• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things 4 Teaser - From Russia With Love

I actually liked the Lost Sister angle they introduced in S2. I understand it may have been a little too tryhard but for the backlash to be so intense that they scrapped it and we got basicslly a retread in S3, I dunno, kinda bummed me out

at the very least it was a little different, something new, I wanted to see more

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Loved seasons 1 and 2 but 3 just felt so disconnected from the small town mystery it started as. Can't wait for another season but I certainly expect a completely different tone this time around.

Sleepydays

Banned
Huge tonal change in Season 3, although I did still enjoy a lot of it. They went for that tedious neon, super-stylized 80's thing a little too hard...and that song at the end of S3 brought me out in hives. Still, I'm up for this!

plushyp

Loved seasons 1 and 2 but 3 just felt so disconnected from the small town mystery it started as. Can't wait for another season but I certainly expect a completely different tone this time around.
Huge tonal change in Season 3, although I did still enjoy a lot of it. They went for that tedious neon, super-stylized 80's thing a little too hard...and that song at the end of S3 brought me out in hives. Still, I'm up for this!
Another thing that didn't help matters was how much older the kids looked in comparison to how they were in Season 2.

Well, story wise, they should have ended it with season 1.

But now I am just along with the ride for entertainment, not class, anyway... :D
Looking forward to this new season..

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh man I hope they don't give away spoilers in the trailer!

DOH!

Nobody on planet earth thought Hopper was dead though. They basically gave it away in the same episode.

xrnzaaas

Kinda strange they're not trying to be mysterious about what is being done to Hopper. Anyway I barely made it through season 3 despite some good monster CGI. I don't know if I'll even watch season four, the show should've probably ended after season 2.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
You mean to tell me that the showrunners of Netflix's most popular franchise indeed did NOT kill off the lead character?

Well I'm shocked.

Shocked I say!

Nice! I figured, but nice to have confirmation.

I am hoping they can do right by Season 4. Season 3 was so all over the place. I really didn't like parts, but really did like other parts.

MGHA

the explanation better be fucking superb or i'm out

Common sense theory tells me he went back in time to make railroad for soviet russia. and ten, eleven or twelve or what ever her name is must create a machine to bring him back, and the device they make looks like a dmc delorean because 80s

June

That dude is the worst actor and character on the show. Of course they immediately bring him back after killing him off.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
I hope this is good at least. I didn't care for 3. I loved it at first but when season 2 rolled around I realized this will something they just keep making till people lose interest. I'm tired of the upside down and every season being based around the same concept and feel. They just up the nostalgic ante each time is all.

I'd have preferred they just had every season or every other season focus on some other weird thing in Hawkins. Just like a town where weird shit happens instead of it always just being the same thing.

This show is getting shittier every season.

I hate it, when people die and next season they are alive again.
It removes the stakes.

And this show has done it every season after the first one.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
S3 jumped the shark, won’t be prioritizing this one unless gaf buzz is good.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Loved season 3 much more than 2. Gwinnett Place Mall represent!

Hilarious that people are upset this guy isn’t dead. We didn’t see him die he just disappeared.

Last edited:

drganon

Meh. I'll probably watch it since I still have Netflix, but the series peaked with the first season. The second and third were weak. I initially thought I liked the third more than the second season, but I've come around to not thinking either were all that great.

Top Bottom