps
- Narrator confirmed for the whole game
- Re: african bush lady: She's a masai and dressed in traditional garb
Was zombie Army trilogy good? does it have local coop?

Top Bottom