• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Momentary

Banned
Art style looks a lot better to me. ESPECIALLY in facial features. Clothing animation really looks to bring life into the game.

GHG

It's fucking terrible, anyone who derided Square-Enix over the Rise of the Tomb Raider debacle should be equally perturbed at this.

There is a distinct difference here.

The game was never announced before as coming to all platforms like Tomb Raider was.

qkrjuv.gif

Happy_Chun-Li.gif

Tizoc

So we're OK with this not being on XBone or something?

Graphics appear like an upgrade from SF4's. Ryu is swole, but that's just Ryu. Chun looks fine.

Hope to see some actual gameplay soon, and preferably this time it's not as slow as OG SF4 :p

Will double dip on PC and PS4 though.

monome

Yes, but again, Street Fighter 5 is a sure thing. The point of a money hat is to take risk off the publisher, Dead Rising 3 would have been a bomb for Capcom, so they wouldn't have made it. SF5 will be very profitable regardless.

It's a huge get for Sony anyway, so I can understand why they'd want it, I'm just surprised they'd want it enough to make not making an XBO SKU viable. This must be serious money. A lot of fucking money.

it's possible it's pretty much an amped up SFIV...
a quick and dirty job to sell PSN+ subs and get Capcom in the next-gen arena instead of watching MK or KI make profits while they sit on their IP.

Ricky_R

So this was officially released? I can only imagine what else they have in store for them to release this early knowing it would still be a big announcement during the keynote.

It's weird. I'm pretty realistic, but they must have some other bigger news.

chadskin

It'd say "First on PS4 and PC" or "Exclusively on PS4 and PC in 2015" or something if it's just a timed exclusive, I think. This announcement in the trailer is pretty straightforward.

Salex_

Ono is also known to be a trolling liar

He''s brunt when it comes to financial questions. Check out his comments about other Capcom IPs and the possibilities of them returning.

You can always look at Capcom's financial status if you don't believe him...

I really don't see why you'd make a game like this exclusive other than moneyhats/co-marketing agreements.

It doesn't affect me as long as the PC version is unaffected, but still.
Having SF5 as an exclusive will basically dictate where the FGC goes. This basically means that pretty much every console fighting game moving forward will sell more on PS4 because thats where console fighting game players will be at.

Paz

Literally got a few tears in my eyes, this is already 10x the biggest megaton I ever expected this weekend.

Holy shit.

Carn82

It'd say "First on PS4 and PC" or "Exclusively on PS4 and PC in 2015" or something if it's just a timed exclusive, I think. This announcement in the trailer is pretty straightforward.

SF V [adjective] Edition will probably be multiplat ;)

SykoTech

Unexpected announcement my ass, Capcom. Everyone and their grandma knew you were making Street Fighter V. I guess it being (console) exclusive to the PS4 was the unexpected part? Meh. Hopefully they have another bomb for the actually event.

Game looks pretty nice though, especially if it's pre-alpha. That Chun-Li air combo.

Also...wasn't there a thread before about whether or not Sony would land SFV as a PS4 exclusive. Pretty sure everyone said no too. Lol. Well, they kinda did...console exclusives seem to be the thing now.

Feindflug

To the guys that are saying Sony probably funded this...umm I'm not so sure that if Sony indeed funded it would let Capcom release a PC version as well, correct me if I'm wrong but pretty much every project that they paid for stays exclusive to them.

That being said that's definitely a megaton and one of the best moves that Sony could've pulled in terms of console exclusivity.

I seriously doubt Xbox owners care. They've already got Killer Instinct as a full exclusive.

And even if they do care, they can just grab it on PC, just like PS fans grabbed Titanfall on PC.

Not really the point though

Tomb Raider got blasted for going exclusive, this should too. If not, that's extremely hypocritical

Not if capcom wouldnt greenlight it and sony stepped in to help fund. Xbox owners seemed ok with titanfall exclusivity. Same wiyh bayo on wii u

So let me try and process this...you think Street Fighter was in trouble of not getting funded? Oh man

fantomena

Im pretty sure "Exclusively on PS4 and PC" means it's exclusive on PS4 and PC. There is no "Exclusive, holiday 2015" like with Rise of the Tomb Raider or "First on PS4 and PC" with some indie games.

gribbles

Banned
See, at least Microsoft is smart in that, if they're going to moneyhat a game, they moneyhat it the whole way so that it doesn't come to any other platform AT ALL.

If Sony really did moneyhat this, then it was a colossal waste of money, because Xbox gamers can simply circumvent it by grabbing the game on PC.

Isurus

Blah. I'd prefer this coming to Xbone as I'd like to use my KI stick. They are too expensive for me to buy another for PS4, so I guess I'll be passing on this game for now. Crap.

PS4 and PC only. Damn what did Microsoft do to make Capcom say no to a Xbox One version.

On well, this just reinforces my decision to buy a PS4 next year.

Usobuko

Banned
Would prefer Dragon's Dogma 2 exclusivity/co-funding. That one is the game that won't happen any other way. Street Fighter would eventually release with or without such a deal. Maybe Microsoft has the chance there to sweep in and fund Dragon's Dogma sequel. Or the real megaton would be Sony going for broke and help fund both.

Yea, I would prefer the money go into something unlikely to be funded like DD2. There so many things they could work on for the sequel.

So we're OK with this not being on XBone or something?

Well, first it'd be great to get more details on why the fuck this happened, but realistically speaking, it's very likely a moneyhat due to the fact that Street Fighter is a core franchise for Capcom that prints money.

If it's a moneyhat, it's a terrible deal. I can see why they did it, (this is a huge move to secure the fighting game audience), but a bad thing is a bad thing.

Top Bottom