• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Biker19

Banned
OK, we're good. Carry on!

And there it is.

EDIT:

Great, so the three of you can work together and cross reference those names against the TR timed exclusivity thread. I'd love to see these duplicitous rogues exposed for the hypocrites they are! Altered Juice - you go getter, you! - is already up and running, so this shouldn't take long at all!

See you in 24 hours.

Uh-Oh, here we go again...

Greenzxy

So the characters still have that deformed style?
Im not a fan of Chun Lis hands being bigger than her head. Those proportions give off a masculine vibe.

jswf3g60exfcqyzi1osc.gif

The characters at least look a lot better than in SF4. I think thats mainly due to the nice textures though.

Camera Angles. How do they work?

Sheroking

Definitely early alpha footage, her hair isn't even animated yet.

Yeah, I don't think this has been in development for even 6 months. Ono was relocated sometime in early summer and Dimps started hiring for a fighting game in July, I believe.

At the very least, I don't think this was in full development prior to Ultra's release.

Toki767

Yeah but it doesn't foreclose the possibility of a later edition being multiplat. Didn't the update to SF4 come out fairly soon after the release of SF4?

Been waiting for this. Too many damn "hypocrisy" posts from people who have no idea what hypocrisy means and won't provide proof.

Super Street Fighter IV came out a bit over a year after the original.

It was Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 that probably left a sour note on most people with Capcom. Like 9 months after the original.

AU Tiger

Way too big of a thread to read through to find this answer but did sony help fund this to get it exclusive similar (I presume) to microsoft funding Killer Instinct?

Jomjom

Banned

It was Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 that probably left a sour note on most people with Capcom.

Ah I see. Well I think an approximately 1 year exclusivity window sounds pretty likely. Maybe shorter this time because it's not just to update the game, but to get the game on the Xbone as well.

Way too big of a thread to read through to find this answer but did sony help fund this to get it exclusive similar (I presume) to microsoft funding Killer Instinct?

If you look at the tweets from Ono a while back, it would appear that Sony at least helped fund some of it. Of course depends on if you believe Ono or not, but supposedly they had no R&D budget for this game. That's really all the information we have at this point.

not generalizing them. it's just not surprising the reactions about tomb raider aren't the same here. the obvious cop out is "neogaf isn't a hivemind, blah, blah" but things tend to speak for themselves.

but i rather not get banned over this, so whatever.

Using vague descriptors and summarising everything as 'the reactions' rather than be specific sure sounds like generalising to me. Then basically stating in a roundabout way we're a hivemind doesn't really give credence to any impartiality on your part.

Either way, if you don't want to continue this then I understand. I won't press you any further.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I just spoke with a friend who works over at Capcom US and it's for sure a console exclusive on PS4. Not coming to Xbox One.

If a mod wants to PM me I can confirm with them whatever info they want.

Permanent.

Who knows about future "Ultra Turbo EX Whatever" editions, if such future editions ever exist, but this initial release is just PS4.

OK, we're good. Carry on!

Well damn .....

Ishan

dont think ppl know but i remember tweetsor comments from ono saying capcom didnt want to fund sf v at that point or something so i woudlnt be surprised.

Septic360

Banned
Didn't you do that video where you both and a friend of yours argued over which console has the best exclusives and you rallied for Microsoft and whenever your friend tried to get a word in edgewise, you shouted him down, nearly biting his head off without letting him talk?

Glad to see things haven't changed...

Way to dramatise it. He was just as bad.

Also, if you're trying to make a point about bias on my part, note that you have to state your case in more certain terms. I have no platform allegiance.

PS4 UK launch: Sony fans on why PlayStation is be…: http://youtu.be/CuzkQSNSzJg

That's me at 2:00

Holy fuck.

I hate how they are trading off exclusives....Tomb Raider / Street Fighter.

This is a way bigger deal in the long run I think. With a competitive game like this, even if it is a timed exclusive, I'm sure the scene will dig into whatever console gets it first. No way they'll switch unless the ps4 version drops frames or something.
dont think ppl know but i remember tweetsor comments from ono saying capcom didnt want to fund sf v at that point or something so i woudlnt be surprised.

I recall something similar. That really just points how horrible Capcom is at managing their finances. Probably the best selling fighting game and they still have trouble getting a sequel funded? Especially with 2 DLC packs.

vg260

It was Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 that probably left a sour note on most people with Capcom. Like 9 months after the original.

Yup, and in hindsight, I think people would agree that quick release was very much related to Marvel licensing issues.

Toki767

Ah I see. Well I think an approximately 1 year exclusivity window sounds pretty likely. Maybe shorter this time because it's not just to update the game, but to get the game on the Xbone as well.

I have no proof of this, but if I were Capcom and didn't want to blow the bank on budgeting for this game, it would make sense to release the game on 1 or 2 platforms to get some sales and use that in order to make an updated version on the rest of the platforms and get more sales.

It could basically be the indie strategy most indie devs use.

stn

It feels like MS has become complacent in the fighting game market, maybe because they want to strictly promote Killer Instinct? The XB1 didn't get Injustice ported over, either. KI is pretty good and all but its no Street Fighter.

wmlk

I don't play Street Fighter, but I always get excited hearing about it simply due to its pedigree and it being ingrained in pop culture.

Might pick this up.

