• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Hotsuma

Having SF5 as an exclusive will basically dictate where the FGC goes. This basically means that pretty much every console fighting game moving forward will sell more on PS4 because thats where console fighting game players will be at.

Unless a new Marvel game by Capcom goes elsewhere.

alstein

Will most likely be timed if true. Capcom would be stupid not to get this out on as many platforms as possible eventually. Would be funny to see if sony fanboys are more modest about this exclusive than the microsoft fanboys were with the Tomb Raider one.

This is a bigger deal than Tomb Raider- especially when you add the knock-on impact. SF runs the genre more than any other title, so other FGs will likely follow Sony's lead.

I'd argue that an exclusive PS4/PC SF5 will get Sony at least 1/2mil console sales. That said, PC version will do better than people think unless they completely butcher the port.

Bring back Juri and I'm all in.

Of all the new chars, Juri is the most likely one to stay.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Art style looks a lot better to me. ESPECIALLY in facial features. Clothing animation really looks to bring life into the game.

Hells yeah. Ryu actually looks cool (like he did in 3S) and Chun actually looks pretty, even at this teaser stage.

I love SF4, but some of the art/models are ridiculous. It'll be nice to see them go slightly away from the cartoony look this time.

Also, dat tatsumaki ink... If that's the new "EX" effect, then I'm in like Flynn.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some more grabs.

iqW4KRshiKIIg.jpeg
iZJ8TWRjoaEdE.jpeg
iEQ588Xx05AUs.jpeg

ibap8WH0PXk4aA.jpeg
ipJj6jzgvYW4n.jpeg
iHmlO4RcRc2F0.jpeg

iVNA4t2ZBM1Ym.jpeg
ibnu0777Zlh9o1.jpeg
iNRLRWeXNuKhh.jpeg

nampad

I guess it is a timed exclusive or something like that. Doesn't make sense for 3rd parties to miss the sales except Sony moneyhatted.
Sony should have used that money for other things if the did though.

Guymelef

See, at least Microsoft is smart in that, if they're going to moneyhat a game, they moneyhat it the whole way so that it doesn't come to any other platform AT ALL.

If Sony really did moneyhat this, then it was a colossal waste of money, because Xbox gamers can simply grab the game on PC.

Have you seen Titanfall?

Spaghetti

hm.

well at least it's on more than one platform. taking a multiplat and making it fully exclusive has always been just dumb.

See, at least Microsoft is smart in that, if they're going to moneyhat a game, they moneyhat it the whole way so that it doesn't come to any other platform AT ALL.

If Sony really did moneyhat this, then it was a colossal waste of money, because Xbox gamers can simply grab the game on PC.

Like Tomb Raider?

Also, not everyone has access to a PC that could play the game.

jacksrb

If true, great pickup for Sony.

As an Xbox owner, I will hopefully look forward to the game if the year edition.

Very interesting...

Dynedom

Anyone who threw a fit in the Titanfall exclusive and Tomb Raider exclusive threads better tread carefully here (if they're coming in to praise this shit).

Feichaw

Timed exclusive? Money hat? Or has SFIV sold that badly on X360?

Seems like a weird move here. I'm happy it's coming to PC though.

I'm waiting until details are out until I cry from the heavens. If they're funding the game I don't really care or alternatively if they have some PS-centric content in the game like Playstation character fighters ( I don't know if SF does this sort of thing ).

Anyone who threw a fit in the Titanfall exclusive and Tomb Raider exclusive threads better tread carefully here (if they're coming in to praise this shit).

Alternatively, anyone who was okay with it should tread carefully here before complaining.

I'm a lot less annoyed by this deal than the Tomb Raider deal.
And not because of which console platform it applies to!

I think it being on PC as well will go a long way to people not caring as much, coupled with the fact that TR2 was announced on all platforms before that announcement happened.

Top Bottom