• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Phenomenon Taking Place Late At Night

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Serious answer, get your vision checked. I used to see bright spots/shadows in my peripheral vision at night and it turned out my astigmatism was getting worse, and it was a precursor to migraines. Got glasses and it solved itself

nkarafo

Angels bro

8LQbzx4.jpg

*Shudders*
Eva anime angels are more accurate, confirmed.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cutty Flam Cutty Flam How did the video turn out?
Tonight I’m planning on recording at least an hour and a half directly towards where this occurrence has been taking place to see what happens. I’m fine with nothing being captured, and I’m fine with something abnormal being captured but I gotta rule out the possibility of an abnormal shadow or orb or something being the reason. Otherwise, I could be making a doctor's appt for no reason lol. Paranormal or eye issue, that seems to be the only two options that make sense at this point to me. I'll be paying sharp attention to the outside area near the window as well, trying to determine if a car passes by (if) the tiny shadow passes by again

Romulus

This shit must have a scientific explanation tho...

Internal bio clock?! Like when you get up 1 sec before the alarm sound start in the morning?!

Could be, but I think too much stock is put into "scientific explanations." It's all we have sure, but science is constantly updating or outright changing previous "concrete" theories. Not only that, they admit they don't understand most of how the universe works. We just recently proved gravity had waves lmao. I would assume there are phenomena that happen in the universe we don't understand that also affect Earth on the ground level somehow. I think it is time we come to terms with the fact that we are still very primitive. Maybe in 1000-5000 years, we'll have a decent grasp on how things work.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Could be, but I think too much stock is put into "scientific explanations." It's all we have sure, but science is constantly updating or outright changing previous "concrete" theories. Not only that, they admit they don't understand most of how the universe works. We just recently proved gravity had waves lmao. I would assume there are phenomena that happen in the universe we don't understand that also affect Earth on the ground level somehow. I think it is time we come to terms with the fact that we are still very primitive.
The fact that some phenoms are not explained yet, doens't mean that they are supernatural tho.

We just lack the tools to study them or we can't reach them (if we talk space stuff).

Romulus

The fact that some phenoms are not explained yet, doens't mean that they are supernatural tho.

We just lack the tools to study them or we can't reach them (if we talk space stuff).

I doubt it's supernatural too, but my point is we as humans know very little, even about our own planet. Talk to almost any "expert" in their scientific field and you can start to find huge holes in their understanding. Biology, chemistry, astrophysics is all very much a work in progress, so making any conclusion about stuff like this almost worthless if you exhaust the obvious options. We're pretty much just building the foundation while we die so that humans later can actually understand things.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Wow, I just saw it happen again literally a minute ago as I started to type this. It made me turn my head and not jump up but it startled me so badly that my head jerked towards it and up slightly. It's like it forces me to catch glimpse of it exactly as it happens. Like my mind is perceptive to it the exact moment in time it begins to move. This time it wasn't shadows but I saw magnificent colors this time, like it was a vivid painting swiftly passing by. I don't know why but lately it's been happening near the refrigerator and not going by the desk anymore. It happened this way a lot a few days ago too in the same direction. From the stove to the fridge and takes place in the kitchen. It's like it comes from the stove and then goes into the fridge (passes through the fridge). This happened with the lights on

The times before, it happened with the lights off. This only takes place over here, in the kitchen, that's where the source of this thing has been coming from lately. Before it was coming from what seemed to be the ceiling by the plant hanging in the corner of the room. No matter where I am late at night, it will not happen unless I am right here in this same spot. Wont happen ever in my room or literally anywhere else in the house ever. Only here. In the living room area near the kitchen. Happens as early as 11pm and has happened many times very deep into the hours of the night as well. It's really odd. Last time it didn't trip me out, felt like I was getting comfortable with this happening but that last one has me questioning things again

Keihart

Wow, I just saw it happen again literally a minute ago as I started to type this. It made me turn my head and not jump up but it startled me so badly that my head jerked towards it and up slightly. It's like it forces me to catch glimpse of it exactly as it happens. Like my mind is perceptive to it the exact moment in time it begins to move. This time it wasn't shadows but I saw magnificent colors this time, like it was a vivid painting swiftly passing by. I don't know why but lately it's been happening near the refrigerator and not going by the desk anymore. It happened this way a lot a few days ago too in the same direction. From the stove to the fridge and takes place in the kitchen. It's like it comes from the stove and then goes into the fridge (passes through the fridge). This happened with the lights on

The times before, it happened with the lights off. This only takes place over here, in the kitchen, that's where the source of this thing has been coming from lately. Before it was coming from what seemed to be the ceiling by the plant hanging in the corner of the room. No matter where I am late at night, it will not happen unless I am right here in this same spot. Wont happen ever in my room or literally anywhere else in the house ever. Only here. In the living room area near the kitchen. Happens as early as 11pm and has happened many times very deep into the hours of the night as well. It's really odd. Last time it didn't trip me out, felt like I was getting comfortable with this happening but that last one has me questioning things again

Just a heads up, i hope is nothing serious.

Cutty Flam

Banned

Just a heads up, i hope is nothing serious.
Thanks. I'm going to make an appt tmrw to get a referral. I blew it off last time, because this kind of stuff only happens in this corner of the house but finding some answers is a must now. Because if this isn't eye or brain related, then whatever is happening is commanding my mind's attention in a very acute way somehow

Starfield

In my cousins room we found a light emitting on the surface of wood in form of a triangle. It was light. In pitch blackness youbwere able to see it. The strange thing was you couldn't get rid it of it. If you waved your hands around it or directly above it there was no shadow overlaying the light.

One day it mysteriously vanished

Cutty Flam

Banned
This entire time it's been a mouse... I just saw the shadow go fast as hell in the kitchen, and this time my eye and mind saw enough through my peripheral to where I thought it was maybe like a shadow in the shape of an enormous roly-poly bug.It went under the stove and the shadows that I've seen must have been the mouse plus the reflection from the stove

It's a very small one, saw it carefully peek out from underneath the stove after it went under after like 5 seconds of staring at it once catching the shadow-like blur. Thing is fucking fast no wonder I couldn't figure out what was going on

I'll probably have to buy a cage of some sort put some food in there, and then set the lil guy free outside. He looked pretty cool too, but is probably only the size of a cap on a gallon of milk, maybe slightly larger

E-Cat

"An unexplainable phenomenon has been taking place late at night for about a month now and I've tried to find the reason for this happening the way it does...but I honestly don't think it could be anything other than the paranormal"

Oh, yes -- the only explanation must be paranormal. Incredible logic there

Top Bottom