• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Floex

DqJSZUg.png

So yeah, looks more of an update of the SFIV engine.

It makes me sad thinking that if this was a Xbone exclusive, everyone would be rioting with the moneyhat and that. But it's for the PS4, so everything's OK.

Anyway, this is huge, but maybe just region/timed exclusive?
It's only moneyhats when MS & Nintendo do it

Sou Da

This was uploaded on the Japanese channel yeah? Maybe it just doesn't come out on Xbone there?

EDIT: Nevermind PC wouldn't have been there if it was Japan only.
Looks like PC+WiiU continues to be the right choice for me

ViviOggi

Wish it came to all platforms but at least Sony didn't/couldn't moneyhat this one away from PC. Fingers crossed for a simultaneous launch.

Trailer is whatever like every teaser trailer in existence

Weird. I hope they explain this. Street Fighter is an IP that doesn't need to be exclusified. In fact, as one of Capcom's bread winners, it shouldn't.

Coukd be japan only

PC doesn't matter in Japan. If it was Japan only, it might as well be PS4 exclusive.

phanboy4

No Japanese dev cares about the XBOne except inasmuch as they need to to reach the NA audience. Since the PS4 has had good penetration in NA from the start this gen they're hoping they won't need to bother with the XBOne.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Now this is definitely a moneyhat. Bad decision from Sony, I doubt it's worth it, not financially anyway.

One thing is sure, Xbox One is done in EVO.

Yeah, I was hoping that they'd put their money towards a game that needs it (*cough*dragonsdogma2*cough*)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
These models look like shit compared to the SF4 ones. IMO of course.

Anyway, I really hope we get cross-platform play. There's on excuse to not have it now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it me or are those basically the Street Fighter 3 models in 3D? I mean the look of the faces and whatnot

Chun and Ryu's face really reminds me of the SF3 versions

I tried to get into 4 so hard, played 2 for a while.
Maybe this will be my true entry point into the series.

I have a PS4, it was destined!

Sheroking

The art style is different though. Ryu and Chun are slimmer, it looks more like SF3 than 4.

Eh. SF4's designs are bulkier than they should be because they were not designed for HD resolutions.

It looks like SF4 designs without the inkblot, and a far darker, richer color palette. I like it.

MarkusRJR

Excited to see what they do with the series, even though I'm not really a huge fighting game fan.

Also, to the people freaking out over console exclusivity: I totally expect a Super SF5 for both consoles a year or two after the release of SF5. Capcom are way too money hungry to go console exclusive in this day and age.

BriGuy

So is this exclusive, or "exclusive?" Either way, I still hate seeing a segment of the gaming community get shut out of a previously multiplatform series, even if it does end up only being temporary.

Not if capcom wouldnt greenlight it and sony stepped in to help fund. Xbox owners seemed ok with titanfall exclusivity. Same wiyh bayo on wii u

Yeah, because Capcom, the global publisher with more than 2000 employees, is comparable to 2 small scale development studios.

Especially when Street Fighter 4 and it's various iterations sold more than 5 million units.

Don't be redicolous.

Flappy

Banned
I would say it's a timed exclusive, but the fact that they put so much emphasis on pointing out that it's exclusive, makes me think it truly is.

blakep267

Ultra and super sfv will be on Xbox #1. Sf isn't a good enough selling game that can ignore a while console base.

And now it looks like the playing field is even so nobody can complain about MS money hats anymore

u_neek

Not a huge megaton for me personally, but would love for this reveal to have been saved for the TGA or PSX :/

monome

an online and DLC oriented SFV makes sense financially for Capcom, and Sony wants to sell those PSN+ subs.

this is the strategy MS used when Live's income were put to buy exclusivities...

Xater

I really don't see why you'd make a game like this exclusive other than moneyhats/co-marketing agreements.

It doesn't affect me as long as the PC version is unaffected, but still.

If you have about equal consoles hardware wise every exclusive is because of moneyhats. I assume this is the beginning of Sony's answer to MS for buying exclusives.

I'm just happy w are getting SF5. Previous Capcom comments had me worried.

Memory

No way this is a real exclusive. Watch them release Super Street Figther 5 for X1 within 6-12 months of release.

Shame they stuck with that art style i was hoping for a change, anywho day1 PS4 for me in anycase.

Need a release date asap.

Magwik

Banned
I wonder if Sony is trying to secure the fighting scene. Injustice somehow magically skipped the X1 as well. But hype for SF5

Top Bottom