Great, so the three of you can work together and cross reference those names against the TR timed exclusivity thread. I'd love to see these duplicitous rogues exposed for the hypocrites they are! Altered Juice - you go getter, you! - is already up and running, so this shouldn't take long at all!

See you in 24 hours.

LOL

did the other dude get banned from the Halo patch thread? he had to do the same thing.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This is a way bigger deal in the long run I think. With a competitive game like this, even if it is a timed exclusive, I'm sure the scene will dig into whatever console gets it first. No way they'll switch unless the ps4 version drops frames or something.

Ehh...they are both the same in my eyes (that is if TR is console exclusive to XBO for the entire run).

Jomjom

Banned

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised that Capcom didn't want to fund SFV. SF is big in the fighting community, but with respect to games in general, it's not like SF sells all that well. Anyone have sales numbers for SFIV in the US or globally?

EatMyFace

Banned
It makes me sad thinking that if this was a Xbone exclusive, everyone would be rioting with the moneyhat and that. But it's for the PS4, so everything's OK.

Anyway, this is huge, but maybe just region/timed exclusive?
It's only "OK" because Microsoft has done it so many times. Besides, the market leader getting 3rd party exclusives makes more sense especially one that has worldwide appeal.

In regards to Tomb Raider, that franchise was born on Playstation was it not? The fanbase is mostly on Playstation especially now that many Xbox players have switched over this gen.

xHiryu

Hella hyped for SF V, although I know its in extreme early stages, kinda disappointed with the art style (fuck the ink), like seemingly the majority of people in the thread.

They still look super beefed up, was kinda hoping for a more 3rd strike, alpha aesthetic where the characters looked kinda slim (slimmer than SF4 for sure), girls look a bit more like girls, and the have a more colorful artstyle. Kinda hope it doesn't become SF 4.5, and that the gameplay is all changed up with new mechanics and refined systems. Better netcode is obviously a given and as much as I would like a legit story mode ala MK9 or Injustice it seems high unlikely, so a legit training mode sounds like the next best option (KI and Skullgirls have banging tutorials), oh and the ability to practice online with your buddies.

Will get on PC for sure yo

I guess Japanese publishers are going to be doing this to mitigate risk on their big budget games. It seems short-sighted to not put your flagship franchise everywhere, but who knows what sort of deal Sony is giving them. I wouldn't mind if this approach resulted in some games that wouldn't get made without support from a first party.

Toki767

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised that Capcom didn't want to fund SFV. SF is big in the fighting community, but with respect to games in general, it's not like SF sells all that well. Anyone have sales numbers for SFIV in the US or globally?

SFIV: 3.3 million
SSFIV: 1.9 million
SSFIV3D: 1.2 million
SSFIVAE: 1.1 million
USFIV: About 500K last I heard?

Compare that to Resident Evil 6 which is at 6 million.

It's really only a major game in name brand alone, not necessarily in sales.

See you in 24 hours.

Fair enough. I should be able to find a few.

Zee-Row

Banned
I'd love to see them bring the parry system back. I completely sucked at them myself but it was fun watching Street Fighter pros use it.

Nemesis121 said:
This is a great steal for Sony but if Nintendo/MS really wanted SF game on their systems they could simple make a deal to get the Street Fighter Alpha 4 exclusive to that system, I wonder if that is what Capcom is hoping for..

That would be brilliant and a win for all SF fans.

See you in 24 hours.

fucking word. there's always someone that types something like this, and they never usually get called out. It might feel a place is a hivemind at times or whatever but unless you back it up with quotes from individual posters then it's such a cheap and lazy thing to write.

Biker19

Banned
LOL

did the other dude get banned from the Halo patch thread? he had to do the same thing.

It happened to me because I wasn't being very specific about a subject.

I winded up being banned for a day.

Been waiting for this. Too many damn "hypocrisy" posts from people who have no idea what hypocrisy means and won't provide proof.

fucking word. there's someone that types something like this, and they never usually get called out. It might feel a place is a hivemind at times or whatever but unless you back it up with quotes from individual posters then it's such a cheap and lazy thing to write.

People just got to be careful on what they say & use the right words when discussing about a certain subject, as well as being specific about it. I've learned my lesson.

fader

I don't think they go too heavy with arcade releases like what Namco does with Tekken. But we are in a new generation so who knows...

idk. I think 2015 is too early. I suspect they recently just started full development so they would need a full year minimum imo.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thought the game footage was from SF4 when I was watching the video, honestly. It's early yet, obviously, and SF4 cleaned up a ton over the course of development, but maybe the art style here should have been taken in a distinct direction, since every other generational SF iteration has its own look. Great production on the teaser, though, and the use of Explosions in the Sky.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Thought the game footage was from SF4 when I was watching the video, honestly. It's early yet, obviously, and SF4 cleaned up a ton over the course of development, but maybe the art style here should have been taken in a distinct direction, since every other generational SF iteration has its own look. Great production on the teaser, though, and the use of Explosions in the Sky.

I actually thought it was SFIV as well and kept waiting for the new footage.

I think I would have killed for something that looked like Guilty Gear Xrd and played like SFII:Turbo.

fader

That's... Interesting... Well I guess cause I see SF4 literally every week so it's more obvious to me which is SF4 and which is not.

Top Bottom