• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Ultra and super sfv will be on Xbox #1. Sf isn't a good enough selling game that can ignore a while console base.

And now it looks like the playing field is even so nobody can complain about MS money hats anymore

Yeah, the expanded releases are almost surely going to be multiplat. It's probably just the vanilla SFV that's console exclusive.

Syril

I really hate that when Capcom announces a new fighting game, my thought is "Will the inevitable Super version be offered as a reasonably priced addon, or will I might as well have waited?" After MvC3 I don't really want to buy new Capcom fighting games day 1 anymore.

Guymelef

tkumja.gif

I don't understand why this needed to be exclusive...sf4 is even on iOS? Sf is always on any and every system it can be on. Also the game looks really good, I wanna play it even though I don't play as many fighting gamea!

El_Cinefilo

So is this likely like the Bayonetta exclusive? had budget issues so Nintendo/Sony stepped in to help fund in exchange for exclusivity?

denshuu

I was wholly expecting this announcement to just be a new DmC or another Dragon's Dogma. Had no idea it'd be a game I actually care about.

PS4/PC will probably have cross-play.

Christ, I hope not. The slow-down on top of the network lag just to keep my game in sync with people trying to play SF4 on their toasters is unbearable.

StuBurns

Banned
For the same reason they did Dead Rising 3 exclusive.

$$$... All publishers are open for exclusivity agreement.
Yes, but again, Street Fighter 5 is a sure thing. The point of a money hat is to take risk off the publisher, Dead Rising 3 would have been a bomb for Capcom, so they wouldn't have made it. SF5 will be very profitable regardless.

It's a huge get for Sony anyway, so I can understand why they'd want it, I'm just surprised they'd want it enough to make not making an XBO SKU viable. This must be serious money. A lot of fucking money.

RK128

Wow, now this is a interesting surprise :D! Never expected a Street Fighter game to be exclusive to a system.

I think it is due to Capcom having issues with funding or something. Remember a while back when they said they cannot afford to make a new SF sequel? Well, maybe Sony made them a deal where the game comes out on PS4 and PC first for about.....4-6 months, then it comes to X1. Seems like a okay deal (as that looks to be the case for Rise of the Tomb Raider as well).

Just hope that Sony completely clears everything regarding the exclusively out during or after this event; they don't want another RotTR thing going on :l.

Trevelyon

So is this exclusive, or "exclusive?" Either way, I still hate seeing a segment of the gaming community get shut out of a previously multiplatform series, even if it does end up only being temporary.

It's fucking terrible, anyone who derided Square-Enix over the Rise of the Tomb Raider debacle should be equally perturbed at this.

tbm24

That teaser brought tears to my eyes. Hope they bring a version to EVO so i can give it a spin. I also think it's a dam shame if this game doesn't hit Xbox One. Best thing about SF4 was there were so many playing it across all platforms. I hope that doesn't stay true and it hits Xbox.

Kouriozan

This is what Ono said earlier this year

“Personally, I don’t want to stop Street Fighter’s main numbered series at IV,” says Ono. “Realistically speaking, developing a title for next-gen consoles requires a huge amount of staff members, and a large sum of money. The issue of money also applies to everyone else, as it’ll be required to invest in a new console, game, and arcade stick.”

Hotsuma

Street Fighter V: Ultimate Hyper Championship version B for Xbox One at E3? Or Will Microsoft moneyhat Marvel vs Capcom: Hope and Dreams Edition?

JordanKZ

I think someone has already mentioned this, but those models sure look like SF3 Ryu and Chun Li. I really hope this takes place after Third Strike, I really do.

I really hate that when Capcom announces a new fighting game, my thought is "Will the inevitable Super version be offered as a reasonably priced addon, or will I might as well have waited?" After MvC3 I don't really want to buy new Capcom fighting games day 1 anymore.
Every SF4 version lasted between a year and a half / two years, each update beyond Super cost $15 and not all of them were paid.

The MVC3 fiasco is the exception, not the norm.

Percy

Banned
Glad it isn't PS4 exclusive I guess, but wasting money on a Capcom "exclusive" of any kind is pretty pointless.

Sucks if you're an Xbox One only gamer of course... well... more than it usually does at any rate
jk

eso76

Quite a bit of footage from the actual game. Take a look again.

Like the grabs posted above?
Thought that was sfiv..
So disappointed they went with the exact same artstyle (which I never really liked to begin with), has to be the first time in a major entry for the series. Boo.

So is this likely like the Bayonetta exclusive? had budget issues so Nintendo/Sony stepped in to help fund in exchange for exclusivity?

If you believe that Capcom wouldn't greenlight a Sequel to a 5+ Million seller...

...I guess there is a way to make mental gymnastics.

Kiant

This.

But could be like how COD ads only show Xbox One at the end of the commercial.

CoD ads never have the word exclusive.

It makes me sad thinking that if this was a Xbone exclusive, everyone would be rioting with the moneyhat and that. But it's for the PS4, so everything's OK.

Anyway, this is huge, but maybe just region/timed exclusive?

Bit different since Tomb Raider was money hatted off both Sony platforms and PC but yeah let's not go down that path.

Sesha

!!!

Please don't let it be SF4-2. Let it follow 3rd Strike instead. And let it have new characters and forgotten SF3 and Alpha ones instead of recycling the entire World Warriors and the majority of the Alpha cast

Busty

Banned
I really don't really see why this title has to be exclusive, timed or otherwise, at all.

I wonder if the real megaton here isn't the fact it's a PS4 'exclusive' but actually coming to the PC as well.

Elandyll

Banned
Looks like 3rd party moneyhats aren't exclusive to Microsoft after all.

I disagree with 3rd party exclusives on principle. (When co funding is not needed), but on this one MS made their own bed. Not surprised that Sony countered with their own.
Probably timed in some form or another just like Tomb Raider.

Corto

Would prefer Dragon's Dogma 2 exclusivity/co-funding. That one is the game that won't happen any other way. Street Fighter would eventually release with or without such a deal. Maybe Microsoft has the chance there to sweep in and fund Dragon's Dogma sequel. Or the real megaton would be Sony going for broke and help fund both.

RPGam3r

Kinda sucks that the people I play fighters with own X1s and not PS4s. Thanks Capcom. And I'm calling shenanigans if this thread doesn't throw a conniption over a console exclusive going to the PS4 after what I saw with Tomb Raider.

If there's a good story mode I'll pick it up for PS4 I guess?

Going to reserve judgement for now until the bigger picture is clear, but if it's just a deal made to deny XB1 owners then I'm seriously disappointed.

Top Bottom